1. I’m over Bryan Adams. Just like that. I mean, I still love the guy and his music and he’s got like 30 slots on my music player and he’s going to keep them, but the obsession has waned. Maybe overkill? I’m just going to sit here and wait for my next obsession to come and get me.
2. Despite what I “Facebook status-ed,” if that’s such a thing, I never wrote yesterday about the Buccos of Suckitude’s opening regular season game, a wild game in which they won in 12 innings after an epic collapse in the ninth inning.
I had planned to write about it. But I just don’t know what to say. Yay? What an exciting mixture of suck and non-suck? Way to play 1.000 ball?
There’s nothing I can get excited about right now because that game was a giant exhibition in everything sucky and everything that could be wonderful about the Buccos.
Look, six games in and we’re still playing 1.000 ball or even .500 ball? Then I might change my tune.
I’m a fair-weather fan, for sure, and as a Buccos fan my whole life, I have earned the right to be a fair-weather fan. This one win is like a split second of sunshine in a 15-year-long Category 5 hurricane. I’m not getting excited until I am in the sun long enough to tan.
Just in case, let’s ask my Facebook Magic 8 Ball if this is finally the year the Buccos right their stinking, sinking ship before it hits Davy Jones’ Locker (which, again, a GREAT WAY TO KILL A PIGEON!).
First try: “As I see it, yes.”
Second try: “Yes. Definitely.”
Third try: “Outlook good.”
Fourth try: “Most likely.”
My Magic 8 ball has hit the crack pipe.
3. So American Idol (If you don’t watch, you can just bloop-bloop-bloop to number 4) and Dolly Parton.
David Cook and his new haircut. Hot. And! He made me like a song about a bird.
Michael Johns impressed me again, and made Dolly Parton fall in love with him.
The Burghers at My Spirit Has Been Broken pretty much wrote what I was thinking about every contestant.
4. Dear hot blond lady in the black Toyota SUV parked alongside Macy’s yesterday afternoon. “No parking or stopping” means, pay attention, NO PARKING OR STOPPING YOUR CAR. It does not mean, “Hey, you hot blond lady. Please feel free to park here while you run into Soup Man for a wrap and some soup to go, forcing buses and cars and bikes to merge from two lanes to one so that they can maneuver around your stupid car which is now creating traffic where there shouldn’t be any frickin’ traffic. God. ”
The rules and signs, you see, were created for everyone, even hot blond ladies.
5. OMG. So last night at the opera, the tenor in Aida got sick and THE CONDUCTOR SANG HIS PART. FROM THE PODIUM! Excuse the rampant capitalization, but I want you to understand HOW EXCITING I FIND THAT! I wish I had been there to witness that. This guy right here, Antony Walker … my new hero.
6. The Fans of PittGirl group is close to 200 members and four awesome photos (none of which is Bigfoot, the wildebeest, the chupacabra, or Chewbacca).