Random n’at.

1. So, as soon as these little trolls, who have apparently been charged by Satan with scrubbing my throat raw with rusty Brillo pads, are gone, I’m going to be 100%. For now, though, I’m 75% and mainlining tequila. It’s a good burn.

2. It’s hard to complain about being sick when you see John Challis hanging out in the press box at the Yankees/Buccos of Suckitude game and seeing him all thin, sick, and gray and hearing him say, “Aw. I ain’t nothin’ special.”

Dude. The fact that you don’t think you’re anything special, makes you even more special.

John also launched his Courage for Life Foundation. Check it out here. Online donations will be up and running soon. I’d love for someone to donate a professionally designed logo for this kid’s foundation.

3. Marian Hossa said no to $7 million a year from the Penguins. I’m more than a little miffed at him.

The Penguins recently offered Hossa, 29, a long-term deal reportedly worth $50 million over seven years. The Bruins likely would not top that, but given that Chara is a good friend, and Chiarelli was Ottawa’s assistant GM when Hossa played for the Senators, it’s conceivable he could find Boston more to his liking than Pittsburgh.

If you’re not miffed at Hossa, then you’ll be interested in this site begging him to stay.

4. Don Barden can’t seem to get a hold of his cash flow problems. This doesn’t bode well for the casino being built on time. It bodes very well for those of us that would like to start our Friday off with an early drink.

We need to continue to move this project forward,” Ravenstahl said. “We need to continue the construction, and Mr. Barden obviously needs to find a way to get the financing in place.”

I’m already deep in the Corralejo sauce, so what’s one more?

(h/t Bill)

5. Several readers (hiya NYLuvsPitts, Kevin, Jan, MiamiShyner, and Bob from Virginia) sent me a link to an NFL.com video of Troysus’ off season workouts at Sports Lab. Most notably, as NY pointed out, it appears that Troysus finally shaved. But I wasn’t convinced. I was sure it was an old Sports Lab testimonial video, but I finally did the research and it does appear that this is a new video.

TROYSUS SHAVED!

The hot is back.

Hallelujah!

6. Matt Lamanna does what he does best.

Talks to me dirty about dinosaurs.

Mrowr.

June 27, 2008 9:34 am

A guy who runs gambling dens full of one-armed bandits turns out to be a double dealer now that he’s got the city by the nads?

Gee, who saw THAT coming?

June 27, 2008 10:21 am

nice to see polamalu looking less and less like the “love guru”.

3. lovesthenorthside
    June 27, 2008 10:29 am

don’t even get me started on that monstrosity going up on the north shore…

glad to hear tequila is working for you, pg. how nice of lukey to cooperate.

4. gunnlino
    June 27, 2008 10:33 am

Recalling the shock on the faces of his competitors for the gambling license when Barden was rewarded for his smoke and mirrors program in Harrisburg only serves as a collective “I told you so”!
    One has to wonder, just who is in this guys pocket locally for this fiasco to continue as it has.

Now if someone could talk Troy into a very minor trim to clean up the shaggy homeless guy look……….

5. KGC
    June 27, 2008 10:38 am

bucdaddy..

I’d keep a watch on the Detroit news for later today and over the weekend. A rumor is going around regarding Barden and his finances (lack of $$), which I will not repeat here. Let’s see – at least $10M due contractors on Monday for work done in April and May. No $$. Hmmmm…

I wouldn’t be surprised if the rumor were to be true. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – Barden will NOT be the eventual builder/owner of the casino.

6. dwight
    June 27, 2008 11:12 am

T(r)oying with my emotions, PG …

4. The casino crap had me all pissy and annoyed for yet another misstep by Boy Blunder, Lukey.

5. A shirtless and beefy Polamalu has me all giddy like a schoolgirl. (A very manly schoolgirl.)

June 27, 2008 11:24 am

oh, yeah — the whole casino thing just cracks me up.

I will never step foot in that joint anyway (if it ever gets completed), so it doesn’t matter much to me. but, I do wonder if lukey has the groups who lost out on the license on speed dial if barden goes belly up.

8. NY Luvs Pitts
    June 27, 2008 11:40 am

Glad you’re feeling better.

9. Dan (Not Onarato)
    June 27, 2008 11:56 am

HMMM If Barden goes belly up…Isle of Capri can always take it and build a sports venue…who needs a new place? the Pens?
    Buccos? Stillers?

Im not really shocked to see this coming…

10. expghgirl
    June 27, 2008 12:37 pm

FYI I overheard one of the VP’s in my office use the phrase “moving forward” twice today. I had two big gulps of cool refreshing water in honor of this faux pas…if anyone out there can do better than water for me, please do so! Much appreciated!

11. PittCheMBA
    June 27, 2008 5:12 pm

#4 – The PA Gaming Board may not want to admit that it made the wrong choice in awarding the slots license to a Broke Barden. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

12. scottie
    June 28, 2008 8:50 am

I’ve found that tequila, especially mixed with lime and some salt, is a wonderful cure for sore throat. It can’t be frozen…just on the rocks… and it will soothe whatever ails ya. Trust me. The Margarita Method has been used by yours truly for a few years to combat that just less than strep sore throat feeling. :)