Chucky!

You’re aware, I know you are, that the Burgh has the current reigning champions of the Women’s Football League … The Pittsburgh Passion.

I stumbled upon a telecast of their game against the D.C. Divas last week and If I’m being honest the reason I stayed on the channel in the first place was because I was stunned at the odd shape of the DC Divas’ quarterback’s ass. Just very weird. I had to stop and stare. Then I noticed some women as big as Cabbage Patch Baby Cici Donna making some very ferocious tackles, so I decided to watch for a bit.

If you, like me previously, thought watching women’s football would consist of wobbly passes and cat-scratch girl-fight tackles that seem to be missing some lingerie and a pillow, boy, are you wrong. Take a look at this pass and beautiful catch.

See the spiral? See the determination to make the catch inbounds? See that those are WOMEN?!

Girls rule.

Know what doesn’t rule? Their mascot.

Well, now we know what the lovechild of Steely McBeam and The Bride of Chucky would look like.

I think a good rule of thumb to follow when you’re deciding on a mascot is this: Fake animals (parrots, penguins) are fuzzy, lovable, and adorable. Fake foam people-heads with dead eyes are scary. Always.

1. Brother Anthony
    May 13, 2008 4:41 pm

That’s one butch lesbian mascot. The team is painting themselves not as a the lingerie bowl but early 1990′s LPGA.

2. Gunn Lino
    May 13, 2008 4:46 pm

Kind of a convict-dike scary, solitary lock down, watch out or I’ll bite your face off look. Not much there fir the kids to cuddle with either.

3. Steeler_tom
    May 13, 2008 5:59 pm

Sya whut you want about them girls.
    But if they’d merchandise a jersy, hats and other stuff, you can bet yer a$$ It would be displayed with my Stillers/Bucs/Pens stuff!
    Them Gurls a kick a$$!

4. Still A. Fan
    May 13, 2008 8:32 pm

looks more like howie long and terry bradshaw had a kid.

5. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    May 14, 2008 7:29 am

I actually own a Pittsburgh Passion t-shirt. I bought it at Station Square a couple years ago. Funny thing is, though, I didn’t buy it at a sports store there. I bought it at the Station Square information booth.
    I guess that’s one way to keep their merchandise from getting lost in the Pittsburgh Sports merchandise shuffle: sell it someplace that doesn’t sell anything.

6. Kelli
    May 14, 2008 7:56 am

I have a Passion T-shirt too.

Get this – I bought it at a game. I don’t know, makes sense to me as the best place of any to buy a shirt.

Plus, I got to see them play. Wow, a win-win situation for me.

Except I guess now I need a new one, since they changed leagues and my shirt is from the old league.

7. Brian
    May 14, 2008 8:33 am

I actually went to their home opener last year, and it wasn’t bad. I mean, if you go expecting to see Steelers football, you’ll be disappointed. But the Passion’s QB had a friggin’ arm, there were some nice tackles made by the secondary, and it resulted in a win over the team from Cleveland. How can that be bad?!

But yeah, that macot, wow. Is that one of the Indigo Girls? Or is it actually a man? Cannot tell, but way to be stereotypical. :-)

8. Brian
    May 14, 2008 8:34 am

Mascot. Mascot. Mascot. I never find the typo until I hit submit.

9. REARless
    May 14, 2008 8:39 am

Seriously, is the mascot a chic or a dude?

I don’t see breasts.

Or is it supposed to be androgynous?

10. little susie
    May 14, 2008 1:09 pm

girls playing football is a joke

11. little susie
    May 14, 2008 1:13 pm

i’m sure they all smell like poo

12. sleepy
    May 15, 2008 11:14 am

The mascot is definitely a male – his name is Tan Man. We were at the game this past weekend and were mystified by his name, until we saw that he was sponsored by Anytime Tan. But still…Tan Man?! Surely they could come up with something better than that.

Switch to our mobile site