- June 24, 2008
- filed under Celebrity sightings, Evgeni Malkin, Local media, Mayor Ravenstahl, Penguins, Pirates, The Damn Pigeons
1. Now. Where were we?
Right. A few days off for a boosting of the creative juices, a resting of the brain matter, and a gathering of the entire family in celebration for Father of PittGirl’s retirement party, which brought Tina Fey, Ohio Sister, Ta-Ta and their families to town and needless to say, I haven’t been sitting in the vicinity of a computer for four days.
I have however been sitting in the vicinity of cake, Zima, high-carb catered foods, pizza, poopy diapers, angry babies, and screaming children shoving foam guns in my face and firing at point blank range while yelling something that sounds like, “Blierg woejfdl dead plheuw gleif blam!” which I believe translates into, “You’re my favorite auntie EVER!”
2. With three sentences, Ian Snell demonstrates what the hell is wrong with the attitudes of many of the Buccos of Suckitude players:
“There are probably 100 pitchers in the big leagues not doing well that people expected to do well. It [stinks], but it’s fact. You’re going to have bad years before you have great ones. Right now, I’m having a bad one. Big deal.”
Dude, when you’re paid the money you’re being paid ($24.6 million) to throw a ball and your team hasn’t managed to win in a decade and a half, it is a big deal when one of our few decent pitchers has a bad season.
If it’s not a big deal to you, make it a big deal, would ya? Could ya?
Just once, in the midst of a bad season, I’d like to see this printed in the PG and attributed to a Bucco, “Wow. I [stink], don’t I? But I’m going to work my [butt] off and I’m going to fix this [crap] because I can do better and I will [fudgin’] do better.”
Again, it’s called giving a damn.
3. Yesterday, Tina Fey and I hit up Target to purchase birthday gifts for one of the 6,229 (it seems) children in our family and I saw these hilarious stickers and for the first time since I was 12, I bought myself some stickers.
It’s Happy Bunny stickers to be exact. I am going to get so much use out of these.
Here’s one I plan to stick on Lukey’s Trapper Keeper:
4. So we’re losing Marian Hossa to free-agency, we’re losing Gary Roberts to free-agency, and we could have lost Evgeni Malkin to SHITLOADS OF TAX-FREE MONEY!
Thank God that Malkin values winning and staying a Penguin more than he values SHITLOADS OF TAX-FREE MONEY!
5. Jack Wilson’s children’s names are:
Son Jacob, 6, and two daughters Jaidyn, 2, and Jersi, 9 months
Those names. Normal, kinda normal, and not normal at all.
At this rate of downhill naming, If they have another child, I imagine they’ll name it Jabberwocky.
6. Larry Richert of KDKA co-wrote a movie that is currently being filmed here in the Burgh with a cast of actors that includes Daryl Hannah, George Lopez, Eric Roberts, Michael Madsen, and bunches of others.
Daryl Hannah, who plays a therapist in the movie, wandered over to a gathering of reporters yesterday after eating lunch.
“I like stories about horses,” said Hannah, explaining her attraction to the part.
Daryl Hannah just went so deep so fast, I hope she doesn’t get the bends on her way back up.
My brain is all, “Surprisingly, PittGirl, this totally computes.”
8. If PittGirl drew a comic strip … that one would end with that guy covered in the sweet blood of dead pigeons.
I have a dream…