Random n’at.

1. So much to write about today, and yet so little time. Coming up today (hopefully) a Buccos of Suckitude post, a Pittsburgh Passion post, a “What are they feeding kids these days?!” post, and an OMG, YOUR KID WAS A CRIMINAL … ACCEPT IT! post.

It will be brought.

2. Did you guys see Burgh Baby’s Mom in her Mommy Blog interview with Ashley DiParlo, hereforetoforeverthereafter known as The Hawtness (tm Burgh Baby’s Mom)?

3. How long until the men of The Pittsburgh Men’s Blogging Society chime in with a “WAH! What about the DADDY BLOGGERS?! Wah! No fair! Girls get all the attention. Wah!”

Pout some more, why don’t you? Girls rule.

4. You know I love those boys over at The Society, but they have big giant buttons that are so very fun to push with abandon. Know what I’d like to see? Some sort of competition between the women of The Pittsburgh Women’s Blogging Society and the men of The Stupid Boys Society. Tug of War, softball, thumb-wrestling, Guitar Hero, Parcheesi, anything! I’d love to see a fight break out between, say, The Judge and Agent Ska. Make it happen.

5. That adorable baby up there is actually reader Barb’s grandson Quintan. How awesome is he? I want to hug him and rub my nose on his cheeks.

6. Want to have a good freakout, the kind of freakout that you get when you see scary baby dolls with no faces? Sure you do. Go take a look at these ManBabies that Rachel sent to me, writing:

I’m not sure why, PittGirl, but something about this site made me think of you. And by “think of you” I mean “discover another possible method of freaking you out a little bit.”

Gold star for Rachel, because the list of things PittGirl is irrationally afraid of now goes like so: spiders, cats, howler monkeys, clowns, scientologists, dolls/mannequins, and manbabies.

7. Douche.

(h/t Arika)

8. Did you know that Lady Elaine Freakin’ Demon Fairchilde is 35-years-old and wanted to get busy with Mr. Rogers? According to her MySpace, it is true.

Check it out and be sure to read her bio. “Hollah! Where’s my damn wig at!?”

HAH!

(h/t Beth)

1. Woy
    May 9, 2008 8:32 am

Having lived in Philly for three years, that Craiglist ad sums up the culture there pretty nicely.

Oh, and it’s the only place that when it rains it makes gravy.

2. lolo
    May 9, 2008 8:51 am

RE: Craigslist arse. I wonder if this person was really proud of themselves after posting their “ad”? They live on the other side of PA, yet can’t spell Pittsburgh correctly and have the gall to pick on OUR slang terms? Does he drink ‘worter’ from his ‘terlit’ or what? Yo dumbaii, I dated a Philly boy, and I know how yinz talk ‘n at….

3. Miss Lee
    May 9, 2008 8:59 am

#7: Those Flyers fans sure are classy… Don’t need a GED to tell you that.

4. expghgirl
    May 9, 2008 9:48 am

Filthadelphia=Armpit of Pennsylvania! SUCK IT!

Also, on a lighter note…the manbaby pic on the beach is permanently imbedded in my mind and I will never sleep again.

5. Frank Curto
    May 9, 2008 10:39 am

go shove a tasty cake

6. Chad
    May 9, 2008 11:38 am

Two things:

1) Yes, there are idiots in Philadelphia. And there’s a lot to hate about the city. But there’s a lot to hate about this city, too, and God knows we churn out plenty of idiots on our own. So let’s not stoop to their level, and let’s sure as hell not impugn Tastykakes. Let’s just stick to impugning their thug-culture franchise and its knuckle-dragging players. Thanks.

2) Guitar Hero competition against the Women’s Blogging Society? Name the time and the place, and I’m there.

May 9, 2008 11:43 am

stay classy, filthadelphia….

8. Pensgirl
    May 9, 2008 11:47 am

Well the guy did title the post “Epic Fail.” Seems to me he delivered…he fails at posting, fails at actually causing anybody to care, fails at presenting facts, fails at any attempt for humor, and one can only suspect he also fails at life. Epic indeed.

9. Mitch Cumstein
    May 9, 2008 11:49 am

Um, all you need to know about Filthadelphia…Ed Rendell is from there. He’s a lot of things – none of them good.

10. _megankish__
    May 9, 2008 12:17 pm

have no fear, gary roberts will make him pay. THE GARY doesn’t like douches.

Oh, did I mention that the Penguins are frickin’ awesome… well, they are.

GO PENS! ;)

11. BBM
    May 9, 2008 1:36 pm

12. BBM
    May 9, 2008 1:36 pm

I would join the Pittsburgh Women’s Blogging Society just for a chance to beat down some Daddy Bloggers. Bring it. n@

13. Magnus Patris
    May 9, 2008 1:40 pm

Years ago at a Pens game I saw the best banner ever; “If the world needed an enema, they’d shove the nozzle in Philadelphia!”

14. btezra
    May 12, 2008 12:29 pm

3.Miss Lee said …

#7: Those Flyers fans sure are classy… Don’t need a GED to tell you that.

* BEST COMMENT EVAH

15. Mia`
    May 13, 2008 2:02 pm

Hey for once it’s a great thing I’m a few days behind on reading…hmmm two games down…beaten 4-2 not once, but twice…good thing the tickets were free or he might have gotten sued for false advertisement.

oh and you soooo know some lawyer out there would give it a try! how many lawyers you think turned down the mc d’s lawsuit before they found one to take it?? “Wait, you want to sue because your coffee was hot and you spilled it on yourself? Ummm I don’t think you really have a case there moron, go home” Least that would have been my response…