Random n@.

1. Seriously. Spring. Now. I have open-toed shoes that are begging for a stroll.

2. Reader Frank from The Blurgh wrote:

About a block after I got off the bus this morning, I was divebombed by a pigeon. It was a truly amazing shot–somehow the rapscallion was able to glance the side of my face and hit my bag at the same time. People say it’s good luck, but I can’t possibly imagine why. Anyway, I thought you’d understand!

In Solidarity, Frank

Ugh. The thought of a pigeon even barely caressing my cheek. Shudder.

3. Shiny Quarter’s performance in the Sportsocracy Pittsburgh Bloggers March Madness Challenge has been so-so thus far. I’m not using him to buy a Little Debbie just yet, but if things don’t turn around soon, he’ll find himself being exchanged for a Nutty Bar at CVS.

I stand tied for 11th place with a score of 42. The leader currently stands at 48 points.

Thanks to Shiny Quarter, I’m the only person that has chosen Tennessee to take the crown. Anything can happen, right?

The blogger in last place, Sorg, chose Gonzaga to win it all. Wait. Isn’t that a smelly cheese?

4. Cedrick Wilson’s baby mama says, “Hey. It was no big deal, really!”

“He never punched. He pushed me in the side of the head,” Paulat told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday. “It was misconstrued apparently by the people around us.”

“Cedrick has been very supportive as we are working through issues,” she said. “I think he was just basically disappointed in me and he only wants the best for me and my daughter.”

So there you have it. It’s okay to show your disappointment by pushing around your babymama! Because nothing says, “Hey, I only want what’s best for you” like a shove in the head.

5. The Cutting Edge in the PG shouted out to me again, so a big giant, “Hey, you!” back.

6. 101 ways to kill a pigeon?! Since I’ve only known about/employed 65 ways, (personal favorite PittGirl-invented method: Davy Jones’ Locker. I’d tell you what that involves, but I think I might get arrested), I’ll be buying this book pronto in the hopes that the “Puree” method page also includes instructions on how to get pigeon bits out of a blender. That’s some gooey guts. Trust me.

(h/t Bridget)

7. Craigslist goodies from the ladies of the Burgh!

• Yes, send a pic. It’s only fair seeing as she’s offered two half-shots of her face and a photo in full-on geisha. Also, I can’t think of a man in the world that doesn’t want a girl who admits she’ll cancel plans if she can’t get her eyeshadow to do what she wants it to do.
  • “Dedicated pull of the earth in your blood.” Is that even English? I feel stupid. Is there a guy out there that will write her and say, “I’m a drunk, drug-addicted loser, but rest assured, I have the dedicated pull of the earth in my blood.”
  • I think I might hate those taken-from-above cleavage shots more than anyone in the whole world. Ugh.
  • I am such a cold, callous bitch because picture number two? Cracked my shit up. “Shhhhhh.”

8. Geno has over 100 points now this season. I told you it was going to be okay, didn’t I?

1. Frank
    March 24, 2008 9:45 am

Thanks for the support, PG!

2. Heather
    March 24, 2008 10:31 am

Cedric Wilson’s babymama doesn’t get her support check if he isn’t working… OF COURSE she’s down playing what happened!

3. Puma
    March 24, 2008 10:54 am

Show someone you care: Shove them in the head today.

I remember when Merlin Olson just gave flowers. Maybe I’m just showing my age.

4. Puma
    March 24, 2008 10:54 am

Show someone you care: Shove them in the head today.

I remember when Merlin Olson just gave flowers. Maybe I’m showing my age…

5. Brian
    March 24, 2008 10:54 am

7. I want to spray her with a hose or something. Good lord, she sounds like someone who would use the word “inspiring” or “amazing” every other word. She probably writes her own poetry. And by the way, you can’t recite a 10-minute Mitch Hedberg bit because there aren’t any. His jokes are one at a time. And Dane Cook is a fucking douchebag, non-funny idiot. No soup for her.

The third girl could use a class in basic punctuation for total idiots. It looks like one of her interests are DRINKING MEN! She’s a monster!

6. Kelli
    March 24, 2008 10:55 am

Heather – that is exactly what I was thinking.

7. Brian
    March 24, 2008 10:55 am

My first comment under 7 is in reference to the first girl.

8. Rick
    March 24, 2008 11:32 am

“So if you like thick women with a sense of humor, get at me” ….ummmm…ick.

9. Mrs Pitsberger
    March 24, 2008 12:11 pm

4. Ced Wilson’s baby mama DESPERATELY needs to get some self-esteem.

3. That’s gorgonzola. Pitt played like smelly cheese.

10. NoSide15212
    March 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Cedric Wilson’s babymama suddenly divined that the sole value of the NFL gravy train to whom she hitched her uterus is derived from an NFL paycheck…and that’s gone now. In her new role as lead apologist for BabyDaddy, her task is to help rehabilitate Wilson’s reputation (by diluting the severity of the atrocity of which he is accused), in the hopes that he is marketable somewhere else in the NFL, and pronto. For now, Babydaddy sitting in the rail yard, broke like a joke, yo.

11. PittCheMBA
    March 24, 2008 8:00 pm

Would you believe Cedrick Wilson has his own web site, http://www.cedwilson.net/cw/. Luckily the “Ced in the News” link/feed seems to be disabled.

12. xena
    March 24, 2008 10:56 pm

AAAARRRRGGGGG. I still wake up thinking that the one time Pitt got a decent seed, the team loses in the round of 32…..I can’t even care about my brackets! AACCKK!

13. Julie
    March 25, 2008 9:50 am

PG, something to add to your list of ways to kill pigeons: the peregrine falcons that nest atop the Cathedral of Learning. One of my coworkers was telling me last week that he personally witnessed the falcons divebomb a group of pigeons, clasp at least one pigeon in their talons, and as they flew away the falcons began tearing the pigeon’s feathers off. London’s Trafalgar Square has to hire falcons to eat their pigeons, but here in Oakland, we get them for free.