- March 26, 2008
- filed under Hot Burghers, Local media, Penguins, Pirates, Sidney Crosby, Steelers, Troy Polamalu
1. I’m over Jason Castro and his gorgeous eyes, sticky dreads, and ‘sup, dude? ‘tude. I’m getting over Brooke White’s Who? Little ole me? furrowed eyebrow schtick. I’ve been over David Archuleta’s lip-licking, heavy-breathing singing and I was never under any other contestant.
Now, in addition to finding Michael Johns suddenly worthy of my listening ears, it is David Cook, the former gum on my shoe, the former pigeon poop in my hair, the former coffee speck in my coffee that I am now madly in worship with. I want to take his songs, scritch their chins, and give them a permanent home inside my ear where they can live out the rest of their days on random repeat.
The dude has made me love not only Lionel Richie’s sap-tastic “Hello,” but now I can’t get frickin “Billie Jean” out of my head.
No, you bastards!
I’m more like Chewbacca, right, Woy?
3. Damn you, accurate spidey-senses!
Well there goes my next Smokin’ Hot Burgher. Off to find me another one. Maybe a Penguin? Ryan Malone? Petr Sykora? I’ve got shirtless pictures of both of them.
Or maybe an anchor? Newlin Archinal? Kelly Frey? But I don’t have any shirtless pictures of them.
4. From the PG:
Avril Lavigne stood at center stage last night at the A.J. Palumbo Center in a black tank and black jeans, a pink streak running through bleached blonde hair, and boasted, “I’m the best damn thing that your eyes have ever seen.”
No, Avril, THIS is the best damn thing that my eyes have ever seen.
(h/t to whatever awesome reader sent me that link because the email is gone now. Sorry!)
5. Burgh photographer Mark Bolster has an awesome Pittsburgh photo book for sale in bookstores. This is an ALMOST perfect gift for every Burgh-lover. If you want to make it PERFECT, tuck the next PittGirl shirt inside it and then watch as your loved one opens the book, looks up at you and says, “Who the hell is PittGirl?!”
6. WTAE, realizing that Troysus might be forced to cut his gorgeous mane of hair, has decided to see what Troysus would look like with other people’s hair and my God, Troysus even manages to make Jeff Reed’s hair look half-decent.
Although, Troysus could probably make Strawberry Shortcake’s hair look good.
7. Pens rule! Clinch playoff berth! Sid who?
Just kidding. Don’t write me all pissed, okay?