- June 11, 2008
- filed under Hot Burghers, Mayor Ravenstahl, Pirates, Sonni Abatta, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. Good sunny and perfect morning to you, Burghers. This morning on my way into town, I noticed that for a long time there have been two crater-like potholes on the Waterfront road that have been circled with white spray paint. The potholes appeared six months ago and the spray paint, maybe four months ago.
When the spray paint first appeared I assumed the potholes were circled by the city to do two things, one, identify for the pothole repairers where the pothole was that needed fixed and two, to let us drivers know that yes, we’re aware that this pothole is trying to eat your muffler and we’re gonna fix it soon. Stop calling us.
Now that four months have passed with driver after driver seeing the circled potholes and veering wildly around them, I wonder if maybe the city didn’t circle them. Maybe this is a new form of graffiti wherein young thugs run around town using spray paint to circle all the things that are wrong with Pittsburgh.
If you happen to see Lukey with a circle spray-painted around his face, you’ll know why.
2. Because I love you and because I am a generous person, I’m going to allow you to see my imaginary self-united husband Daniel Sepulveda without his shirt on.
You’re welcome. But step off! Srsly.
3. Reader Bob wrote:
I recently returned from China, with my daughter and her husband, and their adopted little girl, Gracelynn. On our last night in Guangzhou, we had dinner at a well-known local restaurant. Dinner was “family-style,” and we were advised the restaurant’s most famous menu item was Roast Pigeon. Everyone in the group thought it was a joke, until the platter of Roast Pigeon was brought to the table. It was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen on a dinner plate. But…it was China, it was a new experience for most of us, we had already eaten things that have no name in this country, and, we just could not return home without trying it.
It was terrible.
I know I’ve said this before, but really, brace yourselves:
I bet that’s what Satan eats for breakfast. Feasting on the bodies of his fallen sons.
4. I’m bummed that I can’t make this month’s roller derby match. I’m going to get there soon, though, and maybe when I do, you’ll be skating with them. Tryouts! Go choke some bitches for me.
- Steel City Derby Demons Tryouts
- Sunday, June 15th from 7 to 9:30
- Location: Romp n’ Roll in Shaler
5. PG cartoonist Rob Rogers lost a bet and had to wear Red Wings gear to work. The video is posted to the PG site and I gotta say, I wish I worked in an office where I could pummel people at will with wads of paper.
Hey, PittGirl, I need a favor. Can you … AUGH!
6. I watched the Buccos last night, got all excited when they came back to take the lead, got all SQUEEE when my new favorite Bucco Doug Mientkiewicz hit a nice sacrifice fly, and then got all PBTHHH when Matt Capps blew the save.
Sigh. Stupid Buccos, trying to make me care.
7. Speaking of my new favorite Bucco Doug Mienkiewicz, Randy Johnson had this to say about his little shouting match with Doug:
“It didn’t bother me at all. If it would’ve, [Mientkiewicz] would probably be on a stretcher, and I’d be out of the game.”
Oh, please, you string bean. Being tall just means you have farther to fall when you get your ass kicked.
But I don’t need to defend Doug because he took care of that himself:
“He’s been out of the game for three years in my mind. That just shows me how mentally weak he is.”
Oh, he di’id!
8. Not to leave the boys with no eye candy while the girls are feasting on Daniel Sepulveda, here’s a nice hi-res of Sonni Abatta playing softball (you might have to click on the picture for the super size), looking adorable, and being hot.
PittGirl can get away with a lot fashion-wise, but there are certain things I cannot get away with. One of those is wearing a baby stroller on my head and the other is tube socks.