Snow 1: Lukey 1

In a surprising comeback after an easy defeat a week or so ago, Snow kicked Lukey’s ass in today’s second battle in the War on Snow.

I left Oakland at 3:40 p.m. today and I got home less than 20 miles away at 5:40 p.m.

And I didn’t see a salt truck/snow plow until I hit Westmoreland County.

TEAM SNOW!

1. medgirl
    February 29, 2008 11:07 pm

It was no better in Butler either…took me 2 hours to go 20 miles…

2. chrys
    March 1, 2008 12:26 am

fuckinay..LOL~

3. steevo
    March 1, 2008 8:57 am

I just rss’ed your blog like 2 weeks ago.
    Im confused, it says “living and working in the burgh,” but yet you say that “home” is westmoreland country? Those two are mutually exclusive.

4. PittGirl
    March 1, 2008 10:02 am

Steevo,

That is a good point. I guess I consider myself living in the Burgh even though it’s a suburb of the Burgh. Is that misleading? I don’t mean to be.

I DEFINITELY work in the Burgh. :)

PittGirl

5. Jordan
    March 1, 2008 12:03 pm

We need shirts..
    TEAM SNOW

6. C.S. Keys
    March 1, 2008 12:47 pm

You’d be crazy to actually “live” in the Burgh. Suburbs is where it’s at, especially those outside of Allegheny County.

7. pgh131
    March 1, 2008 12:57 pm

I don’t think it’s crazy to live in the Burgh. While everyone else was spending hours in traffic Friday, it took me 15 minutes to get home.

8. Kelli
    March 1, 2008 2:53 pm

Yeah, I don’t find it a bit crazy to live in the ‘Burgh. I’m close to work and everything else I need.

That was a pretty broad statement, C.S. Keys. Maybe it’d be crazy for you to live in the ‘Burgh, but it isn’t for all of us.

9. C.S. Keys
    March 1, 2008 3:32 pm

Poor choice of words, I do apologize!

10. jason
    March 2, 2008 8:33 am

i loved living in the burgh. manhattan rocks but i look forward to buying a house and spending a few weeks back home.

11. Me
    March 3, 2008 10:06 am

Also a city resident. I don’t have to battle Parkway traffic either. I work downtown and can run home at lunch if I need to. I grew up in the burbs, but love living in the city.

12. Mrs Pitsberger
    March 3, 2008 10:27 am

I grew up in Pennsyltucky, but I LOVE city livin!

13. lolo
    March 3, 2008 10:42 am

Mrs. Pitsberger – my brother in law in Oregon has always referred to our fair region as Pennsyltucky – LOL.

14. Sooska
    March 3, 2008 12:22 pm

Lukey lost the battle even as late as Saturday morning. I had an appointment in Shadyisde at 9 am. The public parking lots were – well, let’s just say the Pens could have played their game there instead of in Ottawa. Ice,inches thick in some spots, covered 100% of the surface, indicating it hadn’t been touched at all on Friday. An unmarked truck finally salted sometime mid-morning. It was treacherous and I felt really bad as I watched some poor girl on crutches try to walk across the frozen tundra to get to one of those stupid pay kiosks (which, by the way, was taking no paper money. Perfectly new crisp bills were crinkle-folded like an accordion inside the slot before being rejected. n-i-i-c-e). Lukey is a Loser.

15. Onestar
    March 3, 2008 12:34 pm

Heh.

When I was ready to leave work Friday afternoon here in Oakland, I saw Forbes was a parking lot…so I just decided to walk over to Craig Street, spend time in Phantom of the Attic, grab a sammich from Subway and hang out until 7:30.

I’ve spent far, far too many years down here. I know better than to try and leave here in weather like this, even though it’s only three miles away. I could walk home quicker.