Random n’at

1. Last night was the occasion of a kickass dinner party with some of the funniest people in my life.  Swear to God at one point I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair.  That is a great dinner party when you find yourself sprawled on the floor in hysterics.  Over a conversation about cupcakes.

Shut up, the fresh margaritas had nothing to do with me falling to the floor laughing about cupcakes.  Because right now I am hours and hours removed from those margaritas and I’m still laughing about the cupcakes.

2.  Wow.  Is that dude ever white.

3.  The guy on the left is my hero.  The lady in pink got what she deserved for feeding the frickin’ pigeons.

God.

I hope it took her weeks to get the stink of pigeon out of her hair.

4.  Three Craigslist What the Effies:

a.  This has got to be the “no in me, no in you, yes in me, yes in you” guy.  Also, “lie energy” and “kindlove”  are not real things.

b.  And I don’t think ANY of these things are real things.

Chemical Entheogens? Erisian Discordiasm? Ordo Templi Orientis? Sex Magick? Vedic Tradition?

Sounds to me like all of the necessary ingredients for Freak Stew.

c.  WTF is going on over there in Rants and Raves?

5.  So I’m working on the PittGirl Lexicon as a page to the blog — a sort of glossary to help new readers understand my weird way of labeling shit and to get them all caught up on the story thus far.  As CurtO wrote, you may not realize it, but the Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross are the same person.  Besides, I need a place to collect all of my nicknames for Jeff Skippy Skeeve Foul Dwarf Slut Loving Reed.

6.  Holy crap.

Mr. Buckles was arrested Friday on charges that, in February, he logged into an Internet chat room and propositioned what he believed was a 14-year-old girl. The “girl” was an undercover agent for the attorney general.

In messages to the agent, Mr. Buckles warned that people in the chat room would “try and trick ya. I’m an honest perv — I’m up front about it.”

There is no hope.  Also, doesn’t “Mr. Buckles” sound like a scary clown?

7.  Know what I am loving?  That on the radio station formerly known as WLTJ Lite FM 92.9. but now known as The K, or The P, or The Q, or The H E Double Hockey Sticks, that after every craptastic song they play, a soothing voice pops on and tells you the name of the artist and the crappy song.  Every single song!

That rules.  I wish every station did that.

8.  Is it almost time for another Pens game yet?

1. curtO.
    April 21, 2008 9:46 am

Hey now…an unwarranted plug by PittGirl…This is going to be the BEST day EVER…

I think I’m a little optimistic since I had a great weekend…hope your’s was too PG.

cO.

2. Pensgirl
    April 21, 2008 10:31 am

4c. PG, no wonder you’ve been able to keep your identity secret, what with being able to morph into four different nun personas!

6. I actually thought “cat,” but freaky scary nasty-ass clown works too.

8. So close, but so far away.

3. Bulldog
    April 21, 2008 10:45 am

I too like that the “soothing” voice popped on with the title of the song and the artist’s name for the first 10 minutes or I so until it became readily apparent that another part of their format change was to can their live DJs which totally sucked. There was no warning of the switch that I ever heard, just one Monday morning when I realized that Gary & Beth (and Amy the traffic girl) would no longer be around to help start the day.

Nope, just another radio station succumbing to the fully computerized, budget-friendly, commercialism of corporate FM Radio. It was like when I went to South Dakota recently and heard the exact same “Bob FM” with the exact same commercials on the TV. One size fit all, etc.

First the corporations will make all radio stations nothing more than computer-generate broadcast iPods then I suppose they’ll come for the blogs.

4. Dawn
    April 21, 2008 10:49 am

PG… we have to talk….

You have just guaranteed that I will have night terrors for the next few weeks by placing that image of pure horror and soul sucking scarriness on this post. I go to my Reader, click on “The Burgh Blog” and scream loud enough to make my small office freak out. I’m severely caulrophibic! Your recent post about ghosts is how I feel about clowns… amplified by 10.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to have to go have a stiff drink for lunch to try and forget that picture…

5. RavishingRick
    April 21, 2008 11:37 am

4C
    OOOOHHHH Shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Mrs Pitsberger
    April 21, 2008 11:46 am

WTF, PG!?! Is it your mission to make me cry, curl up in a fetal position and pee my pants? Cause if it is, mission accomplished!!

7. RavishingRick
    April 21, 2008 11:54 am

4c
    I liked the one with the chimp and the type writer

8. MiamiShyner
    April 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Um, I didn’t have a fear of clowns until possibly today.

4b. Really? You don’t know what any of them are? I’m legitimately not a nutcase and I recognized many of them. Time to get spiritual, PG! Use the nun persona if you have to. :-)

9. Sue
    April 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Jeez, that is the scariest clown I think I’ve ever seen! Where is that from?

10. justretiredguy
    April 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Mr. Buckles. Sounds like a high school gym teacher, or somebody seriously into restraints.

11. Magnus Patris
    April 21, 2008 3:24 pm

My parents owned a bar in Beaver County. When I was a kid, I’m talking about 5 or 6, one of the regulars came in on a Saturday in full clown regalia on his way to do a kids party. He sat down, ordered two shots of C.C., pulled off his big red nose, gulped both shots down, said “That’ll help me deal with the little bastards!”, stuck his nose back on and left. I shat myself. I don’t like clowns.

12. Sooska
    April 21, 2008 3:37 pm

PG, I HATE clowns!!!!!!!
    1. Aren’t you concerned that your dinner party cohorts will squeal on you and your ID? Won’t they read you and say HEY I can out her, I can bribe her to continue to give me cupcakes and rum, I can…Are cupcake eaters who are margarita drinkers trustworthy? Or are they unread, misinfomed, unhip, unplugged slugs who DON’T read you and from whom you are safe? Which is worse?
    4 c the picture of the person covered with pigeons sitting on blanket at the park. That’s me and any of bees, locusts, seagulls and any other flying or crawling vermin. GAWD.
    5 and 8: You may add “Fresh Prince of Skeeve” to apply to our dear Sidney and his playoff “beard.” (I HATE saying that.) You are welcome. Without the beard of course, he is His Own Awesome Wonderfulness.
    6. Mr. Buckles? as in belt buckles? ewwwwwwww and eys he sounds like a clown. I HATE clowns. ALL clowns are scary. ALL clowns are pervs. upfront or not.

13. Eileen
    April 21, 2008 4:01 pm

Year’s age when my son was 3 or 4 he was at a neighbor’s house and the kid’s stupid ass mother let them watch Stephen King’s “IT”.
    I swear, it changed his whole personality. The poor kid wouldn’t leave the house for weeks. I ended up taking him to a psychologist. I was so furious. The longer he took to get over it, the madder I got.
    Who in their right mind lets 3 and 4 year olds watch a movie about a clown who eats kids?
    My son who is now a 6’7 23 year old still gets creeped out when he sees a clown. And his brothers take every advantage of that.
    It took me years to get over guilt of letting him go there.

14. Brother Anthony
    April 21, 2008 4:09 pm

That’s one frightening clown. No, horrifying. But the eyes are somewhat hypnotizing… calling me… in………

15. Michelle