1. Yes, it’s D-Day as Jeff Verszyla (hey! I just spelled his name right on the first try all by myself. Yay, me.) called it during the news last night. I think the words he put up on the map were, drizzly, dreary, and I don’t know. Droopy? Whatever. My point, Burghers, is take heart!
We get through today and it’s SUNNY DAYS, CHASING THE — CLOUDS AWAAAAAY …
Despite that song snippet and despite my current Facebook status, no, my next obsession is NOT the Muppets. But yes, Miss Piggy is fierce and yes, I’m thrilled that Jason Segal is writing the next Muppet movie. I still perfectly and in exact detail remember those Muppets Take Manhattan drinking glasses you could buy at McDonalds way back when we lived in caves and shit.
2. I meant to write a congratulatory post to the Penguins yesterday complete with the awesomest Penguins picture I could find, but alas my searches were fruitless and it fell through the cracks. PENS RULE!
3. Rest easy. Troysus’ hair is safe. Now, about that BEARD.
Also, Troysus and Theodora are hosting the Hill House’s Sugar and Soul event. If you go, snap pictures and send them to me so I can gauge the beard presence or hopefully non-presence.
4. Somebody at Someecards knows ALL about the Buccos of Suckitude (who by the way are now playing .667 ball. I have nothing more to say about that.)
5. Professor Pausch continues the fight and will be the subject of a one-hour Diane Sawyer special titled “The Last Lecture: A Love Story for Your Life” which will air at 10 p.m., Wednesday, April 9. You can catch a preview here and you can preview his book, here.
6. I’ve checked into Burgh Baby in the past and just today added it to my reader because HOLY SHIT did this post make me laugh until I cried.
My favorite line:
Here’s the best part of the description: “Soothing to a fussy baby, it can monitor your child’s temperature every five minutes for up to 25 minutes. Plays a gentle lullaby when fever exceeds 99.5 degrees.” Yep, nothing says soothing like, “HOLY CRAP! There’s music coming out of my mouth! Oh, it stopped. Wait, it’s back! WHY IS THERE MUSIC COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?”
But the entire post is hilarious and seriously, those products. How long before people just start bubble-wrapping their babies up?
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LET THE KIDS BE!