Rumble grumble.

Dear WeatherPeople of the Burgh:

I’ll believe this forecast when the sun actually shows up for more than two hours without running away screaming from the giant blackish purple clouds of doom and hail and HAHA!  Let’s go mess with PittGirl’s new Dish TV/HD set-up and show that tripod-mounted sissy satellite dish who’s boss.

I’m tired of it.

I’m tired of looking at the forecast to see that today, just today, it will storm … followed by four days of sun.  Every single day.  And the sun never comes to stay.  The forecast just keeps changing.  Oh, did we say it would be sunny on Sunday?  Yeah, that’s not happening.  But it will be sunny on Monday.  Sunday is going to be the usual hail and shit.

Oh, did we say it would be sunny on Monday?  Yeah, funny thing about Monday …

I’m tired of enjoying myself at a party, sitting outside having a nice conversation with my imaginary self-united husbands, just to look to the west and see the now commonplace ominous curtain of purple moving in rapidly — so fast that we’re suddenly pelted with mini-hail, and David Conrad grabs his book and takes off running all, “With hey, ho, the wind and the rain, A foolish thing was but a toy, For the rain it raineth every day.”

Daniel will look very puzzled and say, “I don’t get why you had to marry him, too.  He makes no sense. Like ever.” and then he gently picks me up and runs for cover while punting pigeons left and right and Matt jogs alongside holding the umbrella muttering, “You think he’s bad?  She’s thinking about marrying Doug Mientkiewicz, too.”

Oh.  Yes.

1. Allison
    June 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Oh how right you are about this crappy weather. I hate the way it always changes, and it never is *actually* nice out.

2. Joe
    June 30, 2008 4:55 pm

I lived in the ‘burgh for 9 years so I know about how it rains through the end of June.

However

I moved out to Bellingham, WA (100 miles north of Seattle) a little over a year ago. Out here, they don’t even bother putting the sun in the picture. Just clouds and rain. Every day of the year.

Add to that the number of arguments I get into over how the people here believe the Steelers stole the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.

If given the choice, I would be back in Pittsburgh faster than you can say Primantis (French fries in a sandwich, mmm…)

3. educ8rshan
    June 30, 2008 5:04 pm

oh yes, the joy of living in the burgh. i drove up from va for a week with the family only to realize as we travelled north that the temp was dropping ever so rapidly! i was all “WTF?! someone should have told me to bring the winter coat. it’s like a frozen tundra here?! where are my lovely 85 degree temps and sunny skies that i have gotten used to in va?!” and as we are planning to move back to these wonderful overcast, stormy skies in a few weeks, i had to ask my child, “are you SURE you want to move back?! i mean, really?!” as i look outside, the sun is trying so hard to stay out and make for a nice evening of little league baseball, but i’m sure the rain will move BACK in sooner or later. blah!

4. Slick Move Girl
    June 30, 2008 6:53 pm

PittGirl:
    If you can’t take the rain and lack of sun and your thinking of moving go to slickmove.net and get the Slick Move Guide to save money and avoid those infamous mistakes!!!

5. Stacey
    June 30, 2008 9:46 pm

Don’t feel bad… you now have the same exact weather as we have in Orlando through the summer… throw in the occasional hurricane warning though!

6. BIGGEORGE
    July 1, 2008 6:10 am

It could be worse.. Back in 92 or 93 it
    rained every weekend during the summer.

the week was all sunny and bright, but
    come weekend it was raining.

7. retiredguy
    July 1, 2008 7:05 am

I remember when I was stationed in “sunny California”, Monterey to be exact. It was always so foggy and overcast that I was there for about 3 months before I found out that you could see the ocean from my barracks.

On the plus side with all this rain, I haven’t had to water the flowers or veggie garden.

8. DW
    July 1, 2008 7:57 am

I just got back from LA/Laguna Beach and the weather was spectacular. It was very hard to board that flight home.
    Now, they do have that “marine layer” that clouds things up right along the beach, I agree, retiredguy. But if you go inland like a mile it’s gone.
    And what the hell is a “marine layer?” It’s FOG, Californians w/ your great weather. We debated that w/ Rocco on one hole when we were following him. He wanted to say “marine layer” on tv to sound cool even though we all agreed it was FOG. He was very, very witty and a great guy with the crowd.

July 1, 2008 8:58 am

shitty weather — a western pennsylvania staple.

but — it’ll be nice today — which is good, with another big softball league game on tonight….

10. gunnlino
    July 1, 2008 9:37 am

You know, the lot of you would complain if you were hung with a new rope.
    In winter it’s too cold, there’s too much snow, blah, blah, blah. The news people go ballistic every time it going to snow.

In summer it’s too hot or there’s too much rain, or “the sun never comes out”,

While it is a ‘Burghers birth right to complain about anything and everything, if you don’t like things the way they are, leave.

It’s Western PA people!