- June 27, 2008
- filed under Hot Burghers, Matt Lamanna, Mayor Ravenstahl, Penguins, Pirates, Troy Polamalu
1. So, as soon as these little trolls, who have apparently been charged by Satan with scrubbing my throat raw with rusty Brillo pads, are gone, I’m going to be 100%. For now, though, I’m 75% and mainlining tequila. It’s a good burn.
2. It’s hard to complain about being sick when you see John Challis hanging out in the press box at the Yankees/Buccos of Suckitude game and seeing him all thin, sick, and gray and hearing him say, “Aw. I ain’t nothin’ special.”
Dude. The fact that you don’t think you’re anything special, makes you even more special.
John also launched his Courage for Life Foundation. Check it out here. Online donations will be up and running soon. I’d love for someone to donate a professionally designed logo for this kid’s foundation.
3. Marian Hossa said no to $7 million a year from the Penguins. I’m more than a little miffed at him.
The Penguins recently offered Hossa, 29, a long-term deal reportedly worth $50 million over seven years. The Bruins likely would not top that, but given that Chara is a good friend, and Chiarelli was Ottawa’s assistant GM when Hossa played for the Senators, it’s conceivable he could find Boston more to his liking than Pittsburgh.
If you’re not miffed at Hossa, then you’ll be interested in this site begging him to stay.
4. Don Barden can’t seem to get a hold of his cash flow problems. This doesn’t bode well for the casino being built on time. It bodes very well for those of us that would like to start our Friday off with an early drink.
“We need to continue to move this project forward,” Ravenstahl said. “We need to continue the construction, and Mr. Barden obviously needs to find a way to get the financing in place.”
I’m already deep in the Corralejo sauce, so what’s one more?
5. Several readers (hiya NYLuvsPitts, Kevin, Jan, MiamiShyner, and Bob from Virginia) sent me a link to an NFL.com video of Troysus’ off season workouts at Sports Lab. Most notably, as NY pointed out, it appears that Troysus finally shaved. But I wasn’t convinced. I was sure it was an old Sports Lab testimonial video, but I finally did the research and it does appear that this is a new video.
The hot is back.
6. Matt Lamanna does what he does best.
Talks to me dirty about dinosaurs.