- April 11, 2008
- filed under David Conrad, Matt Lamanna, Mayor Ravenstahl, Penguins, Pirates, Random, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. Re: American Idol. Michael Johns?! Michael Johns?! WTF? I call shenanigans.
2. Pensblog, which I’ve just recently started reading and really enjoying the heck out of, has 1,000 WWGRD bracelets ready to be sold for $5 each. What would Gary Roberts do? He’d buy a bracelet and shoot it at the eyeball of Wade Redden.
4. Search terms just yesterday that landed on my blog:
“Who is PittGirl, please.”
“PittGirl, Will you marry me?”
Is that you, Matt Lamanna?
5. Speaking of the Pens again, Lukey was too busy dealing with the Sirk/Ford fallout to enter into a wager with Ottowa’s mayor.
6. I recently began reading the story of Burgher Adam Frey, a 22-year-old wrestler at Cornell University who is now back in the Burgh as a patient at the Hillman Center fighting and writing about his fight against a rare form of testicular cancer. I about peed my pants when I read his account of going to the sperm bank WITH HIS MOTHER!
And everyone knew what I was doing because I had to carry my little test tube the whole way. So, I get into the room, and the whole time I am thinking, now my mother knows. All men know that the last person they want finding out, or even hinting at it is their mother. I lasted 22 years without a hitch. And my mom’s words of encouragement “Ok hunny, go do what you have to do and make sure you do not miss the tube.” So, you could see why I was a “little tense.”
Awkward! The story is even better from there.
7. Najeh Davenport may have been guilty of pooping in a closet, but he was acquitted on the charges of domestic battery. Now he can focus his attention on his sad-looking clothing store on Fifth Avenue.
The Pirates today signed Craig Wilson, a first baseman and outfielder in their organization for nearly a decade until 2006, to a minor-league contract. He will be assigned to Class AAA Indianapolis.
Wilson, 31, had arthroscopic surgery on his right shoulder in June, costing him the remainder of the season. He signed a minor-league deal with the Cincinnati Reds this offseason, but was cut early in spring training when failing a physical.
You see what’s happening here? When we run out of suck and need more suck, we go back and find our old suck and we hire back that suck despite the fact that no one else wants the old suck because the old suck is a sick, injured, useless suck.
God help us.
9. A full-color, 32-page comic book called “Pigeons From Hell.”
Set in the deep south, Pigeons tells the story of a damned house with a wicked past whose vile form casts a shadow of death on all who dare to enter. At dusk, as the sun slumps below the horizon, scores of pigeons can be seen flocking from the house in waning sunlight. The pigeons, they say, are the souls of the damned escaping from the very bowels of Hell itself.
“They say.” Who says? PITTGIRL SAYS! I’d buy this and read it but you know? I don’t need to have nightmares about David Conrad and I being attacked by pigeons in Soldiers and Sailors Hall.