1. I was Facebook-chatting with one Mr. Jim Lokay about Jeff Reed and Max Talbot and their many similarities and yet their many differences when I noticed Jim’s current status is “Jim Lokay worships at the altar of Fleury.”
I let him know that I too worship at that altar, but that I cheat on it with the Altar of David Cook.
The boy killed last night.
2. Today I parked at the very top of the parking garage because I wanted to give myself a little bit of exercise via the stairwell. As I pulled into a parking space on the deserted, quiet floor, not a soul in sight, and as I clip-clopped my way across the floor with my footsteps echoing in my ears sounding like someone was following me, I had a thought, “PittGirl, next time, just park at the Arena if you want a little exercise because this right here is a brilliant way to get yourself killed.”
3. Did anyone else break out a nice MWAH-HAHAHA! when they showed that chick in the stands during the closing seconds of last night’s game and her eyeballs were shiny with unshed tears and her chin was quivering like she was going to start crying? That was funny as heck. Pens rule! I’m already thinking about what I’m going to wear to the parade.
4. [whisper] With their win yesterday, the Buccos of Suckitude are again one win away from .500 ball. You didn’t hear that from me. I was never here. [Jedi mind-erase hand wave] [/whisper]
5. The long-time headmaster at Kiski, Jack Pidgeon, died. David Conrad went to Kiski. It is fitting that I mention Jack Pidgeon then, because my future best friend might be mourning the loss.
“Disciplinarian is the wrong word. He expected people to want to find their own self- respect,” said actor David Conrad, a 1985 Kiski graduate who credits Mr. Pidgeon for making him an artist.
“He hated fakes, people who said one thing, but actually couldn’t do those things. In his school, you swam until you dropped, worked until you couldn’t anymore, had tons of homework. … Most people don’t get tested anymore. If you’re not tested at a young age, you can live the rest of your life not knowing your limits or never reaching them,” Mr. Conrad said.
Beautifully put. Read the entire obit because this guy sounds incredible.
6. Also re: Jack Pidgeon, here’s some advice the man once gave:
“You don’t have to have been born with talent or brains or special abilities or a capacity for leadership. You don’t even have to have been born tough. The happiest fact of life is that the one ingredient we need the most is ours for the taking. All you have to do to acquire it is this: beginning today, stop doing something you shouldn’t do and start doing each day something you know you should do.”
Well, that is definitely something to tack to your wall.
7. The ten most memorable games in the Penguins Playoff History. Make note, haters, that Jaromir Jagr is featured. Where are we on signing him for next year?
8. A reminder from the Canadian Press:
But it also should not be forgotten that the Pittsburgh Penguins, nearing a Stanley Cup final berth, may not even be here had it not been for how Ty Conklin stepped in for the injured Marc-Andre Fleury this season.
9. David Spade, Norm MacDonald, and Chris Kattan (you know what? I’m very meh on all three of them) will be filming a movie in the Burgh soon. If that’s your cup o’ tea, you might want to start calibrating your Stalk-O-Meter.