1. Today is crazy. Tomorrow will be better. I promise. This Random n@ is going to suck donkey omelets, yo. Ya been warned.
2. So a teacher’s aide from the Highlands School District got caught in a hotel room with a bunch of youngsters and cocaine, a scale, beer cans, marijuana, and an empty condom wrapper. She’d like to know:
“Why is this a story?” she asked.
I can’t imagine why.
3. Some Craigslist goodies:
- “Here’s a picture of me being a good guy. Here’s a picture of me with WHIPPED CREAM NIPPLES, BAY-BEE!”
- The very next logical step after having been a boy-bander? Product for receding hairlines, of course.
- He’s an INTENSE PhD candidate (snicker) who wants to be “dinned and winned.” He has a “vast culture” too. In case you’re unfamiliar with the language, that’s Asshole for “I’m a loser that needs to get laid.”
- “I look just like Ben Roethlisberger! Here’s a TEENY WEENY LITTLE picture to prove it.”
4. Rob Biertempfel, the Buccos reporter for the Trib, wrote to tell me he enjoyed the blog and:
I can almost hear you growling over Kim all the way down here in Braden-town.
So I wrote:
Seeing that you’re down there face to face with the Buccos of Suckitude (and I say that with a lot of affection for the lousy bunch of losers) tell me, how’s the atmosphere this year? Winning-y? Any better than years past?
What is Kim like? Are we going to call him BK, too? Do you think he’ll make the team?
And he wrote:
Yes, he responds to BK. No, he doesn’t appear to speak a ton of English (he must have apologized 10 times during our halting, six-minute interview). And as for making the team … eh, I’d say 60-40 (but that’s without seeing him pitch yet).
The aura around the club feels better than it did last year, believe it or not. More business-like. But there also is a sense of “If-I-do-well-they-can-trade-me-to-a-winning-team-Yippee!” that I get from certain fellas.
It is, as coach Tomlin would say, what it is. Don’t expect a .500 record. Do expect Jason Bay to be traded.
Will it be a fun team to watch? It will be, if you were a Sopranos fan. I watched the show just to see who would get whacked from week to week and who’d be around for the next episode. That’s how I’m guessing this Buccos season will go.
Also, if Kim makes the team, we’re losing the BK and we’re going with reader Sue’s suggestion Byung-YUM Kim.
5. I was reprimanded for not giving the boys a photo of Sonni when I last wrote about her. Here’s two oldies but goodies for YOU to growl over:
6. I HIGHLY encourage you to head to this old post and read NASCAR Lady’s latest comments. So now I have Benny lovers, NASCAR lovers, and pigeon lovers after me. If there’s a Benny-loving, NASCAR worshipping, pigeon farmer out there somewhere, I am SO going to be murdered.
Post over. Like I said, donkey omelets.