Random n’at.

1. I would be a lot more willing to add paper to the copier/printer if someone would invent a ream of paper covered with a plastic that’s easy to open. Until then, I’ll just not print anything until the intern gets to it.

2. Do you want Greg Lloyd to come in your home, sweat on your couch, eat your food, drink your beer, and watch football with you?

For the low-low price of $10,000, your wish is granted.

I’m ashamed to say that when I heard the name Greg Lloyd, this was the face that popped into my head.

Weird.

3. Lukey says:

Folks need to sit down and figure out a way to get this done and figure out a way to move this forward,” he said. “If this process becomes one that’s litigated, everybody loses.”

Yeah, leave the law out of this! Says the guy that asked for a legal opinion on whether or not he should use his own money to buy Pens tickets.

PittGirl says DRINK! I’m having a Zima because I’m so insanely cool. Don’t be a hater.

(h/t Bill H)

4. Japan says pigeons are smarter than three-year-old humans.

On one hand, I’m all, well, THAT can’t be right. Three-year olds know not to poop on my head.

But on the other hand, I’m all, well, three-year-olds don’t know that when you’re playing in traffic, to jump out of the way of the bus at the very last second.

So, not sure where I’m standing on that issue.

Also, if you think pregnant women smoking pisses me off, it’s nothing compared to how much I want to choke a bitch when I see a mom walking down a downtown sidewalk not holding the hand of her toddler who is walking three paces behind Mommy.

There are dangers. Dangers like buses and pigeons. Hold your kids’ hands!

(h/t Eileen and Ms. Mon)

5. Do you watch So You Think You Can Dance? I do. Because I’m cool. Well, I Tivo it and watch it in 20 minutes time, but still, does anyone else ever want to slap the weird ego out of Mia Michaels. God. She grates.

6. My self-united husband Matt Lamanna talks dinosaurs for the PG. I could just look at his brain all day and not get bored with it.

1. katrina
    June 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Speaking of pigeons pooping on your head, one of the damn things just pooped on my arm. While I was getting my lunch in Schenley Plaza. The nice girl at the Bagel Factory kiosk let me wash (scrub, disinfect, swear) in their tiny little sink.

I guess I should be glad it wasn’t on my head. I’m not sure what I would have done.

Excuse me, but I need to go punt some pigeons now.

2. JamieO
    June 12, 2008 12:27 pm

PittGirl,

The only reason three-year-olds with bad parents don’t poop on your head is because of clothes and the fact they can’t get that high. If kids with bad parents were naked and could fly, head-pooping three-year-olds on the wing would be a national campaign issue.

And that lady with the baby buggy thing on her head would be a millionaire.

I completely hear you on the bad parenting thing. I just see some things I cannot get over, like seeing a kid sitting on a floor of Wegman’s grocery store up here, blocking cart traffic and playing, while her well-heeled mother “catches up” with her gal-pal.

And, no, some of you in PittGirl universe, my wife and I don’t have kids. But, save the “you don’t know anything, you don’t have kids.” I mean, I also don’t know how to drive an 18-wheeler big-rig truck, but I know it’s not a good idea to drive one off a cliff. Some things are just self-evident.

3. Kathy
    June 12, 2008 1:15 pm

4. As a mother of two, I completely agree with your frustration over bad parenting. Every time I see a bunch of kids bouncing around in the back of a car unbuckled I nearly scream and don’t even get me started on parents that ignore their children as they go around terrorizing others on the playground. Watch and control your kids!

5. Call me cool because I love So You Think You Can Dance. While Mia can be a bit much, I give her some slack because she is an artist and choreography is absolutely beautiful!

4. Stasia
    June 12, 2008 2:15 pm

I love Mia’s choreography on the show. :) I thought the Burton wedding dance was awesome, but I was really confused by the expression on the male dancer’s face at the end. Was he supposed to look like such a douchebag ie so evil?

5. Maria
    June 12, 2008 3:40 pm

I think that before anyone is allowed to be a parent, they must go through a rigerous screening process. A Parenting SAT test, if you will. If they don’t do well, oh well, tough luck, get a dog. I’m 25, so I’m beginning to notice children more, realizing that most likely in 10 years I’ll have one of my own. And oh my God, some people just shouldn’t be allowed to have children. About a month ago I was in the Forbes Avenue Rite Aid in Oakland, and this woman came in dragging her screaming child behind her. The kid wouldn’t shut up so the woman LEFT HIM OUTSIDE OF THE STORE WITH A HOMELESS MAN and bought hair dye. I almost had a coronary.

6. Nellie
    June 12, 2008 4:13 pm

It’s usually the people who say “My kid will never do that” that have the worse kids.

We just had a patient today who brought her 1st grader into our office. The whole time the mother was talking, he kept interupting her. She was going on and on about how they are moving to Fox Chapel because it’s better for the kid, and its all “about the kid”
    When she left, all in our office agreed. That exactly what’s wrong with the kids today. They think the world revolves around them. It’s not at all all about the kids.
    You bring children into your life, and you teach them how to act accordingly. Teach them how to survive in this world. And act appropriately.
    It’s not the other way around, which is what some of these young parents think.

7. Megan
    June 12, 2008 9:10 pm

As someone who’s had a child and now approved for domestic adoption – I wish every future parent had to go thru the adoption homestudy process – you learn a lot about yourself, your marriage (if applicable) and your abilities!

Yay for another season of SYTYCD!!! I don’t have a fave yet, but glad to see Twitch do so well :D

8. OutOfCounty
    June 12, 2008 9:32 pm

a big RIGHT ON about the reams of paper. haha. I wish we had an intern…

9. Pingback: sportsocracy [dot] org » Blog Archive » Avoid Lloyd In Your Own Home For $10K!

10. Sean
    June 12, 2008 10:54 pm

Thanks for the link. One of my dreams was to be linked on The Burgh Blog. Thank you for granting my wish!

11. Woy
    June 12, 2008 11:36 pm

It totally blows my mind when going to Magee and seeing pregnant woman after pregnant women (near full term, mind you) smoking outside.

Seriously, that’s pretty screwed up.

12. spoon
    June 13, 2008 7:05 am

OK, i’m going to try this again under the correct post this time…

hey woy,

13. windy city steel city
    June 13, 2008 1:32 pm

#4> I was driving through the back country of Butler county into Beaver County and saw a delivery truck on the roadside which advertised pigeon supplies. Wasn’t sure if I saw it right. However, after Googling “pigeon supplies”, a link to Foy’s Pigeon Supplies was at the top.

Here’s what’s frightening>
    1> I am now “birddogging” things I see on The Burgh Blog for Pitt Girl
    2> There are actually companies manufacturing and selling pigeon supplies which are not intended to kill them.
    3> There were a BUNCH of them