Random n’at.

1. One of my BILs gave me a CD he burned of all of David Cook’s American Idol performances, so I spent my drive to work this morning with a giant smile on my face as I jammed with Little Sparrow, rocked with Billy Jean and swayed through Music of the Night. Then right smack in the middle of the CD, there’s David Cook singing Everything I Do by Bryan Adams.

David Cook singing Bryan Adams in my car. That’s like carrot-cake flavored Dunkin’ Donuts coffee (which, why isn’t that a thing yet?).

Orgasmic.

2. If you’re planning to attend any of the nationally televised Steelers games this season, can I make a wardrobe suggestion? If you’re not going to go shirtless, paint your muffin top, and freeze your nipples off, here’s a great alternative to show those guys up in the booth that we’re proud of our confluence.

Also be sure to check out the new Babushka League shirts.

Tell Woy that PittGirl sent you and that she’s wondering what bitch she’s got to choke to get the next PittGirl shirt ready to go.

3. Speaking of shirts, this image from Schenley was plastered on the front page of the PG last week and I was all, “Forget the fact that I think she brutally hung Cookie Monster, what’s this shirt that kid is wearing? Does that say babies?!”

So I hunted and voila! He’s wearing this shirt:

He makes good babies, you guys.

Might be a good time to let him know that a gun lives there and that it regularly sleeps with the bullets.

4. The Columbus Blue Jackets, (is that even a real team?), are interested in Ryan Malone.

Step off!

I am going to be so sad when he leaves. Nobody ever took a puck to the face for me before.

5. Lukey and Erin are having a boy and I don’t think I’ve ever seen Lukey so relaxed in front of the camera. It’s a refreshing change from the “Keep your shit together. Don’t pee yourself. Don’t say move forward.” look that he’s usually got on his face.

(h/t Mysterious M)

6. Yesterday I almost Twittered “My hair needs cut. I’m looking like Medusa lately.” and then I remembered the verb TO BE was missing. You see? I’m WORKING on it. I am.

7. Today’s Wizard of Id:

Hah! Damn pigeons.

(h/t Steve)

8. Mondesi’s House (would you believe that site is only two years old? What an accomplishment in two short years), is holding a vote to determine the most popular local sports media folks. Go vote. Tell them PittGirl sent you and that she’d like to vote for David Conrad if at all possible.

9. The Buccos of Suckitude lost 16-5 yesterday. I’m pretty sure they just redefined the phrase “epic fail.”

1. strugglingwriter
    June 18, 2008 9:22 am

“Can you imagine if this kid shows up to pick up your daughter for a date while he’s wearing this shirt?”

If this dude showed up for a date with my daughter I’d pull out the ol’ hockey stick, not the lightweight composite one used for offense, but the heavy wooden Sherwood with the blood specks used for defensive purposes.

Then I’d pretend he was standing in front of my goal and pretend he was trying to screen my goaltender. I’m pretty sure he’d have to throw away the shirt after that.

June 18, 2008 9:31 am

1. The only comfort I get from this is knowing you have a carload of CDs of original music by Pittsburgh bands that you play for hours on end to atone for occasionally listening to a wannabe star in a manufactured karaoke contest.

Right?

3. Brian
    June 18, 2008 9:34 am

5. If Luke names his baby Toby Keith, I’ll cut his lawn every day until he’s no longer mayor.

4. Still A Dad
    June 18, 2008 9:39 am

Hit him in the donkey omelets!

5. deebee
    June 18, 2008 9:53 am

If my son walked down the stairs wearing that shirt I would pull out the hockey stick. Let him be seen in public wearing that shirt, I don’t think so. He’s 6’3″ ,I’m 5′ if I stand straight.

6. Brother Anthony
    June 18, 2008 9:55 am

Was his “Booty Patrol” t-shirt in the laundry?

7. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    June 18, 2008 9:57 am

Anyone wearing that shirt is lying cause anyone wearing that shirt should not be allowed to breed.

Well, maybe a supermodel could get away with wearing that shirt. And Sonni Abatta. Otherwise, people wearing that shirt should stay out of the gene pool.

8. FireMom
    June 18, 2008 10:16 am

First time commenter, stuck in Ohio. Sigh. And no, the Blue Jackets do not count as a real team. Do you know that people here don’t even WATCH hockey?! Can you IMAGINE? Sigh.

Someone get me outta here.

9. Dan (Not Onarato)
    June 18, 2008 11:10 am

I wonder if Wendy Bell (in all of her milf-like hottness) has that shirt?

10. Rick
    June 18, 2008 12:06 pm

If that dude showed up at my door for my daughter wearing that shirt…I would own his donkey-omelets! That’s church.

June 18, 2008 1:29 pm

“wizard of id” is still in production?

12. CL
    June 18, 2008 3:40 pm

Evgeni Malkin borrowed his “Looking 4 a Memorable One Night Stand” shirt.

13. Still A. Fan
    June 18, 2008 8:50 pm

i downloaded “hello” and it’s like 1:37. i felt so ripped off! i wasnt paying attention. shame on me.