Random n@.

1.  Yes, it’s D-Day as Jeff Verszyla (hey!  I just spelled his name right on the first try all by myself.  Yay, me.) called it during the news last night.  I think the words he put up on the map were, drizzly, dreary, and I don’t know.  Droopy?  Whatever.   My point, Burghers, is take heart!

We get through today and it’s SUNNY DAYS, CHASING THE — CLOUDS AWAAAAAY …

Despite that song snippet and despite my current Facebook status, no, my next obsession is NOT the Muppets.  But yes, Miss Piggy is fierce and yes, I’m thrilled that Jason Segal is writing the next Muppet movie.  I still perfectly and in exact detail remember those Muppets Take Manhattan drinking glasses you could buy at McDonalds way back when we lived in caves and shit.

Muppets rule.

2.  I meant to write a congratulatory post to the Penguins yesterday complete with the awesomest Penguins picture I could find, but alas my searches were fruitless and it fell through the cracks.  PENS RULE!

3. Rest easy.  Troysus’ hair is safe.  Now, about that BEARD.

(h/t Toni)

Also, Troysus and Theodora are hosting the Hill House’s Sugar and Soul event.  If you go, snap pictures and send them to me so I can gauge the beard presence or hopefully non-presence.

(h/t Scott)

4.  Somebody at Someecards knows ALL about the Buccos of Suckitude (who by the way are now playing .667 ball.  I have nothing more to say about that.)

(h/t Allison)

5.  Professor Pausch continues the fight and will be the subject of a one-hour Diane Sawyer special titled “The Last Lecture: A Love Story for Your Life” which will air at 10 p.m., Wednesday, April 9.  You can catch a preview here and you can preview his book, here.

(h/t Addie)

6.  I’ve checked into Burgh Baby in the past and just today added it to my reader because HOLY SHIT did this post make me laugh until I cried.

My favorite line:

Here’s the best part of the description: “Soothing to a fussy baby, it can monitor your child’s temperature every five minutes for up to 25 minutes. Plays a gentle lullaby when fever exceeds 99.5 degrees.” Yep, nothing says soothing like, “HOLY CRAP! There’s music coming out of my mouth! Oh, it stopped. Wait, it’s back! WHY IS THERE MUSIC COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?”

But the entire post is hilarious and seriously, those products.  How long before people just start bubble-wrapping their babies up?

Insanity.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LET THE KIDS BE!

1. rose
    April 4, 2008 8:58 am

1. dismal.

2. Frank
    April 4, 2008 9:13 am

I KNOW! When I was a kid, playground equipment was metal, sharp, and when you fell you were usually padded by concrete, or if you were lucky, you’d get a splinter in your butt from wood chips.

We also had to walk uphill to school…both ways…

April 4, 2008 10:05 am

Look at Monday … so who’s going to the opener with me? Anybody? Anybody?

Donnie Iris sings the anthem, Houserockers play after.

NOW who’s going with me? Any a yinz? Any a yinz?

4. xena
    April 4, 2008 10:26 am

Yes, the dream kitchen, with a plastic urinal.

The bed bolster, however, is just like what is used in my mother’s assisted living community for dementia patients. I have idea why it works, but it keeps her from rolling out of bed. So far.

5. Puma
    April 4, 2008 10:40 am

I miss Jarts.

6. TC
    April 4, 2008 11:55 am

Miss Piggy riding the motorcycle through the stained glass window? Best. McDonald’s Glass. Ever.

7. BBM
    April 4, 2008 3:57 pm

I get stuck in meetings all day with no Internet access and what happens? You rock my world! Thanks for the love.

8. chrys
    April 4, 2008 10:08 pm

love Burgh Baby!!!! One of the funniest blogs..

9. chrys
    April 4, 2008 10:09 pm

oops..next to the Burgh Blog, pittgirl!!!! I love you too!!!

10. lin
    April 5, 2008 8:46 am

I am the only ‘burgh child born in 1956 to have survived to adulthood, by my reckoning, and in retrospect I see what a miracle it was.

Nothing in our home was child-proofed (“No!” and a smack on the hand having sufficed), my horribly abusive parents provided no padded and belted carseat (there were no seatbelts at all in our red and white Ford station wagon), no Volkswagen-sized baby stroller (once I could walk, I was expected to walk), no kneepads nor helmets except when I pilfered my brother’s football helmet and tried to get into the neighborhood boys’ game.

11. nascarlady
    April 5, 2008 6:06 pm

i agree with lin…i survived the 60’s without a carseat, safety helmets and I drank suger soda and i have all of my own teeth, and in good shape too! My mother did not keep me out of the sun, in from the cold and let me play outside except when it was lightning…i made it too! YIPEE!!!