1. Good snowy cold morning, Burghers! I’m THIS close … THIS … CLOSE to complaining about the cold and the snow and WHEN IS SPRING COMING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD?! But I’m not quite there yet. This is a new record for me. March 10 and I still don’t hate winter.
2. The Pittsburgh Dish has embedded a reporter with one of the front-line detachments flighting out of the Mexican War Streets in the Battle of Potholes in the War on Snow and it is quite the awesome. A snippet:
As the Vernal Equinox approaches, the Potholes have steadily increased their territorial holdings. Reports indicate that the Potholes have infiltrated the streets of all 90 Pittsburgh neighborhoods and have conducted a reign of terror that has claimed automobile tires, shock absorbers, struts, and the tender ankles of pedestrians.
Read the whole report here. It’s chilling. And by chilling I mean hella funny.
3. Speaking of the War on Snow, the score has now changed:
A Penn Hills public works employee suffered minor burns last night when the salt truck he was operating caught fire, emergency dispatchers said.
The 47-year-old employee had been salting roads when the truck caught fire in the 100 block of Old Frankstown Road in front of the bus garage, dispatchers said.
Damn! Snow must have the Potholes shooting out live grenades now. Excellent Trojan Horse tactic — disguising grenades with Potholes!
For those keeping track, the score is now Snow, 2 : Lukey, 1
4. Have a look at the new Iron City and IC Light bottles/graphics.
I don’t hate them, but that IC Light can kinda looks like a beer that really wanted to be an energy drink when it grew up. See:
5. BK, AKA Byung-Hyun Kim, AKA Byung-YUM! Kim is reportedly seeing his first pitching action with the Buccos of Suckitude today when they take on the Phillies down there in Florida … where it is not currently cold and snowing. Not that I’m complaining.
Here’s hoping some nice hi-res pictures land in my mailbox by the end of the day.
6. Evgeni Malkin is only three points behind Ovechkin for the NHL scoring title.
When Ovechkin’s name was mentioned after the Penguins’ practice yesterday, Malkin broke into a wide grin. He slammed his fist into the palm of his other hand. “Ovechkin!” he said, then laughed.
I wonder, was his laugh a ha-ha laugh or a MWAH-HAHAHAH! laugh? I really hope it is the latter of the two.