Good morning, sister! Today feels like a good day, no?
The snow is fresh and new and not quite so dirty anymore. The air feels clean. The city feels alive. The coffee tastes like the right amount of crack. My dog didn’t roll in deer poop today because he prefers his deer poop to be fresh and not frozen. It feels like a good day to look around our city, take a deep breath, and ask WHAT THE HELL WERE THE PENGUINS THINKING!?!
When you texted me yesterday informing me that the Pens had traded Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen, I’m pretty sure you were crying, or at the very least on the verge of crying … and I bet you were already drinking over this horrible news.
This was my brain in the space of seconds after I read your text:
4. Not Colby Armstrong!
5. Does that mean they’ll stop playing that awesome BMW commercial?
6. How does Sid feel about this, what with Colby being his best friend and all?
7. We better be getting Wayne Gretzky’s clone for this!
8. Where’s a kickable pigeon when I need one, damn it!?
9. I bet the scientologists have something to do with this.
10. When is David Conrad going to show up and comfort me?
So after texting with you for a bit, I ended up in Buckhead Saloon last night with my best friend for a quick drink just as the Pens game was winding down. It was there I learned that the trade acquired us Marian Hossa.
You know, Marian Hossa?
I had no frickin’ clue who Marian Hossa is other than he is NOT Colby Armstrong or Erik Christensen or David Conrad or any of my husbands.
But today, I’ve read up on this newest Penguin and I’m pretty sure you and I will be in love with him by mid-March. I’m halfway there already.
Don’t fret, sister of PittGirl. It is going to be okay. Also? He’s kinda hot:
Check this out. I particularly liked :40.