Crazy versus Drunk

Whoa.

Dr. David Wielechowski and his bride, Christa, exchanged vows at a ceremony on Saturday. According to Ross Township police, the Wielechowskis had just checked into the Holiday Inn in Ross Township on their wedding night when they began to argue.

KDKA’s Ross Guidotti reports that authorities say David Wielechowski allegedly used a karate-style kick with his leg, knocking his wife to the floor.

Meanwhile, officials say two other hotel guest, Joseph Vacca and Richard Dovi, went to help the new Mrs. Wielechowski. Authorities say all four got into a fight, and ended up in the hotel elevator heading down to the first floor. According to the criminal complaint, once on the first floor, the bride and groom picked up metal planters and threw them at Vacca and Dovi.

Officials say during the brawl, Vacca knocked out a tooth, suffered a cut to his face and also has a possible broken thumb, and Dovi suffered a minor laceration on his chin.

Thoughts:

1. What makes a man look at his bride, newly his, still wearing her wedding dress and say, “I must beat the shit out of her — Chuck Norris style and I must do it now”?

2. He’s a dentist. Couldn’t he afford better than the Holiday Inn?

3. Will the tuxedo shop take that tux back? Would you like to get married in the Chuck Norris Dentist’s cursed tuxedo?

4. How/Why did the fight get into the elevator? Were the good Samaritans trying to flee when the bride and groom jumped into the elevator with them to finish the fight? Did the bride and groom jump in the elevator to leave and the good Samaritans jumped in behind them to try to continue to be good samaritans?

5. There’s being a good Samaritan and then there is being really really stupid. Once they turned on you, you should have realized that the Crazy had overtaken the Drunk and really, you can’t reason with Crazy like you sometimes can with Drunk.

6. If this is your dentist … is he STILL your dentist? How do you look him in the face? I’ll tell you, you look him in the face and say, “So what did she do to make you try to beat the shit out of her Chuck Norris style?”

7. Chuck Norris don’t beat up women. Women beat up other women for Chuck Norris.

1. Heidi
    April 28, 2008 10:54 am

I’d want my check back if I was a guest at that wedding. Losers.

April 28, 2008 11:12 am

looking at the pix, I’d say that SHE chuck norris’d the shit out of HIM.

what’s the lesson here? if you see a bride and groom exchanging karate-style kicks and haymakers, leave them the f*** alone.

3. Judge Rufus Peckham
    April 28, 2008 11:13 am

“2 He’s a dentist. Couldn’t he afford better than the Holiday Inn?”

Brilliant line.

4. spoon
    April 28, 2008 11:41 am

Seriously, why isn’t that fight on you tube already?

Some of my guests stayed there for our wedding since the north blows for hotel selection (besides some whore houses on 65). The mrs. spoon and I played it smart and stayed downtown at the Hilton.

We found out from people in our party that Ross police were called multiple times to break up another wedding being held there. Cops found underage drinking, pot smoking and broke up fights. Our guests were just drunk :)

Honestly, it’s a nice looking hotel but the management and the staff were jagoffs. We laugh everytime we drive by it.

5. Sooska
    April 28, 2008 11:57 am

Oh PittGirl- Here’s what happened: he’s a Steeler season ticket holder. Groom just told Bride no, as wife she does not now have dibs on the second ticket. His BFF, brother, dad, cousin, still go to the games before she does. She stays home. He was thinking, like Dan Rooney, it had a worth while purpose and a greater good, so he decided to kick the shit out of her. (so in togetherness they then turned on the 2 guys who tried to help her.)

6. A Model Citizen
    April 28, 2008 12:03 pm

“4. How/Why did the fight get into the elevator?”
    Is it just me, or do you picture a Loony Tunes cartoon-style fight? I picture a large could of dust-arms & legs flashing out-rolling into the elevator, going down a floor then rolling out…

7. PittDude
    April 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Cursed crazy groom tux. LMAO

Saw this in the PG and couldn’t wait to read about it here. This is classic. Wonder if they’re related to the other folks out further north who had a big wedding smash vs. bash awhile ago. Nothing brings a newly married unconsumated couple together like havin’ some other jagoffs jump into the middle of your situation LOL.

From McKnightmare and Seibert all of the downtown hotels are literally 5-10 min drive away. Guess they knew where they wanted that first night rumble to be he he he.

8. KGC
    April 28, 2008 12:11 pm

I have 9 months on the over/under as to how long this marriage lasts.

9. Brian
    April 28, 2008 12:15 pm

What total assholes.

10. Invisi-Gal
    April 28, 2008 1:06 pm

Who gets to keep the Tiffany punch bowl?

11. Mean Gene
    April 28, 2008 1:19 pm

Hey, my wedding reception was held at the Holiday Inn on McKnight! And that’s where we stayed that night as well. They did a very nice job, everyone said the food was good and the staff was fine. Of course, we were divorced about three years later, so maybe it was all their fault.

A friend of mine went to a wedding there a year later and two separate wedding parties got into a full-scale brawl during some post-reception drinking at the bar. I believe that also ended up in the news as well. Guess there’s lots of just-below-the-surface rage that bubbles up when people visit the North Hills.

12. deebee
    April 28, 2008 1:23 pm

I guess I’ll check my son’s prom tux for blood stains!

13. Woy
    April 28, 2008 1:26 pm

This is the kind of stuff that happens in my old hood, yo.

14. parking chair
    April 28, 2008 1:51 pm

PittGirl,

I hope this goes to show you that Craigslist personals really do work!

15. Rusty from Findlay
    April 28, 2008 1:54 pm

This is why we had cake and punch at our wedding, and left early to go to a distant hotel for……. you know. Anybody who wanted to get drunk could do it on their own dime.

Worked out really well. And I don’t think I have ever been that drunk, or that mean, or tha stupid, or…..

16. Mrs Pitsberger
    April 28, 2008 3:00 pm

At least nobody drove a truck through the lobby of the Holiday Inn.

17. Angie
    April 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Hilarious. You crack me up. I was going to put this story on my face book, but I am just gonna link to you. I can’t touch it. Your too funny!!!

18. Dawn
    April 28, 2008 3:07 pm

One word: “Horrifying.”

19. Doug
    April 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Marriage is a sacred trust between a man and a woman. Could a same-sex couple really bring any more shame on the sanctity of it all??

20. pittgirl
    April 28, 2008 3:53 pm

A Model Citizen, Sooska, and Parking Chair, HAH!
    Mrs. Pitsberger, true that.

21. Ms. Caroline
    April 28, 2008 3:54 pm

I love that you have encouraged people to use Chuck Norris as a verb.

22. Frmrburgher
    April 28, 2008 4:41 pm

This is why I miss Pittsburgh. BTW, did Dr. Phil pay the bail?

23. Lynne
    April 28, 2008 5:45 pm

It’s really nice that it appears that the bride spent the night in jail in her wedding dress!

I used to work as a bartender at that Holiday Inn, a long time ago….

24. Gunn Lino
    April 28, 2008 6:57 pm

Whoever it was dinged this dipshit a good one to the eye, that really had to hurt, and I don’t think he’ll be doing any root canals soon with only one eye to work with.

25. justretiredguy
    April 28, 2008 7:16 pm

I’m guessing they shouldn’t have been mixing the booze and the pharmaceuticals. Him being a dentist and all.

26. no name
    April 28, 2008 7:35 pm

ok to set the record straight- as a LOYAL reader of this site and I am all for making fun of the situation- but here is the REAL story from someone who has known them for years and lives with people who were at the wedding (and was out with them AFTER) and also straight from the couple.
    Dave kicked “the bride” in the butt because she was joking around and stopped in front of him. she was drunk and fell and was laughing so this lady comes out of her room having a shit fit because they were being loud. so Christa told her to go back in the room so the lady kept yelling and Christa was yelling and the “Good Samaritans” came around the corner and THAT was when stuff got worse. The “Good Samaritans” were drunk coming from a different wedding. Dave and christa were coming from their RECEPTION, not their wedding. They’ve been married for a month. and they were staying at the hotel because they went to a bar after the reception near by with some of the guests. The media has this SO blown out of proportion like they do with anything else and the internet is just feeding into it. I love dave and christa and I hope people just leave them alone. I know I will get shit for defending them, but I wouldn’t be considered a friend if I just let it all go.

27. mis
    April 28, 2008 8:54 pm

gives a new meaning to ‘wham, bam, thank you m’am’ doesn’t it?

28. Shibori
    April 28, 2008 9:18 pm

Well Rusty, technically they had cake and punch as well…

“Vacca knocked out a tooth”
    I guess if you’re going to lose a tooth at a wedding fight, the dentist’s wedding is the place to do it.

29. Heidi
    April 28, 2008 9:57 pm

no name:

Are they still together? If so, I’m thinking a relocation is in their future. It’s good of you to set the record straight.

30. no name
    April 29, 2008 6:46 am

heidi:
    yes they are. the judge was going to order them apart but they said no.

31. Geeo
    April 29, 2008 8:48 am

I’m sure they’re deeply in love. It’s that kind of white trash love that you can’t describe.

32. Kelli
    April 29, 2008 9:20 am

I was not fascinated by this until I saw the actual film of the bride leaving jail in her wedding dress. And she whimpers and begs for them to not film her.

Priceless.

And if she would have just had some dignity and held her head high, silently leaving the jail, it wouldn’t have been nearly as fascinating. I mean, I’m sure most of us just watched to see how much more of her dignity she could give away.

And whimpering coming out of jail was probably giving away the last of it.

33. BagitTagit
    April 29, 2008 10:41 am

I see how it is…

Tryin to steal the “Western-PA-Goes-Primetime-News Spotlight”.

Listen… until the bride takes her prosthetic leg off and BEATS HIM with it… yinz North-Hillers got NOTHIN on Irwin baby…

NHT in the Hizzie!

34. Caryn
    April 29, 2008 1:27 pm

No Name – Setting aside your bias for one moment and assuming everything you’ve said is true, then how on earth do the fun-loving couple end up in the elevator fighting the two drunk dudes, and witnesses say the just-joking lovers then hurled planters at the drunk troublemakers. Hmmm….I’m thinkin’ that when two drunk a**holes intervene, you get your room keys out and quickly make an exit OR you get your cell phone and call 911. You do not brawl them into and out of a elevator. If dragged into the elevator, you then cry for help (hit the alarm button) and then run for the front desk/security when those doors open. You do not fling planters about. Just an observation. But I’m SURE they are sweet, productive citizens. AND if he were my dentist/endodontist, I would SOOO be seeking referrals for a new one – I mean how could keep from laughing while he is peering down your throat? And who kicks their bride/lover in the butt hard enought to knock her on her face? I mean really!

35. BagitTagit
    April 29, 2008 2:24 pm

Caryn, Caryn, Caryn…

Y’aint from round here, is ya?

36. JMarz
    April 30, 2008 10:17 am

Does the Chuck Norris dentist remove teeth by kicking them out?

37. medgirl
    May 1, 2008 6:39 pm

sorry guys….they really really outdid the truck through the tent. C’mon, this was both the man and the woman…
    a woman in her wedding dress…..drunken souses!

38. medgirl
    May 20, 2008 5:06 pm

Hey mrs pitsberger;

How about we drive a truck through your livingroom since you are so vocal about an old old old event.