Oh, brother.

I got a lump in my throat when I saw this picture:

That little boy LOVES his big brother.

If that picture doesn’t also give you a lump in your throat, would you please email me and let me know exactly when it was you died inside? So I can send my condolences on your loss.

Also, Jake Kemerer seems to be all sorts of kickass:

After the match, Kemerer ran into the stands to hug his biggest fan, his 9-year-old brother Luke. And Luke was by Jake’s side at the postmatch news conference.

“You did great,” replied the shy little brother, when a reporter asked his feelings.

Jake Kemerer would like to see Luke follow in his footsteps.

“I wouldn’t be surprised to see Luke wrestling up here some day in the future,” Kemerer said. “And I’ll be here to cheer him on.”

Awwwwwww!

If you did for some reason die inside at some point in your life, here’s two more pictures (shamelessly lifted, but please, Trib, can I keep them up just for a little while? I’m resuscitating souls here!) to rekindle a little bit of life in your dead soul:

Jake and his little brother Luke are the first ever Awesome Burghers. That’s right. We’ve got Annoying Burghers and we’ve got Weird Burghers and we’ve got SMOKIN’ HOT Burghers.

Now we have Awesome Burghers, too.

Your crowns are in the mail, and by crowns I mean such a giant pat on the back it will knock you out of your shoes, yo.

PittGirl loves you.

1. Great Scot
    March 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Hey Pitt Girl! Thanks for putting up those pics! Jake’s father is from my home town and it was cool of you to post those!

2. Gunn Lino
    March 13, 2008 10:49 pm

Sometimes ” inspiring ” needs no explanation, just a photo or two.

3. dwight
    March 14, 2008 7:22 am

I’ll expect your condolence card, PG.

4. emstef23
    March 14, 2008 8:48 am

Cutest pictures ever….

5. elton john
    March 14, 2008 9:27 am

uhhhh, those pics look pretty homo-erotic if you ask me. what’s so great about a high school kid hugging his 9 year old brother? it looks as awkward as when mark mcguire hit his 62nd home run, picked up his 34 year old son while crossing home plate and squeezed him.

6. TheTruth
    March 14, 2008 9:43 am

Elton has a point.

7. pittgirl
    March 14, 2008 9:51 am

I don’t think I’ve ever been so bothered by comments to my blog as I am by Elton and The Truth’s.

Way to turn something pure, innocent, and absolutely adorable as one brother’s love for another into something as disgusting as incest.

I’m out of here for the day because I refuse to deal with this right now.

Here’s hoping this poor kid’s family doesn’t visit this page.

Peace and see you all on Monday.

8. Gunn Lino
    March 14, 2008 10:03 am

The haters, always the haters.

9. elton john
    March 14, 2008 10:05 am

okay, pittgirl, perhaps i was being a bit too facetious in my reply. i like the picture, i think it’s nice, it’s just not enough to put a lump in my throat, that’s all.

10. Aeran
    March 14, 2008 10:16 am

why can’t the trolls stick to the political blogs, where people actually want to fight with them?

11. Sue
    March 14, 2008 10:48 am

I loved those pictures. High School wrestlers are all heart. The expression on the little brother as well as the sister show nothing but pure love and excitement. Why do some people’s minds always have to be in the gutter?

March 14, 2008 12:03 pm

great pix, pittgirl.

elton and the truth = douchebags.

13. BBM
    March 14, 2008 12:10 pm

Elton and Truth–There’s nothing funny about your comments. I hereby nominate you for a special new category of Burghers–the Dumbasses.

14. mick
    March 14, 2008 12:27 pm

please– pittgirl is moved by these photos because she loves that dude. if he were obese, had glasses, and ran to hug his little brother after winning the spelling bee, thered be no lump in her throat. she wouldnt give a flying fuck, actually. (and no, im neither obese nor wear glasses).

15. BagitTagit
    March 14, 2008 12:47 pm

I hate piling on and I’m not blindly supporting PittGirl here, but I have to pile on here and support PittGirl.

I didn’t get a lump in my throat (most likely because I’m a Disenfranchised, pessimistic, selfish jerk).

But I also didn’t get a homophobic impulse either.

This, again, is why I couldn’t run a blog. Because a blog for the most part, unfortunately, reflects our society. And while most of the comments on a good blog, like most of contributions to society, are insightful, funny, thought provoking, etc. The idiocy of society chimes in and never fails to disappoint ya.

16. back in the burgh
    March 14, 2008 1:52 pm

Good pictures, good post … thanks for sharing the positive things happening around here. Wrestlers work incredibly hard and I’m sure his brother knows it and was totally thrilled with the victory … as any of us would be if we cared for/supported/cheered on our family members. Good for the Kemerer family and congratulations to Jake!

17. justretiredguy
    March 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Nice story and pictures. No lump. Maybe because my older brother, who went to Clarion on a wrestling scholarship, used to beat the shit out of me when I was little.

Plus, I grew up in a german family.

18. joey
    March 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Wow. I guess we readers can only snark on pictures when pittgirl deems them to be snark worthy? C’mon now…

A kid hugging his brother doesn’t give me a lump in my throat or bring a tear to my eye….but whatever….

19. Steve S.
    March 14, 2008 4:01 pm

I would not be too worried about the family visiting your site and getting worked up. Wrestlers deal with homophobia and such comments regularly, and this is especially true in high school where the male mind is perpetually in the gutter.

His family has certainly developed a thick skin for such things. Given their unconstrained celebration, I would surmise that it has not effected them much.

Congratulations to Jake and his family on a very hard earned championship, and for showing us what, true, familial love is.

20. Puma
    March 14, 2008 4:21 pm

“What’s so great about a high school kid hugging his 9 year old brother?”

The kid just won the state championship. They’re family… they hugged. I’m not seeing the problem here. Actually, I’m going to guess it probably made the paper because you don’t see much of that anymore.

If you simply think a guy in a wrestling uniform is homo-erotic… then Elton John, I think you’re probably gay.

21. RavishingRick
    March 14, 2008 11:20 pm

#5-#6
    PittGirl posted an article that she wanted to share with
    everybody,a nice article about family,you 2 pieces of parasitic scum chose to make insults that were totally uncalled for!!!!!! maybe the both of you are gay or pedafiles.
    Maybe somebody needs to beat the FUCK outa both of YOU!!!

22. Still A. Fan
    March 15, 2008 8:01 am

for some of you guys (mick) to use the language you did AFTER PittGirl mentioned her concern about the family reading the post is pretty obnoxious. yeah, there’s some language on her site in general….but if the family found the post during a search – they werent going to read her mining craigslist posts…they were just going to read this article and the comments. pretty lame actually and i dont care whats said in retaliation. grow up, man, for real.

23. Jonathan Potts
    March 15, 2008 12:20 pm

I can’t help but be reminded of “The Breakfast Club.”

“You wear tights?”
    “I wear the proper uniform.”
    “Tights.”

24. Bram R
    March 15, 2008 4:09 pm

“Here’s hoping this poor kid’s family doesn’t visit this page.”

Aw, c’mon … I’m sure the kid’s family is familiar with the concept of smart-asses … nothing to ruin anybody’s day over.

I personally did not get any particlar kick out of the pictures, but I always get a kick out of reading PittGirl or any other talented writer getting a huge kick out of anything they find kickworhty — call it a “contact high.” PittGirl or julie_gong or Chad Hermann could get sentimental over a grilled cheese sandwich and I’d enjoy reading about it.

Meanwhile, if the kid & his family are reading — lovely if the boy gets into wrestling, but if he doesn’t excel, or if he decides he finds skiing or knitting even more rewarding, well, don’t pressure him to live up to his bicepsturonimous older brother!

25. nascarlady
    April 5, 2008 6:01 pm

nice story! there are decent people left…!

26. Pingback: Barack obama.