It has begun.

Reader Mike S. emailed me the first Choke-A-Bitch-ocrat (tm Magnus Patris) symbol for use when I run for Mayor (campaign slogan: Mwah-hahahaha!)

It looks so classy you’d never know we’re all about chokin’ bitches.

But it’s more than that. We’re about telling the truth, being real, stopping stupid criminals, killing pigeons AND chokin’ bitches.

1. deebee
    May 22, 2008 1:21 pm

I don’t live in the city either, but can I get that on a shirt??

2. MiamiShyner
    May 22, 2008 1:31 pm

1) You’ve got my vote hands down.

2) The logo on a shirt is a sure-fire winner. Maybe CafePress or Zazzle or whomever.

3) May I be the official Miami spokesperson? I would love to start choking bitches. Immediately if not sooner.

3. Allison
    May 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Totally a newly registered CAB. Even says so on Facebook.

I’ll be your Atlanta spokesperson in a heartbeat.

4. MiamiShyner
    May 22, 2008 1:35 pm

Obviously, we have more grand schemes for PG than just mayor. Think big!!

5. PAGirlinFL
    May 22, 2008 1:43 pm

PG – you’ve got support from Tallahassee, although we’ve been known to screw with election results…that whole hanging chad thing ‘n all…..

6. Burgh Baby
    May 22, 2008 1:52 pm

That very badly needs to be a t-shirt design. Time to get your butler Woy crackin’.

7. pittgirl
    May 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Well, that as a t-shirt will have to be between Woy, Mike and Magnus, as I had not one single thing to do with it. :) Let’s see if the three of them can put their heads together on it.

8. Fan on his own dime (and time)
    May 22, 2008 1:58 pm

I think my leg is tingling.

9. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    May 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Actually, I look at it and don’t see a t-shirt design. I see a polo shirt design. Imagine that logo stitched on the upper left front on a collared shirt where the alligator/polo player/snobby icon normally is.

The best would be that it would look normal from far away, so it will take a while for someone to notice that you’re wearing a shield with a dead pigeon on your shirt.

Also, needless to say, you have my support in the Philly/south Jersey area, although we are talking about voters who love Fast Eddie Rendell.

10. pittgirl
    May 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Pittsburgh Tom, I LOVE it! HAH. I’d so wear that on the golf course.

11. Burghthing
    May 22, 2008 2:08 pm

And don’t forget the “Buy your own damn Penguin tickets” platform.

12. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    May 22, 2008 2:14 pm

And avoiding the use of the phrase “move forward” and any combinations of it. Portland, OR is totally behind you PittGirl!

13. Dan Freakin (Not Onarato)
    May 22, 2008 2:55 pm

Im definitely thinking golf wear

Stay classy….

14. parking chair
    May 22, 2008 3:02 pm

As a political party with higher standards, couldn’t it be something a little more regal? Like a noble falcon clutching a lifeless pigeon in his talons after he pecked its eyes out. Maybe the eye and its entrails dangling from the falcon’s mouth.

15. John
    May 22, 2008 3:04 pm

PG, unfortunately, I don’t live in the city, but I’ll badger everyone who does into voting for you. In fact, I’d become a registered CAB, if need be.

16. nellie
    May 22, 2008 3:29 pm

If I were you I’d lean toward the golf wear, that way you’ll fit right in when you bully your way into Oakmont Country Club.

17. PSU loves PittGirl
    May 22, 2008 3:50 pm

I find it highly improbable that this video has never appeared in your blog, but just in case, I’m sharing it.

18. Dave
    May 22, 2008 3:53 pm

New background on every PC I own.

Hats off to the designer.

Think big, indeed: PittGirl for President.

19. ATL 'Burgher
    May 22, 2008 4:03 pm

You’ve got my vote in Atlanta!

20. W.A. Schrift
    May 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Awesome. I’m going to get that as a tattoo.

But as a Classics major, I have to mention that the correct way to say “Choke a Bitch” in Latin would be “Offocate Caniculam”.

I would be inclined here to render the English word “choke” here as a command, so if you wanted to command one person to choke a bitch, it would be “Offoca caniculam,” and if you wanted an entire political party to do it, you would use the plural imperative “Offocate.” Also, the feminine noun “canicula” ought to be in the accusative case, because it is the direct object of the action “offocate”; thus, “caniculam.”

OFFOCATE CANICULAM!

May 22, 2008 4:05 pm

that’s pretty cool — makes me wanna choke a bitch and change political parties….

22. Magnus Patris
    May 22, 2008 7:30 pm

#20. So noted; it will be changed. Thanks professor!

23. Sooska
    May 22, 2008 7:33 pm

I am changing my Facebook politics to Choke-A-Bitch-ocrat. I will also represent in the Lehigh Valley. PittGirl for Governor! If we have Governor PG no one could stop the pigeon shoots.

24. Gibbydinkerwald
    May 22, 2008 10:19 pm

I can’t say I’d move back to the ‘Burgh to register and vote but I would be the Los Angeles for the CAB movement.
    I have a relative in the radio business in Seattle so a return to the ‘Burgh to vote for PG movement can be launched there also.
    Offocate Craiculam rocks.

25. Gibbydinkerwald
    May 22, 2008 10:20 pm

Opps, damn, I’d be the LA rep for the effort.

26. DW
    May 23, 2008 8:10 am

Golden, love it. I like the golf shirt idea and would volunteer to throw final logo on some golf balls.

Heck, it’s a better logo than an ass and elephant, for sure.

27. John
    May 23, 2008 8:27 am

“You’ve read her blog. You’ve seen her run over pigeons with her car. You’ve seen the pictures she takes with Saucy. Now, PittGirl needs your vote. She needs your help ridding the city of pigeons, pre-pubescent mayors and taggers. With your help, PittGirl will triumphantly oust Mayor Lukey from office and return Pittsburgh to its former glory. Join the CAB movement. Vote PittGirl for mayor. OFFOCATE CANICULAM!”

“Paid for by the Committee to Elect PittGirl as Mayor of the City of Pittsburgh, David Conrad, treasurer.”