FINALLY!

I’ve been hunting and hunting and hunting for a video of Seth Myers from Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update waving his Terrible Towel in tribute to Myron Cope (Seth’s father is a Burgher and Seth is a lifelong Steelers fan) and I hit the jackpot after an hour … yes, an HOUR of searching!

Do you realize how much I love you?! The things I do for you? The precious time I waste for you?

When I finally found it and finally got to see for myself his touching tribute, saw the towel unfurl and saw it waved by an obviously experienced Terrible Towel waver who waved it with what can only be called gusto, I thought to myself, “This must be how Matt Lamanna feels every time he discovers a new dinosaur.”

The video is here and you want to jump to the very very last few seconds to catch his tribute.

You’re welcome.

Also, if you found this video yourself and you found it in less than an hour, I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

Let me bask in the glory of my find, ‘kay?

1. Goob
    March 3, 2008 11:04 pm

I had no idea! Woot!

2. O
    March 3, 2008 11:08 pm

Pretty sweet find there. Makes me wish I had been able to make it through SNL.

3. Ashley Ann
    March 3, 2008 11:21 pm

wow, if i would of blinked i would of missed that awesomeness!! so happy you pointed it out!!!

4. chrys
    March 3, 2008 11:24 pm

I saw this!!!! I love Seth.. he’s really funny!!

This is from his wiki entry..

Seth is an avid fan of the Boston Red Sox and Pittsburgh Steelers (his father is from Pittsburgh, PA). At the end of the March 1, 2008 episode of Weekend Update he reached under his desk for a terrible towel to wave in honor of the late Myron Cope.

5. Katie
    March 4, 2008 12:39 am

Yay! Thank you so much! I wanted to see that video so bad. Thanks so much for spending your time to find it :)

6. Allison
    March 4, 2008 8:48 am

You’re the most incredible woman on the face of the earth for finding this video. Thank you!

7. Allison
    March 4, 2008 8:49 am

Wait…I mean, you’re already one of the most incredible women on the face of the earth, but you’re a bit more incredible now. :)

8. Haven Films
    March 4, 2008 9:54 am

1 hour and 17 seconds…you are still the champ…I am humbled to be in your presence! Rock on Girl!

March 4, 2008 9:55 am

the only wish that I had is that seth would have had a chance to say on the air why he was doing it — for myron.

pretty sweet, though.

anyone remember seth’s skit a couple of seasons ago on SNL when he played a guy with a pittsburgh accent trying to pick up paris hilton, telling her about bill cowher and dropping a “yinz” and “jagoff” in there.

10. lolo
    March 4, 2008 10:04 am

unsatisfied – I remember that one! It’s a shame though that anyone outside of the tri-state area probably didn’t know what kind of accent he was putting on.

11. Eileen
    March 4, 2008 10:39 am

Oh,I think people knew.
    Does anyone notice that Michael Keaton calls someone a “Jaggoff” in every movie he’s in. Usually under his breath.
    It’s expecially funny in Night Shift.

12. Pensgirl
    March 4, 2008 10:42 am

I haven’t watched SNL in a long time, but that’s great.

Myron was a big enough deal that I think people can find out pretty easily why Seth was doing that. Fans across the country may not know much about him, but the media does so I’m sure they’re writing and talking about him.

13. Woy
    March 4, 2008 11:00 am

As I said to you already… I thank you, and Mrs. Woy thanks you.

14. sarahlynn
    March 4, 2008 11:14 am

I watched that and felt all tinlgy inside!

seth meyers and andy samberg <3
    they should do a pittsburgh short.

15. Sooska
    March 4, 2008 12:10 pm

When the Pens held the Myron tribute over the weekend that included towel-waving FSN showed some limp-wristed chick having such a “terrible” time trying to twirl (it was more os a real. slow. half. twirl) her towel that she ended up wrapping it around her wrist before she just shook it like a Polaroid picture. lame. joke. She needed lessons from Seth Myers. What a PRO!

16. Emily
    March 4, 2008 12:30 pm

YES! I knew there was a reason I loved that man.
    I had no idea he was a fan.

17. Pingback: Seth Meyers (from SNL) is a Steelers/Myron Cope fan « Scribbled Noise

18. justretiredguy
    March 4, 2008 7:49 pm

Double Yoi!

19. justretiredguy
    March 4, 2008 7:53 pm

Dennis Miller is also responsible for the spread of “jagoff”. I’ve heard it in NYPD Blue and (I think) in The Wire.

I also got a kick watching Joe Flaherty on SCTV. He would use alot of Pittsburgh place names in skits.

20. Lynne
    March 6, 2008 2:51 pm

unsatisfied – I saw that skit and tried to figure out Seth’s connection to Pittsburgh…he did a Bill Cowher imitation in that skit, as I recall.