Banned!

Cedrick Wilson, Asshat 3.0, as you know was involved in a police standoff not too long ago when his babymama locked herself in his house with a gun all flipping out and shit.

Well last night, Asshat 3.0 went to a restaurant and punched that same babymama in the face.

At around 8 last night, Mr. Wilson approached 26-year-old Lindsey Paulat, of Fawn, at Patron’s Restaurant near Route 910 and Perry Highway in Pine, police said. He then pushed Ms. Paulet, the mother of his 16-month-old daughter, and punched her in the face when she turned around, according to a criminal complaint charging Mr. Wilson.

CLASSY!

Cedrick Wilson has now been dropped from the Steelers roster.

Thoughts:

1. I knew Cedrick Wilson was a little guy, but I had no idea how small of a man he really was.

2. When I first read about Lindsey locking herself up in his house, I was like, “Esta loca!” I believe I called her a “crazy bitch.”

Now, I’m kind of hoping she can get Cedrick alone long enough to return the favor, except, you know, aim for the donkey omelets.

3. Did the Steelers drop Cedrick because he punched his babymama? Then why aren’t they dropping James Harrison AKA Asshat 2.0, while they’re at it?

Mr. Harrison broke down the door and, while Ms. Tibbott was trying to call 911, he took her cell phone and broke it in half, according to the affidavit.

Ms. Tibbott said he then hit her with an open hand in the face, knocking off her glasses. Township police said her left cheek showed “red marks.”

Do the Steelers only “care” about domestic violence when it involves one of their lesser-talented players?

4. Men of the Steelers, don’t punch your babymamas! Grow up and find other ways to express your anger. Use your words, damn it.

5. Boy, is my friend in Cincinnati going to have a scathing comeback when I next tease him about that team of criminals he roots for and I bet that comeback will include the words Babymama Beaters.

1. CS Keys
    March 20, 2008 9:42 am

I hope she takes him to court for all of his money, he’s done playing professional football.

2. ManiacPgh
    March 20, 2008 9:48 am

I love it! It’s about time Cedrick is exposed as the abusive, drug-addicted, cheating prick he really is. I bet the Rooneys let him go because they can’t possibly stop all local media outlets from finding out and printing the truth. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and I completely retract my opinion that Lindsey Paulat is nuts. I’m sorry, but at some point, enough becomes enough, and from what I’ve heard, Paualt endured more than the average woman could have endured before she snapped this past January. I can’t wait until the rest of the truth comes out.

3. GreeneThumb
    March 20, 2008 10:10 am

By the way, do any of these professional athlete/breeders actually get MARRIED any more?

4. pittgirl
    March 20, 2008 10:10 am

Maybe they just self-unite. ;)

5. ManiacPgh
    March 20, 2008 10:19 am

Sure GreenThumb, they get married …and then they just cheat – take Hines Ward, for example.

6. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    March 20, 2008 10:28 am

I think the difference between Wilson and Harrison, besides talent, is that Wilson has gotten his name in the paper multiple times for domestic issue. Also, he did it in public. There were witnesses. There won’t be any his word against hers. There’s no need to wait for due process on this.

That being said, if Harrison is guilty, he should be punished. But releasing him would not be punishment. He had a career year last year after being cut multiple times by teams. (And correct me if I’m wrong on this.) If he got released, he’d be a free agent and get alot more money when he signs with another team. A more fitting punishment would be suspension, preferably without pay but the union would fight that.

7. amanda
    March 20, 2008 11:17 am

Mmmmmm Patron’s… they have awesome margaritas…

8. slr
    March 20, 2008 11:37 am

From the PG online:
    “What Jimmy Harrison was doing and how the incident occurred, what he was trying to do was really well worth it,” Rooney said of Harrison’s initial intent. “He was doing something that was good, wanted to take his son to get baptized where he lived and things like that. She said she didn’t want to do it.”

Uhhh… hitting his girlfriend was “well worth it?”
    Go to town, Pittgirl.

9. Brian
    March 20, 2008 11:40 am

I don’t think that’s what he meant. I think he meant going to his girlfriend’s to get his son was well worth it. I read that line and cringed too, and I know a certain loud guy is going to blow that shit up on the radio later. But it’s a poorly worded sentence that I don’t think means what it looks like it means.

10. GeezLouise
    March 20, 2008 11:40 am

You should go read the PG’s statement about the release of Cedrick Wilson from Dan Rooney. I was totally with Mr. Rooney with his statements of “we don’t condone violence of any kind, especially against women” and then he got to the differences of why he was ok with Harrison and not with Wilson. Harrison was apparently taking his son to get baptized and his babymama did not want to let the baby go. Mr. Rooney feels that is important. hmmm… remind me not to go to any baptisms that involved the Rooneys. I guess in their world nothing starts off a good baptism like a little bitch slapping, breaking cell phones, and the police.

11. Bulldog
    March 20, 2008 11:42 am

Funny you should ask about the difference between cutting Wilson and keeping Harrison (as many fans have indeed wondered), because Dan Rooney addressed that question this morning.

Quoting from the P-G:
    Rooney said Wilson, the team’s No 4 wide receiver, was released because of the circumstances involved and that they differed from those of Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison, who was arrested March 8 for assaulting his girlfriend in Ohio Township.

“I know many are asking the question of [why] we released Wilson and Harrison we kept,” Rooney said. “The circumstances — I know of the incidents, they are completely different. In fact, when I say we don’t condone these things, we don’t, but we do have to look at the circumstances that are involved with other players and things like that, so they’re not all the same.”

In Harrison’s case, Rooney said the player was trying to take his son to be baptized, while Wilson had a previous incident with his girlfriend, although she was charged, but Wilson was not.

12. joey
    March 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Harrison = probowler

Wilson = 4th WR on a team without really good WR’s to start with.

13. Pensgirl
    March 20, 2008 1:02 pm

I’m not inclined to think that talent played no part in the Rooneys’ differing decisions. However, I think Dan’s extremely clumsy statement was attempting to get at the premeditation issue. It appears that Harrison went where he went with good intentions and then flipped out when things didn’t turn out the way he wanted, and Wilson went where he went with bad intentions.

The legal system draws the same distinction and punishes premeditated behavior more harshly. The difference is, it doesn’t let people who flip out get off completely, as the Rooneys seem to have done with Harrison (unless there’s something I don’t know). For argument’s sake, let’s accept that kicking Wilson off the team doesn’t also necessitate kicking Harrison off the team. Harrison should have to face some sort of consequence. “Oh well, shit happens” is not the proper response to his behavior. It’s true that flipping out is not the same as hunting someone down, but that doesn’t make it acceptable.

If the idea is that a Harrison can be rehabilitated and taught to control himself, then somebody better be trying to rehabilitate him. If not, the next headline could be that he shook his baby to death for crying.

14. toni
    March 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Wait…pemeditated or not…your saying it’s OK to BREAK DOWN a door and punch a woman as long as a little holy water is involved in the issue??? Dan Rooney might condone it…I bet God dosen’t.

March 20, 2008 1:54 pm

get a grip, people.

what happened in both situations was WRONG. it’s never ok to beat a woman — and, I don’t just believe that because my mother used to volunteer at a local battered women’s shelter.

but, I’m willing to bet that there is more to the story with james harrison’s situation than what we know. there usually is.

and, I bet that dan rooney knows a lot more about it that we do.

and, I’m also sure that he doesn’t condone violence any more than the rest of us do. how stupid is that to assume otherwise right off the bat?

I’m thinking that, as has been asserted above, that rooney’s choice of words was rather poor.

with situations like this, it’s important to judge slowly.

16. parkingchair
    March 20, 2008 2:18 pm

exactly, judge slowly. as these brilliant ads remind us:

17. cultlord
    March 20, 2008 2:30 pm

Can we blame Cedric Wilson for the increased price of tickets for home games?

18. toni
    March 20, 2008 3:20 pm

No cultlord, you have to blame Ben Rothlesberger’s big signing bonus for that………

19. tw
    March 20, 2008 4:41 pm

I know I may be walking on thin ice saying this…but what about the difference in severity of these two cases. Harrison slapped the woman while Wilson punched her. There’s a big difference. My kids go around slapping each other constantly (and yes it is not condoned and they are punished), but they would NEVER punch one another. I realize hurting a woman is never right, but just pointing out there’s a difference in severity in these two cases. btw…this is a woman’s point of view.

20. scottie
    March 20, 2008 5:37 pm

Now, I’m not familiar with all of the circumstances of their relationship (other than her being a crazy beyotch and him being a talentless twit), but maybe he found out she was raising attack pigeons and using his jock strap so that they would learn his sent? Maybe he found out that the baby was Big Ben’s and that she planned to tell him this on Springer? or Maybe she had a malaria-infested mosquito on her nose that needed to be taken care of?

Or Maybe, just Maybe, is it just a teensy weensy bit possible…you know, that maybe the crazy beyotch deserved a good bitch-slapping?

I’m just sayin’;-)

21. emstef23
    March 20, 2008 6:02 pm

These guys are Pro Football Players. You see the hits they give and take on the field, think that same force isn’t behind their fists?? Just a thought…

22. Steeler_tom
    March 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Hitting isn’t right, man, woman, child, even animal.
    It’s wrong. Don’t condone it. No matter what.

Oh the other hand,…. Self defense is perfectly acceptable.

Who really knows what happend in either situation?
    Let the authorities figure it out.

Until then Harrison is just as guilty. Hitting is hitting and hurting. Should never been allowed to esclate.

It’s high time anyone and I mean anyone in a spot light where they might be looked up upon should be taking classes about personal conduct. Fix things before they become a problem.

Ok
    (Stepping down from my personal soapbox now)