1. Do not ask me why, but in a mood for a funny book, I picked up a copy of George Carlin’s latest book, When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? at Target (or as we pronounce it in my giant family “Tar-jay” or sometimes “Oshikuru”, but that’s a story for another time — a story involving my nephew, the letter O, and Two and a Half Men.)
If you can get past the sacrilege of some portions of it, and if you can get past the sometimes shocking suggestions and opinions he throws out there in the name of satire, the book will have you laughing quite a bit. Last night, his little section about how it pisses him off when he hears casual cell phone conversations, when in fact he feels that cell phones should be used for times when the conversation will start with things like, “Hey, Joe. Listen. My pants are on fire…” –I swear I pulled a muscle laughing at it.
Next I’m reading Walking in Circles Before Lying Down. Hope that’s good, too.
2. You know how I feel about the kids, but I’d be lying if I said that this site that reader Jake forwarded me didn’t make me LOL. My favorite critique of the kids’ artwork was, “Ding. Ding. Here comes the shit-mobile.”
Hah! I don’t care who you are, that’s just funny.
3. Reader Brenna forwarded me a link to his YouTube video 125 Years of Pittsburgh Sports and as a Burger present or former, you will love it.
It made me miss Bill Cowher a little bit. Okay, a lot.
4. Hockey. Pittsburgh versus Philadelphia. Seeing as Philadelphia is a seething pot of gross filth and loserdom, and Pittsburgh, despite the smog, is forever a bright shining winning light, I’m thinking we’re going all the way this year.
Also, if Woy ever posts Part Two of the PittGirl interview, I believe there’s a little something something in there about Philadelphia.
5. If you’re wondering why I haven’t posted about Pittsburgh overtaking LA for the worst air in the nation, it’s because I refuse to believe it is true. I have a friend that went to college in LA and the smog burned a hole in her lung. Okay? A HOLE IN HER LUNG.
Pittsburgh worse than LA? [hands over ears] La-la-la-la-lah. I can’t hear you. [cough]
6. My minions have posted some pretty awesome pictures over at The Fans of PittGirl Facebook page. Photos such as:
7. Wait, that’s not church. A reporter in St. Louis says forget Jennifer Love Hewitt. It’s David Conrad that brings the sexy.
Now THAT is church.
8. If you Google “David Conrad” I am the 19th listing to pop up. Not good enough. I want David to Google himself and be immediately smacked between the eyeballs with the words “The Burgh Blog.”
9. Downloaded to Diggory Ormerod Coveney this weekend — Blind Melon, Trisha Yearwood, Dixie Chicks, Aleks Syntek, Reba (don’t be a hater just because you’re not as insanely cool as me). Enough songs to crap him out and max him out. Obviously, Diggory will be replaced soon with a newer, larger, more thugalicious model capable of handling the crap music I listen to.