Random n@.

1.  So, what part of Don’t Block the Grid is so confusing to Mercedes drivers of the Burgh?

Let me explain it to you if you’re confused.  No, there is too much.  Let me sum up.*

Don’t. Block. The. Grid. With. Your. Stupid. Impatient. Car. Gawd.

2.   The Baseball Toaster dudes did a rundown of this year’s Buccos of Suckitude and it is awesome.  My favorite parts:

There are teams with smaller payrolls than the Pirates, but all of them can point to something they’re doing better than Pittsburgh along the player-development cycle. My question to you is… are the Pirates even trying to win?

RESEARCH DEPARTMENT: Either they aren’t trying or they have the order of operations wrong. They seem to think that first they’ll win, then they’ll come up with a plan, and then they’ll spend some money. That’s all backwards.

RD: Even in the rotation, no one should be a stone-cold lock. You’d think that a team that has been losing for as long as they have would realize that it’s going to take more than one or two moves to turn things around. I don’t have this year’s edition, but looking at last year’s Baseball America Prospect Handbook, the Pirates were ranked 19th in ’07, and were below-average every year except for one going back, and never in the top 10. They have to start at the bottom and work up.

But let’s wrap it up. As far as the product on the field goes, at the very least I think that they’re better than Houston. The Pirates’ bullpen, like their rotation, is better than most people think. But their offense is simply horrible. Before I looked up the over/under I was going to say 71 wins for them, and the over/under is… boom! 70.5. What say you?

RD: I think I’ll take the under, but not by much. I’ll go with 68, the same number as last year.

WH: Do you think they’re a 68-win team as presently constructed, or do you think that they’ll unload a bunch of guys at the deadline and get worse?

RD: I’m not sure if it’s even possible for them to unload a bunch of guys and get worse. The difference between the current version and the fire-sale version is only a couple of wins. But I’ll go with 68 either way.

WH: I hear you. Their offense is replacement-level as it is, and they’re not going to deal any of the young arms.

3.   It is really fun to read Washington Capitals’ fans putting their heads together to try to find a way to keep the Pens fans out of Verizon Arena in the numbers that they currently show up.

(h/t to some awesome person that sent me this link and then I can’t find their email because I GET LOTS OF EMAIL!)

4.   Pens rule!  Pens rule!  Pens rule!

5.  Do you hear that?

That is the sound of absolutely no one falling over in shock.

6.  The City of Pittsburgh is now home to two, yes TWO teams of women that can kick your ass soundly if they wanted to.

7.   *Other best lines from The Princess Bride:

• “It’s possible, pig.”
  • “You miserable, vomitous mass.”
  •  “Oh, you mean THIS gate key.”

1. Mrs Pitsberger
    March 13, 2008 11:26 am

“Fezick, are there rocks ahead?”
    “If there are, we’ll all be dead.”

“My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”

I could go on and on. But I won’t. You’re welcome.

2. Windy City Steel City
    March 13, 2008 11:31 am

#3> Will be attending the Crapitals vs Blackhawks game next weds. I will be sporting my Penguins gear and be loudly cheering against the Crapitals. To quote our guy Malkin, “Ovechkin. Dead!”

“I have developed a tolerance for Iocane powder” and potholes.

3. Erin
    March 13, 2008 11:43 am

Re: McKeesport – the Penn State campus there recently changed their name to “Penn State Greater Allegheny”. Shhhh…don’t tell anyone they’re actually going to school in MCKEESPORT!

4. deebee
    March 13, 2008 11:44 am

“Is this a kissing book?”
    “Have fun storming the castle!”

March 13, 2008 11:58 am

#3 — pittgirl, can I please take credit for being that “some awesome person” who sent you the link to ted’s blog? :-) cuz, it was me!

as I noted to you in my email, ted (the crapital’s owner) has tried for years to keep pens fans out of the stands in DC — even trying to keep people with 412 and 724 area codes from buying tix over the phone.

I have attended a couple of pens/crapitals games in the past 10 years — one at the old capital centre and one at the verizon center. at each of them, there were so many pens fans, I swore that I was actually at the civic arena. (sorry, it’ll never be the mellon arena for me.)

(by the way — for the record, ted can kiss my posterior — especially for the fact that I wrote something in response on his blog and he apparently refused to post it. what a beeyotch.)

6. Mme. G
    March 13, 2008 12:27 pm

“INCONCEIVABLE!!!”

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

7. Lily
    March 13, 2008 12:30 pm

“No more rhyming now, I mean it. Anybody want a peanut?”

“Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don’t think they exist.”

“To the pain”

“Inconceivable!”

8. KGC
    March 13, 2008 12:57 pm

“Aaaaaass. Youuuuuu. Wiiiiiish.”

“Princess Bride” — One of the best movies. Ever.

9. Sarah
    March 13, 2008 1:09 pm

If you have nothing better to do Easter Sunday…

10. Displaced Burgher
    March 13, 2008 1:20 pm

Re: #3 – as a Pens fan in attendance at each of the Pens/Caps games for the last 3 years, it’s impossible to keep us away. Caps fans have a serious complex when it comes to the Pens. Guess it comes with us crushing their seasons for years. :)

11. Robin
    March 13, 2008 1:46 pm

Sarah THANK YOU for posting that……my favorite movie EVER. My cat’s name is Princess Buttercup…..but she has the personality of Selma from Night Court.

12. AModelCitizen
    March 13, 2008 2:14 pm

3. Don’t these people realize ‘burgers are everywhere, and we WILL support our teams? Is this new or do they think it just happens with the Steelers? I’ve seen the Pens multiple times in Columbus (when I lived in Cincinnati) and Tampa, and every time at least 25% of the crowd is Pens fans…
    7. “Get back, witch!” “I’m not a witch, I’m your wife” (Best part of a great movie)

13. Sarah
    March 13, 2008 2:49 pm

Robin, you are welcome! I will be out of town, and unable to see it on the big screen.

14. Chris
    March 13, 2008 2:50 pm

Who are you?

No one of consequence.

Please I must know.

Get used to disappointment.

15. KGC
    March 13, 2008 4:07 pm

Found this… “Memorable Quotes from Princess Bride”

16. Still A. Fan
    March 13, 2008 5:41 pm

lily stole mine.

“would anybody like a peanut?”

i think i saw the movie 10 times before i heard that one as the boat sets sail.

17. Steeler_tom
    March 13, 2008 6:40 pm

1st the Pittsburgh Passion
    Now the Pittsburgh Force?
    Awesome!

The only thing is I’d like to see marketing to the fans……

I’d go for a couple Jerseys & hats at least

See? I’d support them even though I’m stuck in the miserable Mojave Desert! (sigh)

18. Pingback: Gay animal sex.