- April 8, 2008
- filed under Celebrity sightings, Downtown happenings, Famous Burghers, Hot Burghers, Pirates, The Damn Pigeons
1. Okay, at the request of several readers, I succumbed to the insanity that is Twitter. I’m not very proud of me and I’m very not proud of HOW ADDICTIVE IT IS.
It’s like Dunkin Donuts coffee mixed with Starbuck’s crack crystals and the magic dust of Sonic topped with a sprinkling of the sweat of Bryan Adams. I’m so screwed. I’m going to go Twitter about just how screwed I am.
2. The Buccos of Suckitude fell below .500 ball yesterday during their home opener in which they sucked, then didn’t suck, then sucked again, resulting in a loss in extra innings. Quoting Facebook friend Leo again, “Epic fail.” Or you can quote me: EPIC SUCK.
3. I’m tired of my blog’s banner or whatever you call that picture doo-hickey up there. I’m going to work on a new one as soon as a big chunk of time gives up and dies in my lap.
4. There is no buckshot. Yet.
5. Reader DDsMom wrote:
Thought I’d send this link to you. I’m sure others will, too, but it just goes to show all birds are evil. They are all Satan’s winged, beaked and, in this case, taloned minions. That’s why when I go to the zoo here and my son wants to go into the little bird aviary thingy, I have to have him go in with someone else. It’s also why I say a little cheer every time I find bird feathers, a stray bird head or even a set of little birdy feet scattered about my yard. It means the cat is doing her job.
(also h/t to Zach)
6. Star Warries (what the heck do we call the people that love Star Wars? Trekkies love Star Trek, _________ love Star Wars) of the Burgh, and ladies of the Burgh with a set of eyes that can recognize the hot.
On April 9, Carnegie Mellon University will induct four robots into the Robot Hall of Fame® at a ceremony at Carnegie Science Center and announce the Science Center as the new home of the Hall of Fame beginning in spring 2009.
The ceremony, featuring actors Anthony Daniels, Zachary Quinto and Mark Hamill, will highlight the contributions and significance of the new inductees – the Raibert Hopper, NavLab 5, LEGO® Mindstorms and the fictional Lt. Cmdr. Data.
Daniels, who played C-3PO in all six “Star Wars” movies, will serve as master of ceremonies with Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker in “Star Wars,” “Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back,” and “Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.”
Zachary Quinto, a Carnegie Mellon alumnus, who will play Spock in the upcoming Star Trek movie, will accept the award on behalf of Lt. Cmdr. Data.
You got that? C-3PO, Luke Skywalker, and Zachary Quinto, all in one place.
You may not know this, but Luke Skywalker was totally my boyfriend when I was ten and stayed my boyfriend right up until I “married” David Conrad, Matt Lamanna, and Daniel Sepulveda. Just look at those eyes, screaming out, “PittGirl, my love.”
Say it with me: Stalk-O-Meters set to STUN and SELF-UNITE.