1. David Cook and Jason Castro rocked my world last night on American Idol, so much that these two performers who were previously so annoying to me that they sat lower on my list than gum on the bottom of my shoe, have now risen to the very top of my list, drop-kicking David Archuleta’s adorable vanilla ass along the way. Brooke White still hovers very close to the top as well. I kinda liked Chekezie until he sang Whitney Houston. And now I can’t even tolerate him a little bit.
Also, I have truly been enjoying these two displaced Burghers’ take on the show.
Best comment this week was made re: Danny Noriega who was originally my favorite and is now sitting lower on my list than pigeon poop in my hair.
I really can’t handle someone who speaks in texting language.
OMG. LOL. Word.
2. You know that part in the wedding ceremony when the bride first enters the church on her father’s arm? Where she stands in the doorway and her wet eyes find her fiance standing at the altar. The part where she smiles and sighs and dreams of the happily ever after filled with rainbows and love and orgasms? Imagine this poor bride’s surprise when she finds her fiance at the altar with three little people who she’s never seen before in her life.
Also, if any fiance of mine pulled a stunt like this, after mentally scolding myself for being such a poor judge of character, I would march to the altar, kick the loser in the donkey omelets, flip his family off, grab the first semi-hot non-relative in the pews, kiss him hard, throw him back down to the pew, and head for Mexico. Let’s hope his fiance has as much sense.
(h/t The Mysterious M)
3. Reader Miss Lee sent me this link:
PITTSBURGH — The Port Authority of Allegheny County has up to $1.5 million in coins and bills sitting in more than two dozen barrels instead of in a bank earning interest because it doesn’t have enough people to count it.
And she astutely questioned, if the Port Authority has millions of dollars sitting around uncounted, why the holy frickin’ heck do we need the pour tax!?!
Count your stupid money, Port Authority. Gawd.
4. Reader Lauren pointed out this hilarious and quite atrocious tattoo she found on the Asylum site that is also hosting the hot newscaster contest.
5. Trying to use my site for good sometimes and not always Benny-NASCAR-pigeon-hating evil has me posting this from reader Barb:
My friend and her two children, one a toddler and the other just 2 months old, were the victims of a hit and run car accident on 2/27 at the corner of Broughton Road and Brownsville Road in the South Park area of Pittsburgh. She was basically T-boned by a tannish brown van, possibly a Ford Econoline or similar conversion van, older model. They rammed into her, shattering the driver’s windshield, then looked right at her and drove off! Her children seem to be ok so far, thank God, and she had only some rib bruising and some neck pain. She wrote down the license number as SVT 6930 but the South Park police said it was not a valid number. So she is hoping someone out there will see the van and the correct plate number. She believes it’s very close to the one she reported, though.
The people driving the van were 2 men, in their late 30s. If you see the van, please write down the correct license number and contact my friend at http://www.myspace.com/yup_it_is_maria or call the South Park Police at 412-833-1000.
So there you have it. Keep your eyes open.
6. Max Talbot and Marc-Andre Fleury were on fire last night. Leave it to Max Talbot to get an assist without even having a stick in his hands.
7. The Buccos of Suckitude currently hold the worst record in all of baseball for this exhibition season. .167 percent. They suck. Our hitting sucks. Our pitchers suck. The only one who doesn’t suck is Jason Bay and that’s because he BLOWS. I may be exaggerating a bit, but there is no way we’re going to even approach a winning season with this much suck going on. And don’t tell me, “But PittGirl, it’s just exhibition baseball!” because this exact same thing happened last season and look where the Buccos ended up. So far away from the .500 line they couldn’t have hit it with a long-range laser-guided missile.
My high hopes for this season have just about shriveled up and died.