Random n@.

1. I am NOT going to punk you this April Fool’s Day, I promise. I have never once successfully fooled anyone on April Fool’s day other than the time in high school that I convinced my best friend that George Michael had died. That was before the days of readily available Internet (gasp!) so she had no way of verifying whether or not George Michael had truly died.

2. The Fans of PittGirl group now has 136 members. Somewhere, Jim Lokay is sobbing into his traffic report. But hey, Jim, rest easy because you can bask in the glow of your freakishly successful brackets.

3. John Ratzenberger’s Made in America visits the Cathedral of Learning on Wednesday, April 16 on the Travel Channel. The article is full of great information. I paid particular attention to the names of the pigeon-destroying falcons that live there, Erie and Dorothy. Can I propose to Lukey and City Council that they name April 16, 2008 Erie and Dorothy Day in the City of Pittsburgh?

Also, I discovered the Aviary has a live web-cam on Erie and Dorothy 24/7/365. Hey, how long do you suppose I have to sit here and watch before I get to witness the execution of a pigeon?

(h/t Amanda)

4. Slate breaks down the Buccos of Suckitude and quotes the Post as calling them the “faceless, tasteless Pirates.”

I almost had the urge to defend our Buccos. Almost.

(h/t Woy, Paul and Michael)

5. The next time someone says, “New parents will buy ANYTHING,” you better throw your hands up and shout, “That’s church!”

(h/t Deutschtown Frau who found it here)

1. Lee
    April 1, 2008 10:42 am

I know that you are not playing an April Fools Prank, but I want to point to one that is happening to everyone who roots for the Pirates. They have a winning percentage. APRIL FOOLS! They are giving us hope! Bastards! I am 27. I have been a fan for as long as I cam remember. Guess what, I remember more losing than winning seasons. So for me, to look at the standings and see that they have a winning percentage makes me almost happy. Well that will go away soon enough. Here endth the lesson.

2. blech
    April 1, 2008 11:20 am

My sister-in-law had that wee protector on her gift registery at Babies R Us, as a joke.
    Her cousin gave it to her at the baby shower, and was all like “this is the greatest invention EVER”! giggle giggle giggle.
    We made fun of her for the rest of the shower.
    They aren’t on speaking terms anymore.

3. dr satbir bhullar
    April 1, 2008 12:41 pm

Ok I get it already. You hate pigeons! Get over it! They are here to stay!

4. Stephanique1
    April 1, 2008 1:08 pm

5.) I like the warning, “Due to health reasons, we are unable to accept returns on any opened packages.” NICE.

5. Amanda
    April 1, 2008 1:17 pm

Thanks, PittGirl!

6. Mrs Pitsberger
    April 1, 2008 1:40 pm

#5. R. Kelly needs one of those.

7. Mrs Pitsberger
    April 1, 2008 1:40 pm

or rather, R. Kelly’s girlfriend does.

8. In Sewickley
    April 1, 2008 1:50 pm

Hey PittGirl fans…. join the Fans of PittGirl group on Facebook!! We need to get all you Facebook fans to join!!!!!

April 1, 2008 3:22 pm

hey! that thing in #5 looks like that vagina shield that I invented a few posts ago.

ok, “one step ahead” — you’ll be hearing from my super-tan lawyer jim ecker, bitches!

10. emstef23
    April 1, 2008 3:40 pm

Ok – there maybe the wee protector, but have you seen the PeePee Teepees? Yeah, I got a set of 5 at my baby shower. Cute thought – but totally not practical. Besides, having your baby boy pee on you is like a rite of passage.

11. xena
    April 1, 2008 10:42 pm

Middle-aged PittGirl fan now on Facebook. AARRGGHH. What we do for love of PittGirl.