1. Well, my Sportsocracy [dot] org 2008 Pittsburgh Bloggers March Madness BRACKET has been submitted, and whereas last year I used actual information about the teams to pick my winners, resulting in what was it? Next to the last place? This year I went with my super secret rabbit in the hat, trump in the sleeve, pigeon in the grave. My shiny quarter.
Shiny Quarter took Pitt to the Final Four, where Shiny Quarter says they’ll lose miserably to UCLA.
Here’s Shiny Quarter sitting on my desk being all sage-like and wise ass-ish.
You’ll notice I didn’t use one of those new state quarters because I didn’t want my quarter to be biased toward any one team.
2. Are you guys looking in the shadows of that picture for my face? It’s not there.
3. Today is the first day of Spring and that of course means it’s colder than a witch’s windy tit. If you’d like to get a little MORE cold, you can head to Rita’s for their free ice giveaway!
(h/t Curt O)
4. Trafalgar Square in London, notorious for its pigeon population, has instituted some new pigeon control and thanks to reader Mark, we get to take a look:
Where can I get me a hawk to sit quietly on my shoulder until ordered to eat pigeons … only after torturing them for a little while?
Look at that adorable bird.
Don’t you just want to go up to that hawk and scritch its little chinny chin chin all, “Who’s a good pigeon killer? Who’s a good pigeon killer?”
5. So there’s a Burgher in the South Hills who is seeking a woman who shares his same physical characteristics, as in looks like him right down to the body, face, glasses, clothing and mustache.
First of all, this can’t be real, right?
Second of all, how much of a batshit crazy narcissistic serial-killer loser nutjob is this guy?
Please phrase your answer in the form of “VERY batshit crazy narcissistic serial-killer loser nutjob.”
(h/t Cate who wrote, “PittGirl, brace yourself” but dang, I didn’t brace myself enough!)
6. Reader BagItTagIt wrote me to let me know that Dr. Pausch is having continuing kidney and heart problems and to top it all off, on his way to DC to testify before Congress, he was in a bad car accident. BagItTagIt asks:
“A car accident? Are you kidding me? I feel like Randy should offer up his dog to see if the Lord would like to kick it.”
7. So yesterday I informed Sister of PittGirl, she of the Sidney Crosby obsession, in no uncertain terms that she and I will be going to the Bryan Adams concert this summer and she was all, “I don’t know. What songs does he sing?”
I didn’t slap her or even do one of those V8 bonks on her forehead. I’m very proud of my self-restraint.
That’s almost as good as the time one of my friends picked me up to try to drag my ass to a Jimmy Buffet concert and I was all, “What songs does he even sing?”
Seriously. What the hell songs does Jimmy Buffet sing?