- March 21, 2008
- filed under David Conrad, Eye rolls, Local media, Penguins, Pirates, Random, Steelers
1. Because I’ll forget later, Happy Easter! Not to take away from the spirit of the holiday or anything, but hey, here’s a peep show, yo.
2. It looks as though we won’t learn if there is buckshot or if there is no buckshot until next week at the earliest. I’m starting to lean toward no buckshot.
3. I don’t mean to freak you guys out, but it appears that Shiny Quarter is a FRICKIN’ GENIUS so far, correctly predicting 14 of 16 winners during yesterday’s first round of March Madness games.
‘Scuse me while I go offer up a sacrifice to Shiny Quarter.
4. I realize it sounds horrible and evil and misogynistic, but I absolutely refuse to believe that Dan Rooney meant this the way it came out:
“What Jimmy Harrison was doing and how the incident occurred, what he was trying to do was really well worth it,” he said of Mr. Harrison’s initial intent with his son. “He was doing something that was good, wanted to take his son to get baptized where he lived and things like that. She said she didn’t want to do it.”
Not even Satan is stupid enough to stand behind a slew of microphones and say, “Yeah, he beat her, but listen, it was totally worth it. Bitch was in his way.”
Hey, if Ike Turner is saying it, I’m not giving him the benefit of the doubt.
But it’s Dan Rooney. I’m going to withhold my ire for the time being. But I’m watching you, Dan Rooney.
5. Pens rule! Tie for first!
6. The Buccos of Suckitude continue their ways of Suck, with Ian Snell, our opening day pitcher mind you, giving up three homers in 5 2/3 innings during a 3-0 loss yesterday.
And that’s all I have to say about that mass of suck.
7. I’m adding the site to the blogroll because I should have done it ages ago, but have you all read Mondesi’s House “16 Reasons Why the Pirates’ Streak Won’t End in 2008” that he wrote for Deadspin? It’s awesome and my favorite is number 6 — “They’re bad at everything.”
(h/t to Mark, the husband of one Newlin Archinal, who I assume got a new haircut because I’ve got a bunch of hits from Google searches of “Newlin Archinal haircut.”)
8. All you girls that were in love with “J” and his awesome Paint skillz, he’s still looking for love with an updated story that specifically asks you not to contact him if you’ve just recently refilled your prescription of CRAZY.
9. David Conrad post coming up later in which we’ll hear directly from David Conrad’s keyboard. Yay, us!