Fug, Gross, and Rich.

So The Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross, he of the HAWT LESBIAN SUPER BOWL ACTION, he that cannot be marred ever in the eyes of his devoted minions, apparently hit up Vegas last weekend and both MSNBC and the New York Post caught him in action:

Via MSNBC, The Duke was in Vegas:

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was also in Vegas — he hit the Playboy Club blackjack table with friends and bodyguards by his side. A source says he was placing bets of up to $8,000 per hand.

Via the NY Post:

March 3, 2008 — PITTSBURGH Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger sure knows how to live it up. Spies at the Playboy Club in the Palms Casino in Las Vegas spotted the player last week “burning the midnight oil at a blackjack table.” Flanked by friends and bodyguards – not to mention a bevy of ladies – the gridiron hero “dropped $25,000 at the tables” last Sunday, and hit the tables again Wednesday night.  “He was flirting with the Bunnies, smoking cigars and drinking vodka Red Bulls” before heading down to N9NE Steakhouse for dinner.

You go, Benny.  Get on with your fug, gross self!

Also?  Benny could have thrown one of those Bunnies down on the blackjack table, had his way with her, bitch-slapped her, ordered a puppy from the concierge, drop-kicked the puppy, spit at a baby, and flipped off a nun and his minions would STILL be all, “But, PittGirl, he’s playing for JESUS!”

(h/t Chris and Mary)

1. Mary
    March 3, 2008 9:36 am

I can just hear Dan Rooney now … “Damn it Benny, save your money to gamble on the North Side!”

2. Stacey
    March 3, 2008 10:13 am

Yeah, he has the money – signed a $102 million dollar, 6 year contract extension… I think I’d be in vegas celebrating that too!

3. Brian
    March 3, 2008 10:28 am

Maybe some of the morons in this town who call the Steelers cheap will shut the hell up now. Holy crap, they’re always at the cap meaning they’ve spent friggin’ money. And now they gave the franchise QB $102 bejesus million.

4. Dan (Not Onarato)
    March 3, 2008 10:41 am

Actually the Stillers only offered $93 mil but because of the Onarato Tax it ended up being $102 mil…

5. honda driver
    March 3, 2008 11:43 am

what a dumb ass. first thought that came to my mind when i read of benny’s doings.

6. megan
    March 3, 2008 12:20 pm

Lol @ Mary and Dan (not Onarato)! Good for him @ celebrating and thank goodness he didn’t end up arrested or in jail, haha. I know sooooo many guys who are totally jealous of Benny right now.

7. BB
    March 3, 2008 12:33 pm

So, the kid gambled and was having a good time! BFD!

8. Christina
    March 3, 2008 1:04 pm

Until someone is rich, wealthy and talented, let’s not count out the fact that there are going to be times when the rich, wealthy and talented goes on vacations and what, spends their own money, er, even throws it away on gambling? What?! Let’s bow our heads and pray for his salvation, for he is surely going to hell.

Is he supposed to be permanently glued to church pews and donating police dogs and pretending like he isn’t 26 and throwing money at girls to see their boobs and/or make out with each other?

Yes, he may be white trash, fug and gross, but he just got a ton of money. Let him impress girls, gamble, drink and eat steaks like a gross millionaire for a bit. I mean, I would.
    (I mean, minus all the boobs and girls. I’m not into that.)

(I’m not a fervent Ben supporter, either. Just saying. I don’t want to be lumped in with the rest of the so-called minions.)

9. Big Daddy
    March 3, 2008 1:49 pm

If he was betting $8,000 a pop and ended up dropping only $25,000 and he drank for free and hung out with bunnies, I would call that a winning night and thats before the big contract.

Lets also mention that of the whopping $102 mill, only $36 mill (which I understand is a lot) is a lock. If he decides to ride his bike again and for some reason he would get hurt or if he decides to go Pacman at the club or have cock fighting at his house, the Steelers would be off the hook for the rest of the money. After the intial 25 mill, he is getting roughly 9 mill a year which in 3 or 4 years may seem like a bargin (as far as the sports world goes)

10. Pensgirl
    March 3, 2008 3:12 pm

Why did MSNBC and the NYP find that newsworthy? Sounds like he basically did what any guy in his 20s would do with his weekend if he had the chance.

11. Patrick
    March 3, 2008 4:11 pm

Dropping $25K in a day is nothing when you’ve just signed a 100+ million dollar contact. I’d have probably lost a lot more :)

12. Ashley Ann
    March 3, 2008 6:29 pm

gosh can’t a guy have some funnnn for his birthday without all these media spy’s around him lol!!!

13. W
    March 3, 2008 7:14 pm

That is the worst picture of Ben ever “I won’t shave till I get my millions”

14. BB
    March 3, 2008 7:45 pm

Ashley Ann and CHristina,

Agreed. Until these people with their holier than thou attitudes get it through their skulls that Ben is a young man who is allowed to let his hair down and sow his wild oats, they will still try to label him as some kind of hypocrite or something. He is allowed to have a little fun every now and then. Trust me, it is ok.

As the old bumper sticker says, “Christians are not perfect. They are just forgiven.”

Nothing wrong with him having some fun. I honestly do not see why it is so newsworthy either.

15. Ashley Ann
    March 3, 2008 9:39 pm

don’t get me wrong i loveeee hearing about it, i just don’t think he should ALWAYS be looked at as negative, so he went to vegas and spent some money to celebrate his birthday, if everybody could afford to do so they prob would have been in the seat next to ben on his plane to vegas!!!!

16. JoeBu
    March 4, 2008 8:28 am

First – we’re not talking about Art Schlister (Spelling?) here. Second why is the picture posted with this article so old.

In perspective – 25K of 102 mil equals losing $25 out of $100,000 — That’s $25 or much less to most of us normal working people!

Third – Losing $25K allegedly, is far from being financially irresponsible (for him) compared to what others in sports have done – including those who are not making money any more — See Charles Barkley, or how about Gretzky’s wife.

Until I see a legit story questioning character (And Big Ben has a ton of good character) I’m not worried

PS: So much for what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

17. Dave N
    March 4, 2008 9:15 pm

So “Big Ben” (Worthlessberger) signed for $102million!? Well that doesn’t surprise me with the goings on in this pathetic city we call “the Burgh!”

Let’s put this into perspective…
    The guy has thrown 84 career TD’s… and 54 INT’s. In other words, out of his 1436 career tosses, 4% of them have been intercepted. To further elaborate on this — picture yourself, much like our hero, in Vegas. Now, everyone is entitled to letting their “their hair down” as someone said, but here is where it gets even “harrier!”

Ben’s TD’s are 5.8% of his tosses, and his Interceptions are 3.7%…

You throw $100 down on the (choose your game) table. For every 5.80 you get back, you lose 3.70. So for each $100 you lay down, you have a net profit of $2.10. For every dollar you put on the table, you are gaining 2.1 cents. Still with me?

For $102,000,000.00 (Yes, that is what his salary looks like in this contract barring injury — which is a-whole-nother rant!!!), he will throw 5,916,000$ in TD’s. However, he will also throw 3,774,000$ in interceptions. Your net gain here? $2,142,000.

What does all of this mean? Very simply — if you took a test, and blew 54 questions on an 84 question test, you’d score a 63.8% — that’s a “D”.

How is this obviously color-blind SOB worth $102 million??? For once, Pittsburgh, think with “yinz” minds, and not with “yinz” hearts — this is what your tax dollars are going to! Good work, Pittsburgh, another financially sound decision!!!

18. Trish
    March 4, 2008 9:15 pm

And just where was Missy Peregrym during all this? Enquiring minions want to know (or to just keep the thread going).

19. Ashley Ann
    March 4, 2008 11:49 pm

missy seems to have dissapeared, haven’t heard much about her lately!!!

20. FearTheWannstache
    March 5, 2008 11:31 pm

$102 million for a quarterback that’s another hard hit or two away from a career-ending concussion. $102 million for a quarterback that was 9 for 21 with two interceptions and ZERO touchdowns in the Super Bowl. But Yinzers have anointed him a savior so it’s money well spent.

21. Steelman
    March 5, 2008 11:41 pm

Ben is becoming a jerk if he already hasn’t arrived. He’s going to get his “clock cleaned” and I’m afraid someone is going to “fix his wagon”! Of course, if he wins another Super Bowl, he will be my favorite jerk.

Do you think Tom Brady is drooling and breathing heavily since Ben signed this lucrative contract?

Ben, stay away from the blackjack table and give some of that money back and maybe the Steelers can afford some top-notch linemen to protect your butt.

22. BB
    April 1, 2008 1:40 pm

Well, some silly gal wrote in the Tribune a stupid letter to the editor questioning the trip to Vegas wondering why he did not stay home as if it is her business. One other gal from the McDonald House charities had to write in and talk about how Ben has contributed 25000 to the McDonald House and he has donated dinners for Xmas and New Years to the kids at the McDonalds House. Shame someone has to defend him. It is also a shame that people feel they have to know Bens business.

As for the 102 million, the Brady fan in me resents Ben is getting much more than Tom is, and Tom is far and away the better QB. Bens injury history also gives me pause as someone here pointed out. I am not sure that I would throw 102 million dollars at a player with Bens injury history, and the fact that Ben is so fragile. A pass rusher barely touches him, and you can see Ben grabbing his arm or getting up wincing. He didnt and I know it is just the Pro Bowl, but he played very very little in the danged Pro Bowl because he came down with a sore groin. That is what I mean. Always some sort of injury with him.

I am concerned he will be benched with a minor injury that he would otherwise have played with because he is worth all that money. JMO

23. Pingback: The Burgh Blog » Pants. Aflame.