1. Explain to me why McDonald’s (or any company for that matter) purchases two giant billboards on Route 30, one immediately after the other, say 25 feet away, with the exact same ad on them. Do they think I’m going to change my mind in the .5 seconds it take me to get from one sign to the next? “Sausage McMuffin?! No thank you very — hey, WAIT A MINUTE! I could totally go for a Sausage McMuffin!”
2. I still love the word “sausages.”
3. Someone asked LaMont how to dress when you get an invitation that says “creative cocktail.”
What kind of pretentious socialite puts “creative cocktail” as a style of requested dress for a party? To me, there should be only seven possible attires that you can put on an invitation: casual, business casual, cocktail, semi-formal, business, black-tie optional, and black-tie. Everything else can bite me.
LaMont gives a long response that confused the hell out of me.
Newfangled dress requirements don’t have to be stressful to navigate. My guess for creative cocktail is something that fuses a less-structured side of evening with a funky sartorial twist. It’s polished but not overly dressy, unexpected but not inappropriate, witty but not self-aggrandizingly over-the-top.
Well, I could argue that going naked is all of those things, so take PittGirl’s advice and teach them all a lesson the next time they ask you to dress in something as absurd as “creative cocktail” attire. Go naked.
4. Here’s a nice look at Maxime Talbot the man, and not so much Maxime Talbot the Geico Caveman. I must say, he sounds just lovely.
5. Continuing on with the Pens, Sporting News has an article that makes you go both “Word!” and “WTF?!” First, “Word!” to:
- This team is destined for success. The Penguins are under no circumstances the evil empire either.
- Pens fans on the whole are the savviest sports fans in the region. I have been through out the region. Trust me. They are already looking to the off-season to see what potential UFAs will be able to plug the vacancies expected to be created with the probably loss of Ryan Malone, Marian Hossa, and Brooks Orpik.
- Penguin fans are, generally speaking, zealous but realistic.
And right after that statement, here’s the big WTF-ie:
It comes from living in a poor city like Pittsburgh.
Oh no he di’nt!
6. And since it is game day, let’s just stick with the Pens. Reader Missy wrote to me:
HOCKEY? WTF? While watching the Dallas/Detroit game I was shocked to see cheerleaders. How stupid. But I would like to see them go out on the ice and perform :-]
Maybe Missy hasn’t ever laid eyes on the Penguins cheerleaders. I know I saw them doing a bow-chicka-bow dance in the stands during the most recent game. Or did I imagine that?
7. This is a GREAT picture of the Duke. He doesn’t even look one little bit fug or gross there.
8. But then there’s this picture where the Jersey makes him the fuggest, grossest fugger ever. Not even David Conrad could make a Flyers jersey look good. In fact, if I happened upon David Conrad wearing a Flyers jersey, I would aggressively rip that jersey off of him and expose his bare chest and maybe run my hands up and down it.
It’s my duty.