Well, I guess the Penguins gained that much-needed “maturity” they were lacking when they were incapable of putting the Flyers away in four games. The nerve.
They made THAT look easy didn’t they?
1. Yesterday, I realized for the first time that Evgeni Malkin is not growing a playoff beard.
I kind of applaud him for that because there are so many players that should never grow beards. I’m looking at YOU, Sidney Crosby.
Also, the Television Without Pity recapper had this to say in his American Idol recap last week:
Oh, and I should probably spend a few words talking about the mayor of David’s town and his Rollie Fingers mustache. It’s insane. It’s immaculate. It is in the hall of fame of egregious and meticulous mustaches, alongside Chester A. Arthur, John Waters, and Sidney Crosby in this year’s Stanley Cup Playoffs.
My family calls it a quasi-porn stash. I call it a MAJORLY FUG stash.
2. Michelle Wright went and put some playoff beards on her colleagues and the results kick ass.
h/t Mikey from 96.1 who wrote:
Sally Wiggins’ beard looks like candy would fall out of it if you rub it right. Not nice candy though. Bullshit candy like Bit O Honey’s and Good N Plenty’s.
Hey, I love Good ‘n Plenty! Bullshit candy is peppermints, butterscotches, Tootsie Rolls and orange jelly beans. In other words, everything my grandmother ever kept in her “candy” dish.
3. The best comment made by the announcers during yesterday’s Penguins game:
The Flyers need a touchdown to get back into this game.
That made me laugh.
4. Is it wussy of me to want Dallas to win? I’m just saying, I’d like to avoid the Red Wings if at all possible.
5. The Pensblog let Chad Hermann have it with a vicious post and by spelling his name wrong. As I said previously, I love Chad, but I felt calling every Gary Roberts fan an immature bandwagon-jumper was a bit of a wide brush to paint with.
Also, lest you decide PittGirl is a bandwagon jumper, I still remember exactly what Tom Barrasso did when the Pens won their first (or maybe second) Stanley Cup. I remember exactly how in his euphoria he started running in place on his skates with his hands up in the air. Like it was yesterday.
6. When they were presenting the Trophy to Never be Touched and Sid was getting his picture taken, the crowd sounded like it was chanting something and we couldn’t make out what it was. It sounded like, “We want…”
What did they want, damn it?! Mario? Cheaper beer? Dallas? The suspense is killing us.