Random n@.

1. It wasn’t even that cold, but Winter finally got to me this morning.

The wind was a little too biting. The cold reached a little too far beneath my skin. My coat seems to have quit working. Even the pigeons are sick of winter. Just this morning I saw a pigeon sitting on a curb on Fifth, with its wings wrapped like a blanket around his cold, shivering body, all, “Damn it. I am frickin’ sick of this. I’m frickin’ sick of the cold. I’m frickin’ sick of eating frozen french fries. I’m frickin’ sick of being kicked by PittGirl’s minions. I frickin’ hate people. And I frickin’ hope PittGirl —.”

That was when I kicked him. I was pretty sure he was going to offend my kind and gentle nature.

2. Nothing to do with Pittsburgh, butt:

— Authorities said a man charged with exposure of sexual organs was showing a lot more than that on a stretch of U.S. 1 Thursday morning.

Callers told 911 dispatchers that David John Campbell, 41, of Fort Pierce was walking completely naked on northbound U.S. 1 near Kitterman Road.

Campbell said he was under instructions from Jesus to take the nude stroll.

Yeah, blame Jesus.

Also, what do they mean by “showing a lot more than that?” Really, what more can a man show than his “searing magnificence?”

Isn’t that like the be all and end all of indecent exposure?

(h/t Still A. Fan)

3. Pitt, after that awesome win over Georgetown on Saturday earning them the Big East crown, will take on Oral Roberts University in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Click here to watch the peace-loving Oral Roberts mascot Eli the Eagle take on a rival mascot Jawz the Jaguar in the most hilarious fight I have ever seen in my life and that includes the time my two four-year-old nephews decided that a fist fight over Lightning McQueen was worth a lifetime of time-outs.

Pshh. I got $20 that says the Pitt Panther beats the snot out of Eli the Eagle, ASPCA be damned.

Also, you just know the Furries are spontaneously orgasming over that video. I mean, that’s like their dream come true.

(PittCheMBA)

4. Speaking of basketball, PittGirl will be taking part once again in the Sportsocracy.org Pittsburgh Bloggers March Madness contest. Here’s hoping that I do better this year than last, when, as you may recall, my brackets imploded upon themselves after the second round. You may also recall how much I love to throw around the word bracket.

5. Speaking of brackets, but not really, here’s an adorable poem KDKA’s Dave Crawley wrote when he was 13-years-old about the Buccos of Suckitude back in 1960, you know, when they didn’t have PhDs in Suck.

6. Speaking of the Buccos of Suckitude, they beat Boston on a Freddy Sanchez double. See, that’s what Chad Hermann calls the occasional, fleeting whiff of mediocrity.

7. You know what’s romantic? Weddings. Weddings with dancing and cake and alcohol and if you’re really drunk The Bunny Hop. Weddings on the beach. Weddings on Mt. Washington.

Know what’s NOT romantic to PittGirl? Wedding photos that intentionally include what appears to be a flock of pigeons.

(h/t Anne Marie)

8. Have you voted yet for Pittsburgh’s own Something to be Desired for a Yahoo Video Award? You haven’t? You suck.

They’re currently getting their asses kicked by something called The Guild. I haven’t ever seen The Guild, but as a Burgher supporting some talented Burghers, I can tell you without a doubt that The Guild is a sack of cow dung.

;)

(h/t Puma)

9. Pens rule! Pens rule!

1. Erin
    March 17, 2008 10:34 am

Ew. I’m generally neutral towards pigeons, but their feet are giving me the heebie jeebies from that picture.

2. Brian
    March 17, 2008 11:16 am

7. Is it wrong for me the blindly hate Dmitri and Anastasia? First, it sounds like a couple from One Life to Live. Second, she looks like she should be fronting some sort of Evanescence cover band (the thought of which made me choke back warm bile). Third, what’s with the legs shot? I hate them and wish them nothing but misery and bad food.

3. pittgirl
    March 17, 2008 11:23 am

“One Life to Live.”

HAH!

Or at the very least, Smuckers Stars on Ice.

4. Brian
    March 17, 2008 12:08 pm

We need to book them for some sort of mail-order bride theme Smuckers Stars on Ice. They could flee from the KGB. And the whiff of black currant.

5. TheJim
    March 17, 2008 12:21 pm

You couldn’t possibly do any worse than last year, PG! teehee.

Also, I have confirmation that Andrew Stockey is definitely playing again this year as well as a few other surprise guests that every knows and loves.

If you’ve got a blog or podcast or believe you could be on the imaginary exempted list I have in my head (I’m talking to you, Jim Lokay and Sonni Abata), send me an email at thejim@sportsocracy.org and I’ll get you a poll.

6. Pensgirl
    March 17, 2008 12:32 pm

2. Maybe it was Jesus! My mom worked at Nat’l Geographic in the 70s, and tells a story about a woman who wrote in all offended at the nudity. “If God wanted us to be naked, we’d have been born that way.”

3. Pitt took a lesson in “how to face adversity” from the Pens (now hopefully the Pens can take one from Pitt and win their championship, too).

7. That that person is so not in the Wedding Photojournalists Association. Even if they make the mistake of letting someone like that in at some point, they kick people out for crap like that.

9. March 16th should be declared a holiday after that whooping. Wooooo!

7. wshicldtel
    March 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Gotta love the crane and dump truck in the back of the one pic! Excellent choice of wedding picture location. OMG, it is probably a landfill,ie the reason for all the pigeons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Justin Kownacki
    March 17, 2008 2:03 pm

Thanks for the love. Although it sounds like the world’s biggest cliche, we’re thrilled to be nominated by Yahoo. Having produced Something to Be Desired here in Pittsburgh for 5 years now, it’s great to know the powers-that-be think our show is one of the 5 best of the web.

That said, we’ve learned a lot from The Guild’s marketing plan. Attractive women + Warcraft = the “perfect storm” of internet zeitgeist. Something tells me STBD needs to bring in a hot geek character ASAP to siphon off the fanboys…

So, Pittgirl, Puma tells me you act…

9. Magnus Patris
    March 17, 2008 2:06 pm

WTF with that chick’s tramp stamp. Let’s just hope the pigeons shit all over the guests and that everyone got pissed and took their gifts back. Of course, since it is in Russia, all they brought were half-drunk bottles of vodka and toilet paper with splinters in it and gift certificates for “Beets-Я-Us”, with convenient locations in Minsk, Pinsk, Irkutsk, and Yakutsk.

10. KGC
    March 17, 2008 3:13 pm

#7 The bride is drop-dead gorgeous, although the tatoo is a little bit of a turn-off. The garter show-off is perfect.. just enough to be… well, you know.

His white socks? LOL

11. Dan (Not Onarato)
    March 17, 2008 5:20 pm

3. I dont wanna be Danny Downer but Pitt makes it to the sweet 16….MAYBE…

Yeah I know….BRACKET to you too!

7. Shes good looking but, like Brian said…could indeed be the lead singer for an Evanescence cover band…or Berlin…if yinz all know who that is…those boots are smokin though….

12. Arika
    March 17, 2008 5:45 pm

yea i def LOVE those boots! I’d rock ’em….. kinda kinky sassy.

March 17, 2008 6:13 pm

yeah, those boots.

I wonder if they are the same as pittgirl’s “do-me boots”………….

14. Pingback: Rivotril mexico.