Spotted at Home Depot

I noted this car and its stellar parking job at Home Depot over the weekend when I stopped by to pick up some Gerbera daisies for potting (photo courtesy of Saucy, my bitch, who was all, “For reals?!” when she saw this guy):

Do you see what he intentionally did there? He parked right smack in the middle of the line to ensure that no one dared park within five feet of his precious hunk of yellow steel.

Selfish douche.

I hope a flock of pigeons goes purple diarrhea all over his car. For once, the very least the pigeons could do is my bidding.

1. 8 Mile
    May 29, 2008 2:31 pm

That’s right behind people who aren’t handicapped that pull out the temporary handicapped placard when they park.

2. Bulldog
    May 29, 2008 2:40 pm

3. captain dummy
    May 29, 2008 2:47 pm

“Whoa a minute there, just because they aren’t visibly handicapped doesn’t mean that they aren’t legitimately, medically handicapped. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.

Doesn’t mean that there aren’t folks abusing them, just that you can’t always tell by looking.”

agreed!!! dont always be quick to judge!!!

4. JP
    May 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Monsieur Douche

5. marc
    May 29, 2008 3:34 pm

You should have parked next to this individual anyway, I couldn’t imagine their face when they came out of the store.

6. Nellie
    May 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Someone needs to pull a “Twanda” (Kathy Bates in “Fried Green Tomatoes”)on this asshole.

Best line in a movie:
    After repeatedly smashing into a younger woman’s car in a mall parking lot.
    She gets out and calmly says something on the order of “I’m older and I have more insurance, stay the F*** out of my way.”

7. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    May 29, 2008 4:15 pm

Maybe it’s because I watched the season finale during lunch, but this brings to mind the episode of Bones where Bones gets a fancy car from her publisher and is told to park diagonally across two parking spots. Booth tells her not to do that and later on she gets mad because the car got dinged. (Yes, I’m a tv dork.)

It also reminds me of the ding in the door of extremely-less expensive sports car. Pisses me off, but I prefer the ding to being one of those guys that takes up two spots.

8. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    May 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Also, the placards don’t have to be for the driver of the card. They are also valid for the passenger. My friend’s mom is 80, lives with her and in a wheel chair and doesn’t drive. In accordance with the law, she has a placard. She drives her everywhere — doctors, shopping, entertainment, etc… and I’ve never seen her pull it out when her mom wasn’t in the vehicle (despite the night it was pouring down rain and we had to walk from the back of the restaurant parking lot to the door).

9. 8 Mile
    May 29, 2008 4:55 pm

I don’t oubt everyone, but I know of anumber of completely healthy people who use them.

Also look how easy it was for WTAE to find fakers: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/11037124/detail.html

10. retiredguy
    May 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Years ago, when I used to drive clunkers, I would sometimes park nice and close to people who did this.

11. Pensgirl
    May 29, 2008 5:16 pm

In grad school I drove a decade-old Geo Prizm. I used to park right next to people like that – the car was small enough to fit practically anywhere. I used to picture them finding my junky old car next to their precious metals and laugh and laugh.

Now my car’s rather squat and doesn’t usually fit. But if I can fit it I do.

Nellie, that movie is one of the few that’s as good as the book it’s based on. The movie got it perfectly.

Pittsburgh Tom, did you notice the (possibly signed) Lemieux jersey in Booth’s house in the season finale? (I won’t even mention the obvious Steeler beer hat he was wearing.) I keep forgetting the character’s from Pittsburgh but they really have great reminders.

12. Still A Fan
    May 29, 2008 5:58 pm

i dont even understand handicap spots at the mall……i mean, you’re going to be WALKING AROUND THE MALL!

am i right? i mean, maybe in other places like a Red Lobster it makes sense….but the mall????????

if they have a fat scooter, they can park in the back of the lot like everyone else.

sorry this sounds so mean as i realize there are legit reasons for my musings…..but THE MALL????? you know damn well anyone that says “well, i had to go to the pharmacy”, you can substitute JC Penny’s for pharmacy.

13. NY Luvs Pitts
    May 29, 2008 6:23 pm

I hate you Still A Fan (lol).

14. Bob
    May 29, 2008 6:54 pm

They bought a bright yellow corvette….That alone has to tip you off to some type of mental handicap

15. Goob
    May 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Also: who the hell drives something like that to Home Depot?

How is he going to get anything home?

16. John
    May 29, 2008 9:19 pm

Pensgirl – I did happen to notice the Lemieux jersey in Booth’s apartment in the Bones season finale. I know he’s usually a Pittsburgh sports fan, but for some reason David Boreanaz was blogging on NHL.com for the (gasp!) Flyers during the Eastern Conference finals.

17. Still A Fan
    May 29, 2008 10:28 pm

Boreanaz’s Dad is a local newscaster here in the Philly area so he grew up here.

NY Luvs Pitts…..don’t be a hater! lol….. Come over to the dark side….you’ll have more fun.

18. Bram R
    May 29, 2008 10:44 pm

Oh so you’re in favor of pigeon graffiti artists. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

19. Not Jane Nugent
    May 30, 2008 7:30 am

Dang girl, Your Gerbera daisies are only going to bloom for a month and then they’re done. Go for the Pgh war horse, Wave Petunias. Standard issue.

20. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    May 30, 2008 8:43 am

I forget who it was and I’m too lazy to look it up, but one of the guys behind the scenes of Bones is from Pittsburgh and made Booth a Pittsburgh fan. I believe it was talked about in the PG tv column.

Goob, you can get keys made at Home Depot. You can fit those into a corvette. That’s about all, though. Maybe a small handtool.

21. Brother Anthony
    May 30, 2008 9:46 am

I anticipate one of these procedural-cop-show fans enhancing this photograph to find Pitt Girl’s reflection in one of the many cars.

22. Stasia
    May 30, 2008 9:46 am

What an asshole.

If you’re that worried about your car getting dinged – and hell, I don’t care if you are – at least have the decency to park further away from the store. Walking an extra 30 feet isn’t going to kill anyone.

I don’t have an expensive car, but I still park at the back of lots just to avoid the extra congestion closer to the stores.

23. CS Keys
    May 30, 2008 10:06 am

Who buys Corvettes anymore?

24. Zsa
    May 30, 2008 10:28 am

I’m waiting for the Channel 4 Investigation about what is in the water in the South Side that there are so many people who need handicapped spaces. Yes, I realize there are some 100 year old yinzers there, but come on people.

25. Erik
    May 30, 2008 12:04 pm

I saw some asshole’s Porsche parked like that when I was at Target a while ago.

I surrounded it with shopping carts from the nearby cart bay. Because I’m a parking lot guerrilla like that.

26. geeves
    May 30, 2008 12:32 pm

Like marc said, park next to him anyway. I do this to people I see parked like this all the time. I will even go out of my way to park next to people that do this and I also park as close to the driver’s side door as I possibly can.

27. In Sewickley
    May 30, 2008 6:46 pm

I always park right smack dab next to those punks!

28. mickey
    June 2, 2008 6:59 am

“There are many medical conditions that could result in someone having a handicap placard which don’t entail a crutch, cane, wheelchair, etc.”

if you dont have a crutch, a cane, a wheelchair, knee brace or whatever else, you should not be parking in a handicap space. if you do, you are a crybaby weakling and should stay home to watch your satellite TV.