Random n@.

1.  The McDonald’s employees at the Smithfield Street McDonald’s (I got coffee there this a.m.) have got to be the most underpaid employees in the city.  Do you realize what they deal with there?  Toothless drunks with half-burned cigarettes tucked behind their ears ordering a small coffee and paying in pennies.  People with mysterious liquid on their pants. People who don’t understand volume control.  People who don’t understand THAT THIS IS MY PERSONAL SPACE!
And that was just this morning.   I cannot wait for Dunkin Donuts to open up.

2.  You know how you think of a witty comeback DAYS after you were in the moment to deliver the comeback?  Consider this one of those, but I had a thought about Lindsey Paulat saying Cedrick Wilson just wants what’s best for her.

Is that why he tried to convince her to kill herself?  I guess he thought death would be best for her.

Such a nurturer, he is.

3.  Thanks to  Jim Lokay of KDKA, we now have a photo of the REAL David Conrad room from the Home and Garden Show (the waterboarding of Spy has been replaced with the continual blasting of Whitney Houston’s I Will Always Love You).

This shows a much more pleasing color scheme, his devotion to the region’s steel-making history displayed with a painting of steel beams on the wall,  his love of wine displayed with wine bottles and wine glasses, and his love of all things Pittsburgh displayed with a dinosaur table that Jim says, “Rocks his world.”  I’m assuming that by “rocks his world” he means “is ugly.”

THIS is the room that David says looks nothing like his own loft.

And the next time I send David Conrad some pictures all, “Explain these, please,” let’s hope he opens them before he explains them.  Sometimes that self-united husband/future best friend of mine makes me so mad I could just kiss him.

God.

4.   Will Troysus be forced to cut his hair? There was a reason he posed as Samson for Whirl Magazine.

Also, BAM!

So very pretty.  Has anyone seen Troysus lately?   Has he shaved yet?

(h/t Trinity)

5.  My spidey-senses are tingling telling me that Byung-Yum! Kim is going to be cut tomorrow.  I realize he’s like the home run king right now, which is not good when you’re a pitcher, but I still hope he sticks around.  The Buccos have so much suck happening, what’s one more person of suck?

6.  Reader Carly wrote:

I am interested in starting a Pittgirl group on facebook. This would be a place to try to get Burghers who read your blog to get other people to join in on the fun and adventure. This would include links to your facebook page and blog page, as well as pictures and maybe some pigeon-hating message boards …  I figured I’d shoot you a message to see what you think.

Wow.  Um, first, I’d like to thank the Academy —

Wait.

I’d like to say that the David Conrad Facebook Fan Club only has 15 members and the David Conrad Appreciation Society only has 19 members, so if Carly does start this group, I must have at least 35 members so that I can write David Conrad all, nyah-nyah-nyah.

I appreciate Carly wanting to do this and this is me giving her the go-ahead.

And this is my ego going, “Damn.  What if nobody wants to join a PittGirl group?  They can bite me, that’s what!”

Wait. The Jim Lokay – a one way street to greatness group has 36 members.  So I must have 37 members, okay?

If not, you all can just bite me.

7.  And a belated Happy Easter and I hope you die soon and I hope it involves a blender, back to you, pigeon.

1. trinity
    March 25, 2008 11:01 am

i’d join a pittgirl facebook group. just tell me where to sign up.

and i’d completely forgotten about the samson thing in whirl. whoops.

2. In Sewickley
    March 25, 2008 11:12 am

There are three people in my office who would join that fan club and I know at least one more person who would join.

So that’s four more.

Get this Facebook group going!!!!! We need something else to do during the day to avoid the work.

3. In Sewickley
    March 25, 2008 11:14 am

Better yet, a Fan Page for PittGirl. Facebook Groups are so last year.

4. John
    March 25, 2008 11:18 am

A Facebook page for PittGirl fans? I’m so there.

5. Bram R
    March 25, 2008 11:37 am

A website for people to visit who are fans of PittGirl, who operates A WEBSITE. And a Facebook page for fans of PittGirl, who maintains her own FACEBOOK PAGE. Sure, why not. If that’s what the kids these days are doing.

6. spoon
    March 25, 2008 11:38 am

OK, wtf is with that coffee table? I would SO trip over that croc head stickin out. Thought it would make for a sweet bottle opener while watching the game.

Jim’s membership count is climbing you better hurry up!

7. Marc
    March 25, 2008 11:56 am

Wonder if Troy will donate his hair? I’m guessing yes.

8. Dan (Not Onarato)
    March 25, 2008 12:00 pm

did you all notice that PittGirl didnt place a link to Lokay’s fan page?

I didnt think the room looked that bad to be honest with you…the coffee table is growin on me…you could do your own tribute to Steve Irwin on it…

but thats just me…

9. Slick Move Girl
    March 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Making NFL players cut their hair is almost as senseless as making air traffic controllers get professionally dressed up for work when no one is allowed in the tower and they are not allowed to leave and they work in the dark! Who can’t see the names? The police sure don’t seem to have a problem identifying these NFL players!

10. JD
    March 25, 2008 12:18 pm

I saw Troy at the mall a few weeks ago (squee!), and he has shaved off the mega-beard he was sporting during the season. He was not, however, clean-shaven, and was sporting a very attractive scruff.

11. Paperclip Queen
    March 25, 2008 12:25 pm

I went to Facebook looking for a Pittgirl Group or Fan page – nothing yet. So sad.

12. cultlord
    March 25, 2008 12:38 pm

The McDonald’s in downtown Pittsburgh always remind me of the Cantina in Mos Eisley.

Especially when out of nowhere a 20-person fight breaks out in them. (That happened at the one on Wood & Liberty, however)

13. Kimberly
    March 25, 2008 1:03 pm

Beautiful picture of Troysus….he will never cut his hair until his wife asks him to do so and until his wife asks him to do so, he will never cut his hair…not an exact quote, but I believe he has said something to that effect in various interviews over the years…

14. justretiredguy
    March 25, 2008 1:07 pm

What makes you think that the housing impaired won’t be going into the Dunkin’ Donuts? If anything, it will be more convenient for them.

15. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    March 25, 2008 2:06 pm

I didn’t even know you can fit 20 people in the McDonald’s at Wood & Liberty?

For pure fast food entertainment value, I’m not sure you could beat the Wendy’s around the corner from the smithfield McDonald’s at lunchtime. You go in, place your order, then try and guess what you’ll actually be given. I once ordered a plain double cheeseburger and got a chicken sandwich with everything on it.

I miss working in downtown Pittsburgh.

16. Eileen
    March 25, 2008 2:42 pm

The reason that McDonald’s is so crazy in the morning is because the junkies transfer buses on that corner coming from the Methadone clinic in the North Side.
    They have to be there around 6:30. Get their stuff and head back. They get back into town around 8:00. Have their coffee and social hour. Then grab the 88 or 91 going back to Lawrenceville.
    There’s not a full set of teeth between them all.
    I grew up with most of them. Called them the “walking dead”.

17. Kat
    March 25, 2008 3:26 pm

I catch the bus by that McDonald’s on days I don’t drive. It is quite the rich tapestry of humanity. I had no idea about the methodone clinic.

18. Trish
    March 25, 2008 6:07 pm

The thought of Troysus cutting his hair makes the baby Jesus cry.

19. Still A. Fan
    March 25, 2008 6:31 pm

#2 The stupid store called, and they’re all out of YOU

#6 …isnt the comments section where fans should come to leave messages…?

20. C.S. Keys
    March 25, 2008 8:21 pm

I believe there’s a methadone clinic above the closed Wendy’s on Wood Street, amazing that the Duquesne club is right around the corner.

21. xena
    March 26, 2008 12:07 am

Hey, I’m almost an old bat but I’ll sign up for Pitt girl, wherever and whenever.

But gotta say I love that reptilian table.

22. Kelli
    March 26, 2008 9:30 am

Junkies (or anyone) would not be in front of the Smithfield McDonalds if they were transferring buses from the North Side to most East End neighborhoods.

The 86s & 91s (there is no 88 anymore) come in on Penn and go out on Liberty. Most North Side buses service 6th, 7th, & 9th. Therefore, most folks would use the Wood Street T station to make that transfer. There are a few other possibilities – including taking the 54C and not having to transfer or transferring in your neighborhood – but none of them are any where near the Smithfield Street McDonalds.

Even if they were having coffee hour – wouldn’t they have it at the McDonalds on Wood or the one on Liberty? Both are closer.

Also, why would Lawrenceville & other East End junkies go to the North Side for methadone? The clinic in Bloomfield would be so much closer.

23. geeves
    March 26, 2008 9:55 am

kelli, shhhhhh! I don’t want them in Blooomfield

24. Eileen
    March 26, 2008 12:26 pm

My mistake, I thought Pittgirl was talking about the McDonalds right off Penn.(on Wood)
    The clinic in Northside is the free one. I think the one in Bloomfield is not.
    And believe me, as certain “walking dead” family members of mine will attest to, they all stop and that McDonalds before getting on the 86 home.
    The old Pgh girl in me still calls the 86 the 88.