Random n@.

1.  Lukey said:

“Either an endorsement for Sen. Clinton or Sen. Obama would clearly alienate the other side.  When you pick a side, it’s inevitable that one side is going to be upset.”

Brilliantly put!  And very clearly we can see that Lukey has been studiously reading his “Politics for Dummies.”

Also:

“Certainly, the governor and his vocal support of Hillary Clinton is something that will be taken into account, but it won’t make my decision for me,” said Ravenstahl.

Twenty bucks says he picks Hillary.  Wanna bet?  Because if there is one thing Lukey is, it is a dependable little puppetboy.

2.   The Trib has joined in on the military-themed writing of the War on Snow and the current battle with the Potholes.

• City road crews are losing the battle against potholes, and they might not catch up until June, officials said Wednesday.
  • During a respite from precipitation yesterday morning, workers attacked hundreds of potholes.

TEAM SNOW!

3.  A Matt Lamanna post is coming up later today.  I tell you because I’m just so excited about it I can’t stand it.  Matt Lamanna excites me.

4.  A Furry post is coming up later today.  I tell you because I’m just so excited about it.  Furries scare the shit out of me.

5.  Reader Paula wrote regarding Patrick Swayze’s recent diagnosis with cancer of the pancreas, the same disease that Professor Pausch is battling:

Can you hook up Pausch (sp) with Swayze (sp)?  You turned me on to the professor who I pray for everyday.   can you get them together to try? Just a thought…I hate pigeons too! Thanks, Silent Reader Paula

Oh, Paula.  You’re so sweet.  Were that I had that much power.  I’ve no power or connections to either of those men, other than feeling incredibly sad to see them both struck down so early by a disease so deadly.

Also, Patrick Swayze was totally my imaginary boyfriend in high school.  Nobody puts PittGirl in a corner.

6.   Fun, hot, funny Burghy blogger Julie Gong is “sadcakes.”  Would one of you wonderful, chivalrous gentlemen with  a set of morals, wheels, and rock hard abs please cheer her up from whatever saddens her?  I miss fun Julie Gong.

7.  The Buccos of Suckitude continue their futile efforts in Florida.  Here’s a look at some of the talent.

Skinny little legs.  Poor form.  JAZZ HANDS!?  We’re screwed.

1. Mary
    March 6, 2008 12:22 pm

Jazz hands … brilliant.

I think I hear the fat lady warming up for this season already.

2. lolo
    March 6, 2008 12:22 pm

Jazz hands – HA!!! Did he end that slide with a “hachachachachaaaaaa!”?

3. Pingback: Random n@.

4. megan
    March 6, 2008 12:43 pm

Lol @ skinny little legs – PittGirl has hockey legs on the brain :D

March 6, 2008 1:03 pm

#7:

“oh, we’re the boys of the chorus /
    we hope you like our show /
    we know you’re rooting for us /
    but, now it’s time to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

I know, I’m stealing that from an blog post response from a few days ago — but, screw it.

6. chrys
    March 6, 2008 1:03 pm

Good Lord.. Luke is an idiot. I used to think having a young mayor might be a good thing, dare I say a great thing! Maybe bring some life to this town, new businesses, new residents. The boy needs to be a man and stand on his own 2 feet and help this city.. not hinder it by being a puppet to the “old school-good-old boy” ways.

And honestly.. the war on snow?? LOL!!

7. Chris
    March 6, 2008 1:32 pm

PittGirl – Dr. Pausch has updated his page again. Seems he is having some kidney problems. Poor man…

8. TC
    March 6, 2008 1:51 pm

Sens. Obama & Clinton:

Save your policy discussions. Lukey will endorse the candidate who gives him the coolest perk. He is easily impressed with people he has seen on TV. If you don’t have any celebrities, a ride on some oversized plane or truck will also do in pinch.

9. JP
    March 6, 2008 1:55 pm

@TC: don’t forget to throw in a couple chockies, golf shirts seem to picque his interest as well

10. JP
    March 6, 2008 1:57 pm

Or you could throw in a couple of tickets to the PSO, as he wants “to go back real soon”

11. Pensgirl
    March 6, 2008 2:47 pm

In Lukey’s case, the side that should be upset is the one he endorses…

Also, I thought I heard that Swayze said that was B.S. Has there been an update?

12. Erik
    March 6, 2008 2:53 pm

Everybody, please! Spay or neuter your furry.

13. NY Luvs Pitts
    March 6, 2008 2:57 pm

#7. Ha! I know I can always count on you PG for a good laugh.

14. PittinDC
    March 6, 2008 3:03 pm

Ugh.. the Buccos have someone from Lebo on the team? That’s unfortunate.

So sad to hear that Prof. Pausch is having kidney problems:(

15. Michael
    March 6, 2008 3:46 pm

Malcom in the Middle grew up . . .and is playing for the Bucos?

16. Lily
    March 6, 2008 4:08 pm

Michael – that is so Malcolm!

17. Bram R
    March 6, 2008 4:57 pm

I think he’s going to back the one that looks like he or she is clearly going to win. Which is fine. It’s especially cool that that’s probably going to be Barack, so you know, double cool.

18. NoSide15212
    March 6, 2008 4:57 pm

Lighten up on Lukey, PittGirl. He carries a heavy burden these days –we are a city at war –a war, may I remind you, that was not authorized by City Council Resolution and is not supported by our allies in Westmoreland, Butler, or Washington Counties; economic hard times have befallen our fair metropolis; and, an anxious nation waits for America’s Mayor to pick a President.

You ever get the feeling that Lukey accidentally locks himself out of his office a lot? Or that he walks down to Council Chambers to deliver the State of the City Address with toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe? I don’t know…he just seems like that guy.

19. mudbugs
    March 6, 2008 5:08 pm

OMG — spot on with the Malcolm reference. Cracking up here.

20. Magnus Patris
    March 6, 2008 7:30 pm

Mt. Lebanon High School presents Josh Wilson in “The Pirates of Bradenton”. Hear Josh sing, “I am the very model of a modern Major-Leaguer,
    I’ve information the Pirates season’s looking even bleaker,
    I know the mayor of Piksburgh, and I quote the fights historical
    From Tampa Bay to Chicago, in order base-a-ball-ical;
    I’m very well acquainted, too, with minor league affiliates,
    I understand equations, I’l probably be lucky to be with the Lynchburg Hilli-cats,
    About pinch-hitting theorem I’m teeming with a lot o’ news –
    With many cheerful facts but the Buccos are still a-gonna loose.”

March 6, 2008 7:46 pm

In war we’re tough and able
    Quite in-de-fat-i-gable
    Between our quests
    We sequin vests
    And impersonate Clark Gable
    It’s a busy life in Bradenton …

22. pittgirl
    March 6, 2008 7:53 pm

OMG. You guys are geniuses. Love it!

23. jason
    March 6, 2008 8:50 pm

the classic comedy saga known as the “Pirates” is running again this season? already chuckles abound!

24. Goob
    March 6, 2008 9:04 pm

One of the things I wish they’d bring back (did they bring it back?) was the Turn Back The Clock Inning. I wouldn’t mind if they played the whole game that way.

On the other hand, the team could go on and run the whole game with theme innings. It might even be effective for reducing the opponent to uselessness through confusion. Or hysterics. Lo:

First: Fosse – Because jazz hands and bowlers are important
    Second: Jackson – It might be a signal, it might be choreography
    Third: Cleese – Ministry of Silly Baserunning
    Fourth: Turn Back The Clock Inning
    Fifth: Gilbert And Sullivan – In a word, prancing
    Sixth: Martha Graham – …yeah
    Seventh: Public Official Drinking Game Inning
    Eighth: Emo
    Ninth: Off-road Unicycles

…with all extra innings being Disco-themed.

March 6, 2008 9:18 pm

magnus and bucdaddy — holy crap!

goob — that all sounds good — but, where would you fit in the pierogie race? maybe before the home half of the 5th, so they could prance into PNC. hmmmm….

March 6, 2008 9:33 pm

Funnest. Thread. Ever.

27. Magnus Patris
    March 6, 2008 11:20 pm

We can only hope the P-G’s photographers provide us more comic fodder for the upcoming season. Let’s Go Bucs!

28. Steve S
    March 7, 2008 8:57 am

Absolutely awesome! Ministry..LOL…Drinking Game…ROFL..tears in my eyes I am busting up….

March 7, 2008 10:23 am

magnus — no DOUBT that there will be plenty of comedic moments during the succos’ ’08 campaign. the PG’s photogs and writers (dejan rules!) will be plenty busy….

30. a visual tinkle
    March 7, 2008 11:18 am

To see an update on the war on potholes you should really check out http://www.pittsburghdish.com. Their coverage is hysterical!!!

31. justretiredguy
    March 7, 2008 4:02 pm

There is no way Lukey or OnaRATo will endorse Obama. To do so would incur the wrath of Rendell.

32. justretiredguy
    March 7, 2008 4:25 pm

Mt. Lebo? A cake eater? Is tailgating to be replaced by ladies who do lunch? The 7th inning stretch replaced with 7th inning pilates?

33. Pingback: Random at A Fabulous Mess