Random n@.

1.  If you’d like to hear some of the best of Myron Cope, this site kicks all sorts of ass.

2.   Asylum is holding a hottest newscaster in the country contest and guess which local newscaster is in the finals along with the likes of Jillian Barbarie and Soledad O’Brien.

Sonni, you say?  No.

Wendy, you ask pleadingly? No.

Alison Morris.

That’s right.  Good ole’ Alison Morris.

She’s kind of lagging behind with only 2% of the vote.

Put aside whatever feelings you have of Sonni or Wendy being dissed.  I say we support the local girl — the HOT local girl and work to vote her to at least the top third of the list.  Because let’s be honest, our ivy-league educated, adorably hot Alison Morris is NEVER going to beat the Cleavage of Spellbinding Intoxication of Barbara Bermudo.

Also, Jim Lokay, you need to supply them with the better picture they currently seek.

(h/t Anonymous)

3.  Sometimes justice wins:

Despite a tearful apology yesterday to a judge and a final plea for mercy, former City Councilwoman Twanda D. Carlisle was ordered to serve her sentence for corruption in a state penitentiary.

And sometimes justice loses:

Former state Rep. Frank LaGrotta is eligible for an estimated pension of $48,000 despite his guilty plea earlier this month for hiring ghost employees for his legislative office.

Someone please explain to me why Twanda lost her pension but Frank keeps his?  Why Twanda is serving her time in the state pen but Frank is serving his at his home probably spending his days eating Sun Chips and watching soap operas.

Are they not guilty of essentially the same crime, that is stealing from the taxpayers?  Does this mean if Twanda had committed her crimes while serving as a state representative rather than a city councilwoman, that she would be seeing no jail time and would still have her pension?  Did I miss something?  Probably I did.

(h/t Puma)

4.   Reader Glen linked me to this site and boy does it rock!  Generate your own church signs!

Glen did this one for me:

And here are mine:

They sure do, church sign.  Because Satan is calling them home.

5.  Pirates win!!!  Pirates win!!!!

(h/t Woy)

6.  Marian Hossa was injured last night in his debut with the Pens, just as Kris Beech was injured in his return to the Pens.  Is there a curse upon us, suddenly?!  Also, the Pens were SPANKED last night.  Spanked, I tell you.

7.  Harpsichord, bagpipes, bongos and scripture.  Every girl’s dream date. No lie.

(h/t Rick)

1. lolo
    February 29, 2008 11:12 am

Harpsichord, bagpipe, etc. dude is looking for Pitt(sburgh) Girl. Uh-huh. There is your dream – go and grab it.

February 29, 2008 11:25 am

#2 — I love alimo — but, methinks barbara has her beat.

and, how on God’s green earth is sonni NOT on that list????

did anyone notice in the “comments” section of that site that jessica borg was mentioned? I guess she moved on to philly after working on kdka a few years ago. she’s fairly smokin’…

3. spoon
    February 29, 2008 12:23 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAH that’s right bitches! AliMo is top 20! Seriously, “I” could have supplied a better pic of her. Like the one when she was in a damn near watersuit/mmatrix thing outside the cathedral…

KDKA’s j-lo, get on that will ya!

4. Ravishing Rick
    February 29, 2008 12:27 pm

Wow !! some of those news anchors are rough,some remind me of a door knob,lots of people took a turn,where is Sonni Abatta!!!,she’s a natural all the way around,nothing fake about her,eyes hair,no over kill with the make up,the list can go on!!

5. Bram R
    February 29, 2008 12:28 pm

2. No dissing of Sonni or Wendy involved. Alison has this alabaster princess quality that manages to combine with a warm fuzzy quality, which is unusual and striking and gorgeous. You can’t take the dancing away from Sonni or the blogging away from Wendy, but plucking Morris from the top of the heap was a good call.

3. Yeah. Why am I not writing about this?

6. Ravishing Rick
    February 29, 2008 12:35 pm

Anybody care to have a Meet and Discuss on who’s the best,we can meet and I’ll Discuss,end of story!!
    Sonni Abatta got my vote.

7. plexxer
    February 29, 2008 1:01 pm

#7: Well, at least now we know who’s the father of Lady Elaine Fairchild…

February 29, 2008 1:20 pm

spoon — nice link you sent.

who IS that in the teal and shades? DAY-ammn!

and, actually, marcie cipriani has a half-way decent pic or two on that link. not alimo or sonni quality — but, channel 4 really should apologize for making her go through that makeover bullshit.

9. Stephanique1
    February 29, 2008 1:21 pm

7.) harpsichord, bagpipes, bongo’s, and scriptures…how is he still single?

10. Joe
    February 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Sonni is one in a million. Met her at a club downtown. Very politely turned me down for a dance.

As far as Twanda, every media account had her not being one bit sorry about what she did. She finally spoke the magic words at her sentencing, but a little too late

Frank apologized right away.

11. beth
    March 2, 2008 10:30 am

Frank also has made a deal, drop a dime, sing like a canary, etc.

Twanda had the guilt without the dirt on anyone else to save herself from going to jail.

Note to self: get the goods on someone else if bilking taxpayers.

12. STYPERK
    March 4, 2008 4:26 pm

Jim Lokay is Father Spoon

13. spoon
    March 6, 2008 9:50 am

I’m not Jim, I’m the guy that guards his snacks from Jon Burnett

14. DUMBASses
    March 12, 2008 10:50 am

You mean your the one who EATS them!

If you think alison morris is cute, than you obviously have not been outside of DA BURG. Become a little more worldy, and then get back to us. You sound like a nerdy little ass.

15. DUMBASses
    March 12, 2008 10:52 am

That picture of her looks like a chunky little college girl with over bleached hair; walk over to Oakland and 9 out of 10 of the girls are better looking and more talented. I watch Channel 4, as I cannot take her sqeeky voice.