1. Sister of PittGirl, Pens Fan that is, opens the package of Hershey’s chocolate bars that were sitting out in preparation for S’mores-making after Father’s Day dinner and says, “Oh, crap!”
PittGirl: What’s wrong?
Pens Fan: I thought these were miniatures. [holds up a candy bar] They’re full size.
Pens Fan: Well, now I’m going to have to eat this whole damn thing.
Oh. I wasn’t aware that was a rule. Huh.
2. Wendy Bell gave birth to her twin boys yesterday, bringing the total number of her children to five and the total number of her boy children to five. Yikes.
3. 1.5 inches of rain + flooded basements = state of emergency?
And here I thought the math went:
1.5 inches of rain + flooded basements + man-eating GRABOIDS! = state of emergency.
But then again, math was never my strong subject.
4. Rocco Mediate versus Tiger Woods (how about that putt?!). My BIL predicts Tiger beats him by eight strokes. We’ll see.
5. Madame Abagael of The Wrecking Dolls wrote:
PittGirl, you missed a glorious, glorious feast of gloriousness last night. The Steel City Derby Demons Wrecking Dolls beat the previously undefeated Bitch Doctors!
They choked the bitches!
I plan to be at the July event. I have got to check this out.
6. Google Maps is trying to kill Burghers.
I particularly like the part where it instructs you to drive up the embankment.
7. You’re going to make a cheesy video about how awesome the Burgh is and after such awesomeness as Mister Rogers, Kennywood, Steelers, Penguins, Primantis, the incline, the rivers, the everything, you’re going to end it with the scourge of Satan?!
What the hell?
(h/t Linda, Angie, Gabbi, RuthAnn, Alex and anyone I missed.)
8. Men, your bulging wallet is a threat to your “entire musculoskeletal system.”
This has been a public service message from LaMont Jones.
9. Apparently, Plaxico Burress is still a world-class douchebag.
Three years left on his contract and he won’t work out with the team or show up for training camp unless he gets a new one now.
But, like he says, he’s just “standing up for what’s right.”
Forget standing up for equal-pay issues, or autism research, or human rights violations. He’s standing up for what’s truly, truly right: making more money! Yeah!
I’d like to “stand up for what’s right” and kick that guy in the nuts.