Random n’at.

1. Good sunny and perfect morning to you, Burghers. This morning on my way into town, I noticed that for a long time there have been two crater-like potholes on the Waterfront road that have been circled with white spray paint. The potholes appeared six months ago and the spray paint, maybe four months ago.

When the spray paint first appeared I assumed the potholes were circled by the city to do two things, one, identify for the pothole repairers where the pothole was that needed fixed and two, to let us drivers know that yes, we’re aware that this pothole is trying to eat your muffler and we’re gonna fix it soon. Stop calling us.

Now that four months have passed with driver after driver seeing the circled potholes and veering wildly around them, I wonder if maybe the city didn’t circle them. Maybe this is a new form of graffiti wherein young thugs run around town using spray paint to circle all the things that are wrong with Pittsburgh.

If you happen to see Lukey with a circle spray-painted around his face, you’ll know why.

Ba-ba-BAH!

2. Because I love you and because I am a generous person, I’m going to allow you to see my imaginary self-united husband Daniel Sepulveda without his shirt on.

You’re welcome. But step off! Srsly.

(h/t Kathy)

3. Reader Bob wrote:

I recently returned from China, with my daughter and her husband, and their adopted little girl, Gracelynn. On our last night in Guangzhou, we had dinner at a well-known local restaurant. Dinner was “family-style,” and we were advised the restaurant’s most famous menu item was Roast Pigeon. Everyone in the group thought it was a joke, until the platter of Roast Pigeon was brought to the table. It was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen on a dinner plate. But…it was China, it was a new experience for most of us, we had already eaten things that have no name in this country, and, we just could not return home without trying it.

It was terrible.

I know I’ve said this before, but really, brace yourselves:

I bet that’s what Satan eats for breakfast. Feasting on the bodies of his fallen sons.

4. I’m bummed that I can’t make this month’s roller derby match. I’m going to get there soon, though, and maybe when I do, you’ll be skating with them. Tryouts! Go choke some bitches for me.

• Steel City Derby Demons Tryouts
  • Sunday, June 15th from 7 to 9:30
  • Location: Romp n’ Roll in Shaler

5. PG cartoonist Rob Rogers lost a bet and had to wear Red Wings gear to work. The video is posted to the PG site and I gotta say, I wish I worked in an office where I could pummel people at will with wads of paper.

Hey, PittGirl, I need a favor. Can you … AUGH!

6. I watched the Buccos last night, got all excited when they came back to take the lead, got all SQUEEE when my new favorite Bucco Doug Mientkiewicz hit a nice sacrifice fly, and then got all PBTHHH when Matt Capps blew the save.

Sigh. Stupid Buccos, trying to make me care.

7. Speaking of my new favorite Bucco Doug Mienkiewicz, Randy Johnson had this to say about his little shouting match with Doug:

“It didn’t bother me at all. If it would’ve, [Mientkiewicz] would probably be on a stretcher, and I’d be out of the game.”

Oh, please, you string bean. Being tall just means you have farther to fall when you get your ass kicked.

But I don’t need to defend Doug because he took care of that himself:

“He’s been out of the game for three years in my mind. That just shows me how mentally weak he is.”

Oh, he di’id!

8. Not to leave the boys with no eye candy while the girls are feasting on Daniel Sepulveda, here’s a nice hi-res of Sonni Abatta playing softball (you might have to click on the picture for the super size), looking adorable, and being hot.

PittGirl can get away with a lot fashion-wise, but there are certain things I cannot get away with. One of those is wearing a baby stroller on my head and the other is tube socks.

1. Jennifer
    June 11, 2008 10:02 am

8. Holy Crap look at her thigh muscles! She must hit the stair master like a demon.

4. Oh oh oh I soooo want to be a Roller Derby Chick!!!! Like its my life goal now. Unfortunately at 2 months shy of 40 I’m thinking I might have to recalibrate my life’s goal. I think I’d die if I even tried right now, without 6 months of preparatory workouts. And 41 sounds a little old to start roller derby. Go get em PittGirl–er I mean Choke-a-Bitch!

2. Brian
    June 11, 2008 10:12 am

7. I think Johnson meant he’s beam Doug in the head with a fastball. What a strong man, eh? Douche. Doug will kick him in the balls, roll his 6’10 frame in dirt, and drop seven elbows on his head.

3. spoon
    June 11, 2008 10:12 am

There is a hearty collection of Sonni and AliMo pics. Thanks to the KISS site for makin my day :)

Off to the Photoshop to make wallpapers!

4. McSmooth
    June 11, 2008 10:54 am

8. Is that Samara Morgan peering out from behind the scoreboard post?

5. Ally McKill (Jamie)
    June 11, 2008 11:15 am

Pittgirl! Thanks so much for the shoutout for our derby tryouts this Sunday! If any of your readers are interested, they should email joinscdd@gmail.com.

And we’re bummed you can’t make it to the bout too.

Also, that cooked pigeon is the grossest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

6. Sooska
    June 11, 2008 11:17 am

you know, Italians (and others) eat something called “squab.” In some circles it is very upscale, and expensive. It is hard to find in Pittsburgh- even the purveyours of such things in the Strip quit carrying it. How do I know? My husband’s family wants it for some holiday meals becasue they had it when their Italian grandfather raised his own ‘squab.” I was elected to find it in Pittsburgh. Frankly, it is nothing but pigeon. Additionally, my late Italian MIL & her brothers used to talk about eating songbirds back in Italy. “Robins are tough,” said my MIL. I fainted.

June 11, 2008 11:23 am

#3: that’s just wrong.

#6: yo, dougie — next time, go choke that bitch.

#8: sonni abatta? playing softball on a field at my alma mater? why was I not notified of this???? and, day-amn, those leg muscles are the bomb. maybe she can give geno some workout tips.

8. Still A Fan
    June 11, 2008 11:25 am

the bomb indeed….oh indeed indeedy doo

9. LCJS
    June 11, 2008 11:32 am

The two young girls hiding behind the pillars in the background of that Sonni picture are freaking me out! It’s like Children of the Corn or an M. Night Shamalamadingdong movie or something. All I can say is, they seem to be out looking for souls to eat.

10. Dwight
    June 11, 2008 12:01 pm

Holy-friggin’-hell! Barrel-chested Danny S. is a hot piece of adorable arse! Goodness!

11. pittgirl
    June 11, 2008 12:06 pm

Dwight!

Step off. Srsly.

;)

12. john
    June 11, 2008 12:24 pm

What is Sonni Abatti doing with her hands…the Walrus clap?!?!? WHo knew her legs were so skinny? I am going back to look again!

13. plexxer
    June 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Sonni Abatta with pigtails?
    Me… wait for it.. ow.
    And was Val the Weathergal there as well? Because I could see it easily degrading into a Laurel and Hardy routine. Abatta’s at bat after Abati.

14. Bram R
    June 11, 2008 12:55 pm

#1: Now that’s graffiti “art”.

#3: That’s gross.

#5: Something else to distract everybody from what I’m about to type.

#8: She can shag my fly balls anytime.

15. Brian
    June 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Thank you Pittgirl for the new wallpaper. Sonni, not Sepulveda or the Pigeon. Wonder if I can get Sonni on my co-ed softball team in Blawnox…

You should promote the eating of pigeons. Make it popular to hunt and prepare them. Make pigeon the new turkey. You could be the Frank Purdue of pigeon poultry and make millions from their slaughter. Just don’t get greedy and inject them with steroids to fatten them up or they may escape and attempt to extract raged pigeon justice.

June 11, 2008 1:36 pm

***gives bram a polite golf clap for his comment on #8***

17. Jordan
    June 11, 2008 2:44 pm

In the video, did they really say they are going to test his “get off time”. Job for PittGirl I guess…

18. John
    June 11, 2008 3:10 pm

#8 – Sonni, hon, where did you get those sunglasses from Tom Cruise’s “Top Gun” garage sale? Still, that all said – HAWT!

19. MC
    June 11, 2008 3:12 pm

A little over a month ago, a friend of mine got us to come out to watch flat-track roller derby. I was really ambivalent about going, especially since it was in a building at our State Fairgrounds where they show livestock, but we had a good time.

I thought it was a little difficult to understand what’s going on at first; they gave us a book at the gate to explain it, but it wasn’t helpful. Once my friend explained it to us and told us to watch “the girl with the star on her helmet” (the jammer, I think?), it was pretty exciting. They rotated the position between a couple different women, but they seemed to always be the fastest skaters on the team.

Honestly, it’s well worth the trip and the price of admission. The bout we saw was a blowout and we left a little early, but I’d spend another late Sunday afternoon watching roller derby.

20. Erin
    June 11, 2008 3:24 pm

I’m giggling at the Children of the Corn comment. Also, love some Rob Rogers! I didn’t expect him to be so young.

21. Jenn
    June 11, 2008 6:40 pm

2. Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. I would become a Steelers fan just for that. *bows to you in “Wayne’s World” fashion*

22. Aunt Penny
    June 11, 2008 11:49 pm

Speaking of pigeons, USAToday had an article on how a pigeon is smarter than a three-year-old. I’m sure most Mommas and Grandmas would disagre……..

23. Dan (Not Onarato)
    June 12, 2008 7:05 am

Sonni = HAWT

Nuff said.

24. unclejr22
    June 12, 2008 7:09 am

1. I don’t think the Waterfront it technically the City of Pittsburgh since I’ve never see a Pittsburgh police car there only Homestead police. I do believe Lukey has no jurisdiction over those potholes!

25. TheJim
    June 12, 2008 10:54 pm

unclejr22 is right on that. And, to get even more technical on you, those roads are likely classified as “trafficways”, whereas traffic laws are enforced by the Homestead police but upkeep is probably taken care of by whoever owns the actual Waterfront property.

This is my Crim class from 1996 talking here, so watch it, homie.

26. regina
    June 15, 2008 9:13 pm

Hey pittgirl, you and Dwight Supremcy can thank me for putting this vid up on Youtube and posting this video on other sites. I love letting people see anything Danny. Photos, videos, or news. I am everything Danny. Just like those great photos i posted here oh so long ago. I will let you and Dwight fight over him and just sit back and enjoy the action!!