- March 31, 2008
- filed under Local media, Penguins, Random, Sonni Abatta, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons, Weird Burghers
1. Officially now, I can no longer even SEE the winner of the Sportsocracy March Madness Challenge. I’m that far away, mired in something like 366th place. Here’s Shiny Quarter, sweating it out, worried, wringing his hands, wondering what is PittGirl going to do to his lame ass.
Voodoo? Juju? A wishing well drowning? Bubble gum machine insertion? Bouncy ball machine? Horsey ride at Walmart?
2. If wearing a tie without a shirt underneath, making snow angels without a shirt, or throwing a football without a shirt but with a nice nipple pinch isn’t my idea of fun, it is CERTAINLY my idea of the perfect man’s idea of fun. And if he’s got a white square for a face? Hot.
3. Bobby and Carly have officially started the Fans of PittGirl Facebook group. As it stands now I have four fans. Try not to die from your jealousy. Also, as it stands now:
- Jim Lokay’s group: 52 members, including PittGirl.
- David Conrad’s groups: 34 members, not including PittGirl.
- I Love Sonni Abatta group: 56 members
- Pittsburgh Pirates are the Greatest No Matter What group: 33 members, all of whom I’d like to meet and smack around a little bit. Maybe tase them. I don’t know.
So get cracking. Because if I can’t beat Jim Lokay at that damn bracket crap, at least I can pretend I’m more popular than he is.
4. Did you guys watch the Pens yesterday afternoon? (Pens rule!)
Can I ask? Was it just me, or was Jordan Staal EVERYWHERE in the third period? Normally I don’t notice him because I’m too wrapped up catching glimpses of my other favorites: Malkin, Crosby, Hossa, Sykora. But yesterday, Staal was all up in my face, flashing his number 11 every which way I turned. Stealing pucks, making plays, just being there. Also, here he is without a shirt. Just ’cause.
6. I’m not saying this Steeler fan got what he deserved, but goodness, every member of Steeler Nation knows not to even jokingly insult the person that will be putting your meat between the bun.
If I’m about to order a hamburger and I know that the man that will be preparing my hamburger is a Seattle Seahawks fan, I’m going to do one of two things: 1. Not eat the burger. 2. Tell the cook that while I’m wearing a Steelers jersey, I in fact hate the Steelers and think that they totally stole SuperBowl XL from the Seahawks and I’d sign a petition to that effect if I was asked.
Be smart, people! Don’t eat loogies!
7. An email from reader Shannon:
Just wondering how you feel about the Turtledove..or Dove, if you will. In my opinion, they’re the white collar form of the pigeon. I just wanted your take on them.
Hmm. I’ve never really thought about this because yes, the word dove does connote a white bird, a quiet bird, a wild bird symbolizing peace and hope, a bird that does not peck at me or poop on me or fly low just so it can smell my hair before it pecks at me or poops on me.
Yet, my quick research is telling me that there is no difference between a dove and a pigeon. Just that the dove is basically a white pigeon.
So I say kick those bastards, too.