[screech]

Remember how Dan Onorato went Rambo on the geese? Good times. Good times.

This year they’re promising to try non-lethal methods.

Look, I love animals, I do. Just not those of the bird variety. Or the spider variety. Or the snake variety. Or the screeching howler monkey variety. Or the biting variety. Or the slimy variety with tentacles and suction cup thingys.

Okay. I like dogs and that’s about it. Happy?

So check this quote out:

Appalled animal rights activists picketed County Executive Dan Onorato’s church in protest of the decision last year. “We would just like to point out the moral hypocrisy and we felt that the church was a place to shame him in front of his fellow parishioners,” Lindsay Zurosky, from Voices for Animals of Western Pennsylvania, said.

The moral hypocrisy? The church was the place to shame him?

First, scholarly dudes, tell me, where in the bible does it tell you that you can’t kill animals? Where’s that line that says, “And ye shall not kill the cow to eat the delicious burgers. Ye shall not kill the pigs to put the bacon on the delicious burgers. And most of all, ye shall not kill the geese that overpopulate your parks. Nay. Ye shall just deal with the poop and the snapping, m’kay?”

If I want beef, a cow must die. If I want to sit at the park and not have my lunch or maybe my bike stolen by a giant flock of geese, the geese must be controlled and that might mean that some of them need to die.

Also? Wanting to shame someone in front of their church seems a smidgen judgmental and vengeful.

Ms. Zurosky, that moral high horse you’ve been riding on just reared you off and took off running. Might want to get up off of your ass and chase after it, you hypocrite.

(h/t reader Mike who wrote, “Give me meat or give me death.”)

1. efw_west
    April 1, 2008 11:06 am

meat is murder…..and delicious.

2. pittgirl
    April 1, 2008 11:09 am

HAH! Made me laugh out loud.

3. RavishingRick
    April 1, 2008 11:45 am

Reminds me of someone I know who works for the PG !!!!!

4. cultlord
    April 1, 2008 12:05 pm

I don’t know how they could further shame Onorato.

5. Bram R
    April 1, 2008 1:00 pm

Et tu, PittGirl?

Okay. Maybe … MAYBE … no protests at places of worship anymore. You hear that, everybody?

6. Gunn Lino
    April 1, 2008 1:03 pm

Where, just where are these self righteous shammers when the crazy “collectors” are discovered with 600 dogs and dead turtles in a house so full of poop the fire dept has to pump air inside ?
    Is something like that so much different than whacking a few geese ?
    Why has PETA not been heard on the nut-jobs that accumulate cats to the point that the Humane Society has to be called in from out of state because the locals are so corrupt?
    Geez, pardon me while I take a deep breath and relax a minute before I go off on a mini rant.

7. th3t3chb0y
    April 1, 2008 1:20 pm

All I can say is “AMEN PittGirl!!!”

8. Paul
    April 1, 2008 1:40 pm

Hear that sound? It’s the noise of a thousand Pittsburgh PETA members about to desend on this blog and until you’re forced to admit that animals are people too and their civil rights are just as important as yours.

9. mis
    April 1, 2008 1:56 pm

I think we should host a really nice fancy dinner for the nice PETA members. Stuffed GOOSE!!!
    With bacon of course.
    Hiliarious PG!!

10. mis
    April 1, 2008 2:02 pm

PG – forgive me if you have already posted this previously – but I must ask: Do you live in NY?
    Because someone is killing a mess of pigeons there!

11. Paul
    April 1, 2008 2:12 pm

Two questions pop to mind.

1. Why would anyone describe pigeon killing with such negative terms?

2. Why would you spend effort let alone money trying to stop them?

A world turned upside down I tell you!

MPPBC: 815

12. Tony Napoleone
    April 1, 2008 2:52 pm

H/T for calling out the holy hypocracy! Much needed punture of piety…

My favorite saying on the matter goes, “If The Lord didn’t intend for us to eat animals, he wouldn’t have made them out of meat.”

13. emstef23
    April 1, 2008 3:44 pm

Holy hypocrisy is right. Also, I do believe the bible says something like “judge not lest ye be judged”

14. scottie
    April 1, 2008 4:44 pm

I’m just waiting for the abortion protestors to come in and scream “a goose embryo is still a life!”

15. justretiredguy
    April 1, 2008 6:43 pm

If I remember correctly, a local food bank got something like 500lbs of goose breast from those geese in North Park

16. Still A Fan
    April 1, 2008 7:02 pm

And ye shall not kill the cow to eat the delicious burgers.

hahahahahahahahahaha.

as my man ron white says….”man did not climb to the top of the foodchain to eat carrots”

17. Mitch Cumsteen
    April 1, 2008 10:13 pm

Do you know what they do to those geese?

No, but whatever it is, they’re delicious.

18. Dave
    April 2, 2008 8:45 am

Remember, killing birds just might be the Lord’s work:

19. medgirl
    April 5, 2008 6:16 pm

Geese are dirty, disgusting filthy and they poop all over the yards, sidewalks and grass. How about the PETA lay in the grass and have goose poop sandwiches since they love them so much…

20. Pingback: Soma.