Maybe you didn’t know either.

I knew Mario had a foundation. I knew Mario fought Hodgkin’s and won. I knew Mario is one of the most awesome Burghers EVER! But I did not know that you could get a Mario Lemieux license plate for a $66 donation to his foundation!

Not to go all Wendy Bell on you but, how frickin’ cool is that?, as the great hot one would say.

If I get a Mario Lemieux Foundation license plate and brand it with PttGrl, will I give myself away?

If the license plate isn’t your thing, you can get these cool blue t-shirts to show your support of Mario and his work on behalf of sick kids.

Go check them out.

And, you guys, if you see a hot chick tearing down the Parkway singing Summer of ’69 at the top of her lungs in a SUV with bloody pigeon carcasses stuck in the grill, and a PttGrl branded Mario Lemieux license plate, TOTALLY NOT ME!

(h/t Schuyler Kidd)

1. BIGGEORGE
    April 8, 2008 10:55 am

Mario needs to make them in large sizes.
    4x, 5x, 6x etc so the big guys of Pittsburgh can advertise it for him.

by advertise I mean I have the back of
    a small billboard. Great for adverts. ;-D

2. pittgirl
    April 8, 2008 11:04 am

BIGGEORGE,

Do you have a PittGirl shirt?! ;)

3. John
    April 8, 2008 3:13 pm

Mario definitely needs to have a Big & Tall shirt made for his BFF Mark Madden. :)

4. Brian
    April 9, 2008 8:05 am

Still a Fan, what happens if they win a sixth? A seventh? My God, an eighth?! Will you update? :-)

And while we’re all talking big and tall sizes, can a dude who wears a men’s small get a little help by being able to find shirts of his favorite sports team in his size? And I mean actual small-sized shirts, not these huge smalls that are actually mediums (or even large). Pens win the Atlantic, and can I find a shirt? No. Steelers win the Super Bowl, and I have to buy a fucking medium. I had to order Pirates and Pitt shirts online to get smalls, and they didn’t fit like smalls. Grr. Hate.

5. Mia`
    April 9, 2008 10:22 am

Brian, have you tried the kids section? XL kids perhaps? Just a thought.

6. Brian
    April 9, 2008 10:36 am

Hey Mia. Yeah, the only thing is the XLs are too wide and a little bit short. I tried, but thanks for the help. I guess sports teams don’t like skinny dudes.

7. Still A Fan
    April 9, 2008 7:50 pm

brian,

it will be money well spent to change the plate for #6

it’s only $20

heck, i’d pay $200

i live in the philly area and its superb to be sitting at a light and notice when somebody figures it out behind me.

8. Brian
    April 10, 2008 7:27 am

Still a Fan,

Too bad it’s too many letters, but it would rule to have a plate like MCNABBVOMITINHUDDLE. Yeah, way too many letters.