- March 24, 2008
- filed under Evgeni Malkin, Penguins, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons, Weather, Weird Burghers
1. Seriously. Spring. Now. I have open-toed shoes that are begging for a stroll.
2. Reader Frank from The Blurgh wrote:
About a block after I got off the bus this morning, I was divebombed by a pigeon. It was a truly amazing shot–somehow the rapscallion was able to glance the side of my face and hit my bag at the same time. People say it’s good luck, but I can’t possibly imagine why. Anyway, I thought you’d understand!
In Solidarity, Frank
Ugh. The thought of a pigeon even barely caressing my cheek. Shudder.
3. Shiny Quarter’s performance in the Sportsocracy Pittsburgh Bloggers March Madness Challenge has been so-so thus far. I’m not using him to buy a Little Debbie just yet, but if things don’t turn around soon, he’ll find himself being exchanged for a Nutty Bar at CVS.
I stand tied for 11th place with a score of 42. The leader currently stands at 48 points.
Thanks to Shiny Quarter, I’m the only person that has chosen Tennessee to take the crown. Anything can happen, right?
The blogger in last place, Sorg, chose Gonzaga to win it all. Wait. Isn’t that a smelly cheese?
4. Cedrick Wilson’s baby mama says, “Hey. It was no big deal, really!”
“He never punched. He pushed me in the side of the head,” Paulat told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday. “It was misconstrued apparently by the people around us.”
“Cedrick has been very supportive as we are working through issues,” she said. “I think he was just basically disappointed in me and he only wants the best for me and my daughter.”
So there you have it. It’s okay to show your disappointment by pushing around your babymama! Because nothing says, “Hey, I only want what’s best for you” like a shove in the head.
5. The Cutting Edge in the PG shouted out to me again, so a big giant, “Hey, you!” back.
6. 101 ways to kill a pigeon?! Since I’ve only known about/employed 65 ways, (personal favorite PittGirl-invented method: Davy Jones’ Locker. I’d tell you what that involves, but I think I might get arrested), I’ll be buying this book pronto in the hopes that the “Puree” method page also includes instructions on how to get pigeon bits out of a blender. That’s some gooey guts. Trust me.
7. Craigslist goodies from the ladies of the Burgh!
- Yes, send a pic. It’s only fair seeing as she’s offered two half-shots of her face and a photo in full-on geisha. Also, I can’t think of a man in the world that doesn’t want a girl who admits she’ll cancel plans if she can’t get her eyeshadow to do what she wants it to do.
- “Dedicated pull of the earth in your blood.” Is that even English? I feel stupid. Is there a guy out there that will write her and say, “I’m a drunk, drug-addicted loser, but rest assured, I have the dedicated pull of the earth in my blood.”
- I think I might hate those taken-from-above cleavage shots more than anyone in the whole world. Ugh.
- I am such a cold, callous bitch because picture number two? Cracked my shit up. “Shhhhhh.”
8. Geno has over 100 points now this season. I told you it was going to be okay, didn’t I?