Random n’at.

1. Good morning, Burghers. Guess what? This morning, some kind soul totally let me change lanes in traffic when I had the audacity to put my turn signal on. I said to myself, “Self. You are going to change this city. People are going to be nicer. Men are going to be more chivalrous. People are going to stop throwing their cigarette butts on the street.”

It was an ill-advised, temporary moment of grandeur. I’m back to earth now.

2. Finally! Finally Lukey let a “move forward” slip.

I was just down past the casino yesterday, and steel’s coming out of the ground, and they’re moving forward,” Ravenstahl said.

Gosh, I wish I had a Strawberry Mimosa Mojito or three from Seviche sitting in front of me right now. What time do they open?

Regardless, DRINK!

(h/t Bill)

3. Reader Katie of the Mexican War Streets wrote:

Pittgirl,

Just a quick question about “move forward”. Does it have to be said by the mayor or his staff or is ok to start drinking if members of a community group use it. The last few weeks have been pretty contentious in the Central Northside/Mexican War Streets area. There’s been lots of talk of “moving the neighborhood forward” and this or that needs to be done to “move the neighborhood forward”. Should I be drinking?

Katie, the rules are clear. Crystal clear, you lush. Tsk.

But I will forgive you your rule-breaking if you bring me a Strawberry Mimosa Mojito right this second. I’ll be waiting for you.

4. Because the world hates me, three of my favorite shows have now been canceled, Back to You, Men in Trees, and now Moonlight. Goodbye, Alex, my love. At least they renewed David Conrad’s show, right? Otherwise I’d have to march into CBS headquarters and choke a bitch.

5. For some reason, after reading this post over at One for the Other Thumb (see the Santonio Holmes line) I cannot stop saying “choke a bitch.” It just rolls off the tongue so eloquently.

6. Reader Schuyler Kidd wrote:

Just wanted to let you know, there are tix available in Detroit for the Stanley Cup games, assuming it’s Pens v RedWings. You can buy them today on ticketmaster if you use the code: 08SCUPSTH

The code is good until Thursday at noon, when anyone (code or not) can buy them. They say there are $90 and $140 seats, but I only found $210 when I wanted two together. That was just for game 1… game 2 might be better. Just thought maybe you’d be able to pass that info along!

And now I’ve passed it along.

7. Some of you have been emailing me the pictures of the Rocky statue in Philly dressed in the Penguins attire. I assumed that everyone had seen it already, but if you haven’t see here or here.

(h/t Dom and like three other people whose emails have been sucked into the vortex that it my Hotmail box. Sorry!)

8. If anyone dared to dress, say the Art Rooney statue in some Dallas Cowboys gear, I would choke a bitch.

Okay, I’m done.

9. Today, you can get a free Dunkin Donuts iced coffee from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. I’ve already accumulated several disguises to assist me in getting at least 10 free iced cups of crack. Hopefully the caffeine-shakes don’t give me away.

10. After you get your coffee, if you’re in the mood for food that will eventually kill you, go to McDonald’s and buy a drink and they’ll give you a free Southwest Chicken Sandwich. This is their attempt to compete with Chik-Fil-A.

Pshh. A waffle fry could beat a McDonald’s fry with his hands tied behind his gridded back. Give up McDonalds.

(h/t Mark)

1. JamieO
    May 15, 2008 9:03 am

1. The power of the blog at work, PittGirl. It is the fear of being exposed via cellphone camera as an Asshat.

5. I cannot believe you did not mention this in that same blog:

$10,000 Big Ben bobblehead…not kidding

Just think, only 10,000 bucks for Fug and Gross to be happily bobbing its head to Bryon Adams while you happily make another post. Maybe they would even throw in a bobble-head pigeon.

9. Some old professor-type at the Dunkin Donuts right off the Penn State campus was trying to scam a free iced coffee two hours before the official time begins. They told him to take his PhD ass out of there and wait like the rest of us.

10. McDonald’s trying to compete with Chick-Fil-A. lol

2. pittgirl
    May 15, 2008 9:08 am

Jamie,

If you look at the bobblehead link, you’ll notice it’s linking right back here to my blog where I originally posted it. ;)

3. TheJim
    May 15, 2008 9:17 am

If you have any designs on giving up your Chick-Fil-A habit in favor of that monstrosity that McDonald’s is pushing, you should check out that link.

Chick-Fil-A > McDonald’s even if it’s free

4. lovesthenorthside
    May 15, 2008 9:18 am

i have to learn to finish drinking my coffee before reading you, pg. you almost choked a bitch.

5. Christina
    May 15, 2008 9:45 am

10. Sorry, McDonald’s. Chick-fil-a will always have you beat with that condiment-laced-in-delicious-crack, their Honey Roasted Barbeque Sauce. You have nothing on them. Plus, Chick-fil-a tends not to have the weird stains-on-the-pants, dirty socks/cigarettes/expired milk smelling clientele that McDonald’s gets pretty regularly (at least at the Downtown locations.) Chick-fil-a always wins.

6. Dr. Boyda
    May 15, 2008 9:51 am

I prefer to grope a bitch.

7. pittgirl
    May 15, 2008 9:52 am

Ba-ba-BAH! That was funny.

8. Michael
    May 15, 2008 12:32 pm

Poor ‘Bergers; it is not Chick-fil-a that is the pinnacle that McDonald’s is trying to mount. It is Bojangles, that bastion of southern goodness, that puts out the best fast food chicken on a biscuit sandwich.

Did I really just type . . .”trying to mount?” EWWWWWWWWWWWW

9. Aeran
    May 15, 2008 1:59 pm

pittgirl, do you seriously drive out to East or North Nowhere to get your Dunkin’? I’m going through serious withdrawal since I came back to the Burgh and they’re all at least half an hour from the city.

10. Leah
    May 15, 2008 2:56 pm

Ummm can you tell me where in Pittsburgh there’s a Dunkin Donuts so I can go there and go crazy! Thanks.

11. Kat
    May 15, 2008 3:31 pm

I promised my gay friends I wouldn’t go to Chick-Fil-A because of their homophobic business practices, but I ain’t going to lie and say I haven’t been weak and succumbed to the siren call of the delicious waffle fries every now and again.

12. Hoosierburgher
    May 15, 2008 3:35 pm

5. So my boyfriend and I came across this book at Borders one day. We have taken to calling it “How to Choke a Bitch”. Now every time we get on the other person’s last nerve, we just use a simple warning, “don’t make me check your thyroid!”

13. JamieO
    May 15, 2008 3:52 pm

PittGirl…..

Damn, missed that link. My Dunkin coffee was only about 10 percent consumed at that point.

14. Mia`
    May 16, 2008 1:12 pm

I was running really late yesterday and had no time to make dinner, so I stopped at the only place on the way…McHell. I had one of these so called “Southwest Chicken” sandwiches. Really?! Southwest?! Unless plain chicken on a bun with pickles and nothing else is southwest…this was just a plain dry lack of any real taste processed chicken (maybe) sandwich that could quite honestly choke a bitch! And very nearly did.
    I missed the whole by a drink and get it for free thing…the drive thru teeny bop did ask me if I wanted to “buy a drink so I could get it for free” – which just confused the hell outta me….if I’m buying a drink, how is it free?!? Makes far more sense now. The 99 cent chicken sandwiches at KFC are about the same size and actually have taste.