Random n@.

1. So my 80s/90s kick still has me in the throes of a Bryan Adams obsession. I find myself seeking out his videos on YouTube (this one kills), pulling his CDs out of the back of my collection where they’ve collected dust since college, and just being all squeeee about him.

I’m thrilled his new album drops today and I missed Bon Jovi this time around but you can bet the Steelers that I’m heading to Baltimore or Virginia to see Bryan Adams live in July. I’ll be the girl near the front solemnly performing her very own self-uniting ceremony.

2. Here’s the deal. I understand the actual, specific definition of every single word he wrote, but I have no idea what he just wrote and I’m totally creeped out by what he wrote. That first picture is going to haunt my nightmares until I’m praying for the sweet release of a pigeon-pecking dream.

3. Ed Rendell says about the drink tax: CALM DOWN. Seriously. See:

“I think the tax itself, no one likes to pay more taxes, but I think if everybody cools down, I don’t think it will affect their business,” he said.

4. So, let’s check in with the Buccos of Suckitude via the PG’s photo show.

Here’s Josh Wilson trying to catch a ball with his knuckles:

And here’s two Buccos catching one ball, manifesting their renewed dedication to communication and baseball basics.

So in summation, still screwed.

5. Thinking about my brackets, I’m thinking of taking Pitt to the Final Four once again where I’ll have them lose. Think it’s possible? Or are they taking the crown this year? On the other hand, I don’t want to jinx them by having them winning the whole enchilada on my bracket.

6. Bracket.

March 18, 2008 8:40 am

#4: hey, as long as one of the succos gets his glove near the ball, that’s progress. hell, in the 2nd picture, the catcher (I believe it was ryan doumit) even has the ball IN his mitt!

#5: as much as I love my pitt panthers, I’m not sure about them final four-ing (yeah, I made it up) for the first time since the year WWII broke out.

but, they actually won the big east tourney — so, what do I know?

GO P-I-double T!!!

#6: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-acket!

2. Lily
    March 18, 2008 8:57 am

Bryan Adams… really?

3. PittinDC
    March 18, 2008 9:08 am

Pitt ALWAYS chokes in the NCAA Tourney!! It has been making my dad sad for years. Resist the urge to take them to the Final Four PittGirl!!

4. mis
    March 18, 2008 9:21 am

Pitt has been through a lot and have a lot of heart – dont count that out.

5. pittgirl
    March 18, 2008 9:36 am

Lily, I KNOW!

I have no control over my obsessions. They choose me.

6. Ferngrower
    March 18, 2008 10:01 am

No 5 goes up as my FaceBook quote of the day!

7. Magnus Patris
    March 18, 2008 10:01 am

I saw the then unknown Bryan Adams open for The Kinks in 1981 at the Stanley Theater. He played four or five songs and came out for his encore wearing a Steelers T-shirt. My friend said, “I think this guy is pretty good; he’s going to go somewhere.” I said, “All he’s going to do is go back to Vancouver and fade into obscurity.” My bad.

8. Rachel
    March 18, 2008 10:03 am

2. Damnit! That first picture! I think I’m going to just go ahead and turn all my lights on…

9. pittgirl
    March 18, 2008 10:04 am

Ferngrower, are we Facebook friends yet?

10. Magnus Patris
    March 18, 2008 10:07 am

I just had a great idea. Instead of wearing sunglasses and hats, the Succos should all wear a patch over one eye and a red bandana. That way they can blame their poor fielding on bad depth perception and they’d look funny as hell. Plus they should all say “Arrrrrrrh” every time they field a ball, throw a pitch or (rarely) hit the ball. Guaranteed sell out every game.

11. buckeyegirl
    March 18, 2008 10:44 am

#3. I bet Eddie Rendell didn’t have to pay $8.25 for a DRAFT beer at the Bon Jovi concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can but a freakin case for 17.00. Thanks Dan!! (sorry you missed it PittGirl-it was great and Jon was EXTRA HOT!!)

12. justretiredguy
    March 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Fast Eddie Spendell sez: “Just cool down, ’cause in 2 years I’ll be back at my law firm (that I made sure to throw all that state tax money at), making whole shitloads of money, then you can all kiss my big, fat, cheesesteak eatin’ ass. Unless my girl Hillary wins the election by some miracle (or voter fraud), in which case I’ll be living the high life in DC with $4000 hookers. Suckers! But don’t worry, Dan “the tax man” Onarato will be in Harrisburg makin’ sure the brown paper bags full of cash keep comin’ my way. Ahhh! It’s good to be the king.”

13. Michael
    March 18, 2008 12:45 pm

#1 Sorry to inform you PG that self uniting is a no go here in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Not sure about MD. We do, however, allow internet ordained ministers.

I am however happy to inform you that you have a new soldier in your crusade to eradicate the humble pigeon from the face of the Earth. I wasn’t with you before but dang it they have now angered me. I’m on my way to Au Bon Pain for a nice soup and sandwich combo, I’m enjoying the grey spring day chatting with my wife and one of those poop spewing disease ridden merchants of death had the unmitigated gall to poop on my favorite jacket. If not for my inability to fly or climb a tree I would have done you proud.

Steel toe wing tips are my new uniform.

14. Pinto Alegre
    March 18, 2008 1:11 pm

PG — why are you going all the way to Baltimore when you can go to the Blossom Center in Cleveland in half the distance? He’s playing two shows in Ohio!

15. MountaineerHoo
    March 18, 2008 7:08 pm

There is no way Pitt is going to the Final Four. And I’m not saying that because of the clear bias in my name (and trust me, I don’t have them going far AT ALL!), but them making the Final Four this year would be like the Buccos of Suckitude going to the NL championship this year.
    Watch, both will happen. *eye roll*

16. xena
    March 18, 2008 8:08 pm

Take Pitt through the Elite 8 at least. I have them in my Final Four. There isn’t anyone in their bracket that stands out. I am no believer in Memphis. Pitt is a better team than they appeared in the middle of the season. Winning the tournament has a lot to do with how well a team is playing at this point in the season, and Pitt is playing very well.

17. Mrs Pitsberger
    March 19, 2008 8:10 am

Na na naaaa na na na na na nah!!! And it cuts like a knife, yeah!!

I’m with you on the Bryan Adams, PG. Pockmarks are sexy.