1. The McDonald’s employees at the Smithfield Street McDonald’s (I got coffee there this a.m.) have got to be the most underpaid employees in the city. Do you realize what they deal with there? Toothless drunks with half-burned cigarettes tucked behind their ears ordering a small coffee and paying in pennies. People with mysterious liquid on their pants. People who don’t understand volume control. People who don’t understand THAT THIS IS MY PERSONAL SPACE!
And that was just this morning. I cannot wait for Dunkin Donuts to open up.
2. You know how you think of a witty comeback DAYS after you were in the moment to deliver the comeback? Consider this one of those, but I had a thought about Lindsey Paulat saying Cedrick Wilson just wants what’s best for her.
Is that why he tried to convince her to kill herself? I guess he thought death would be best for her.
Such a nurturer, he is.
3. Thanks to Jim Lokay of KDKA, we now have a photo of the REAL David Conrad room from the Home and Garden Show (the waterboarding of Spy has been replaced with the continual blasting of Whitney Houston’s I Will Always Love You).
This shows a much more pleasing color scheme, his devotion to the region’s steel-making history displayed with a painting of steel beams on the wall, his love of wine displayed with wine bottles and wine glasses, and his love of all things Pittsburgh displayed with a dinosaur table that Jim says, “Rocks his world.” I’m assuming that by “rocks his world” he means “is ugly.”
THIS is the room that David says looks nothing like his own loft.
And the next time I send David Conrad some pictures all, “Explain these, please,” let’s hope he opens them before he explains them. Sometimes that self-united husband/future best friend of mine makes me so mad I could just kiss him.
4. Will Troysus be forced to cut his hair? There was a reason he posed as Samson for Whirl Magazine.
So very pretty. Has anyone seen Troysus lately? Has he shaved yet?
5. My spidey-senses are tingling telling me that Byung-Yum! Kim is going to be cut tomorrow. I realize he’s like the home run king right now, which is not good when you’re a pitcher, but I still hope he sticks around. The Buccos have so much suck happening, what’s one more person of suck?
6. Reader Carly wrote:
I am interested in starting a Pittgirl group on facebook. This would be a place to try to get Burghers who read your blog to get other people to join in on the fun and adventure. This would include links to your facebook page and blog page, as well as pictures and maybe some pigeon-hating message boards … I figured I’d shoot you a message to see what you think.
Wow. Um, first, I’d like to thank the Academy —
I’d like to say that the David Conrad Facebook Fan Club only has 15 members and the David Conrad Appreciation Society only has 19 members, so if Carly does start this group, I must have at least 35 members so that I can write David Conrad all, nyah-nyah-nyah.
I appreciate Carly wanting to do this and this is me giving her the go-ahead.
And this is my ego going, “Damn. What if nobody wants to join a PittGirl group? They can bite me, that’s what!”
Wait. The Jim Lokay – a one way street to greatness group has 36 members. So I must have 37 members, okay?
If not, you all can just bite me.
7. And a belated Happy Easter and I hope you die soon and I hope it involves a blender, back to you, pigeon.