- February 29, 2008
- filed under Local media, Mayor Ravenstahl, Penguins, Pirates, Sonni Abatta, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons, Weird Burghers, Wendy Bell
1. If you’d like to hear some of the best of Myron Cope, this site kicks all sorts of ass.
2. Asylum is holding a hottest newscaster in the country contest and guess which local newscaster is in the finals along with the likes of Jillian Barbarie and Soledad O’Brien.
Sonni, you say? No.
Wendy, you ask pleadingly? No.
That’s right. Good ole’ Alison Morris.
She’s kind of lagging behind with only 2% of the vote.
Put aside whatever feelings you have of Sonni or Wendy being dissed. I say we support the local girl — the HOT local girl and work to vote her to at least the top third of the list. Because let’s be honest, our ivy-league educated, adorably hot Alison Morris is NEVER going to beat the Cleavage of Spellbinding Intoxication of Barbara Bermudo.
Also, Jim Lokay, you need to supply them with the better picture they currently seek.
Despite a tearful apology yesterday to a judge and a final plea for mercy, former City Councilwoman Twanda D. Carlisle was ordered to serve her sentence for corruption in a state penitentiary.
Former state Rep. Frank LaGrotta is eligible for an estimated pension of $48,000 despite his guilty plea earlier this month for hiring ghost employees for his legislative office.
Someone please explain to me why Twanda lost her pension but Frank keeps his? Why Twanda is serving her time in the state pen but Frank is serving his at his home probably spending his days eating Sun Chips and watching soap operas.
Are they not guilty of essentially the same crime, that is stealing from the taxpayers? Does this mean if Twanda had committed her crimes while serving as a state representative rather than a city councilwoman, that she would be seeing no jail time and would still have her pension? Did I miss something? Probably I did.
4. Reader Glen linked me to this site and boy does it rock! Generate your own church signs!
Glen did this one for me:
And here are mine:
They sure do, church sign. Because Satan is calling them home.
6. Marian Hossa was injured last night in his debut with the Pens, just as Kris Beech was injured in his return to the Pens. Is there a curse upon us, suddenly?! Also, the Pens were SPANKED last night. Spanked, I tell you.
7. Harpsichord, bagpipes, bongos and scripture. Every girl’s dream date. No lie.