- June 18, 2008
- filed under David Conrad, Local media, Mayor Ravenstahl, Penguins, Pirates, The Damn Pigeons
1. One of my BILs gave me a CD he burned of all of David Cook’s American Idol performances, so I spent my drive to work this morning with a giant smile on my face as I jammed with Little Sparrow, rocked with Billy Jean and swayed through Music of the Night. Then right smack in the middle of the CD, there’s David Cook singing Everything I Do by Bryan Adams.
David Cook singing Bryan Adams in my car. That’s like carrot-cake flavored Dunkin’ Donuts coffee (which, why isn’t that a thing yet?).
2. If you’re planning to attend any of the nationally televised Steelers games this season, can I make a wardrobe suggestion? If you’re not going to go shirtless, paint your muffin top, and freeze your nipples off, here’s a great alternative to show those guys up in the booth that we’re proud of our confluence.
Also be sure to check out the new Babushka League shirts.
Tell Woy that PittGirl sent you and that she’s wondering what bitch she’s got to choke to get the next PittGirl shirt ready to go.
3. Speaking of shirts, this image from Schenley was plastered on the front page of the PG last week and I was all, “Forget the fact that I think she brutally hung Cookie Monster, what’s this shirt that kid is wearing? Does that say babies?!”
So I hunted and voila! He’s wearing this shirt:
He makes good babies, you guys.
Can you imagine if this kid shows up to pick up your daughter for a date while he’s wearing this shirt?
Might be a good time to let him know that a gun lives there and that it regularly sleeps with the bullets.
4. The Columbus Blue Jackets, (is that even a real team?), are interested in Ryan Malone.
I am going to be so sad when he leaves. Nobody ever took a puck to the face for me before.
5. Lukey and Erin are having a boy and I don’t think I’ve ever seen Lukey so relaxed in front of the camera. It’s a refreshing change from the “Keep your shit together. Don’t pee yourself. Don’t say move forward.” look that he’s usually got on his face.
(h/t Mysterious M)
6. Yesterday I almost Twittered “My hair needs cut. I’m looking like Medusa lately.” and then I remembered the verb TO BE was missing. You see? I’m WORKING on it. I am.
7. Today’s Wizard of Id:
Hah! Damn pigeons.
8. Mondesi’s House (would you believe that site is only two years old? What an accomplishment in two short years), is holding a vote to determine the most popular local sports media folks. Go vote. Tell them PittGirl sent you and that she’d like to vote for David Conrad if at all possible.
9. The Buccos of Suckitude lost 16-5 yesterday. I’m pretty sure they just redefined the phrase “epic fail.”