Random n’at.

1.  Did anyone see the lady on America’s Got Talent who crushed stuff with her ginormous boobs?  Can you tell me, please.  Were those real?  Seriously.  I want to know.

2.  This might be the fastest I have ever fallen in love with a new Burgh site.  Stuff Yinzers Like. When your “About” page is as funny as theirs, you know it’s going to be a kickass site:

First, our sincere apologizes to the geniuses at Stuff White People Like. Like Jesus (R.I.P. Spring, 33 A.D., Un-R.I.P. three days later), George Carlin (R.I.P. 6/22/2008), Madonna (Virginity R.I.P. Sometime in 1984) and Caroline Rhea (Career R.I.P 2007), you blazed a trail on which us mere mortals can only hope to follow, stealing your comedic model along the way. If immitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then consider us the Judge Joe Brown, Judge Judy, Judge Mathis and Judge Alex to your Judge Wapner.

Oh, that Jesus RIP thing made me laugh.

(h/t Woy)

3.  Sean Avery really is a douche on ice (start near paragraph 5).

(h/t Rachel)

4.  I wonder what happens if you poop in a pigeon coop.  Does it confuse them too, or do they just get all, “PAISANO!”

(h/t JamieO)

5.  About those girls from Upper St. Clair that were raped in school:

The next day, Jane Doe reported the rape to Ms. Haguel, who went to school administrators. They called the 16-year-old girl’s parents and Upper St. Clair police. At that time, the girl said, police interviewed her about the alleged assaults.

Ms. Haguel told the boy to write notes of apology to his victims during his in-school suspension, according to Jane Doe’s federal lawsuit. But the 16-year-old said in the interview if that happened, she never received an apology from him.

Write a note of apology?   WTF?  Saying what?  “Hey, sorry I raped/molested you and possibly stole your innocence.  Do you forgive me?  Circle yes or no.”

God.  When you read that article … that kid should have been stopped a long long time ago.

1. HokieRider
    July 3, 2008 12:14 pm

Avery is pure class there. I’m sure Vogue is thrilled to have him.

2. Sarah
    July 3, 2008 1:17 pm

That 14 year old boy needs help.

And how could it be that the school had video of him assulting the girl and didn’t think there was enough “evidence” to PUNISH him?

3. Heather
    July 3, 2008 2:35 pm

If I were a parent or even just a tax payer in USC I would be FURIOUS. That is horrible and sadly it’s very common for schools to try to conceal negative publicity. I read that story this morning and it really bothered me. I’m sure that it took a huge amount of courage for a young girl to come forward and report the wrong doing and for the school administrators to do nothing is just plain wrong.

July 3, 2008 2:35 pm

#5: WOW.

that’s all I can say.

5. KGC
    July 3, 2008 3:57 pm

#5..

Also, WOW. Can you say major $$$ lawsuit? If any of the information in the story is true, certain teachers and administrators should be sent packing – NOW. The parents need to go to jail, too, because they probably know all about this type of behavior; it doesn’t start overnight.

I’d like to think my only daughter would have rendered a pair of donkey omelettes useless the 1st time… with her knee. I won’t say what I’d do, but it would be justifiable.

6. scottie
    July 3, 2008 6:16 pm

I’m sorry I ruined your life. Please accept my apology. Oh, and if you want to go to the prom with me, slip a note in my locker.

FAAAWWWWWKKKKKKK!!!

What is this world comin’ to?

7. retiredguy
    July 4, 2008 10:26 am

Some of these suburban school districts and police departments will do anything to keep reports of crime quiet. If the school district has a bad rap, people don’t move there, if people don’t move there, people don’t pay taxes there.

Bethel Park High School is known as “heroin high” because when kids from Bethel are caught with heroin, or OD (and survive), they are charged with possession. Right, wrong or indifferent, they are charged with the hope that it may start them on the road to recovery.

Now, there are just as much (if not more) drugs at South Park, Mt. Lebo, Upper St. Clair and Peters. You just don’t hear about it.

Believe me, I have no love for Bethel Park school board, having been in tax appeals 3 time and being hauled into appeals court because I won my assessment appeal, but at least they’re not keeping drugs a dirty little secret.

8. Ravishing Rick
    July 4, 2008 11:50 am

7.retiredguy

Certain school districts hire a public relations person
    that only puts out or lets out what the school board and
    facilitators want to be known there are several sets of board policy ones that the General Public sees which as the basic board policy procedures and ones that the board actually uses it has the ” basic board policy procedures”
    in it plus more info that also should be public knowledge

9. lin
    July 5, 2008 3:23 pm

So proud to be a USC alum. Not.

10. Sofa King
    July 7, 2008 10:42 am

Unbelievable. The administration at USC is getting exactly what they dserve in this P.R. sh*tstorm that they have brought upon themselves.

The sick little s.o.b. that perpetrated these acts needs to be tried as an adult and locked up for life. If he’s doing these things now and at such a young age, imagine what he’d be capable of in 10 or 20 years? Better yet, one of the fathers of the victims needs to put a call in to his cousin Guido and make this kid disappear for good.

11. Sarah
    July 9, 2008 2:47 pm

@retiredguy –

Montour was also known as “heroin high” unfortunately not because the actions the school was taking against it – because of it’s abundance in and around the school. And it was a school that you never really hear about at all.

Sad to say that since we graduated a few years ago we’ve already lost 2 students (that I know of) to drug overdoses.

I just wish there were more people willing to drag out dirty laundry about their schools so that it can be taken care of – Bethel seems to be on the right track.

Also – you’d be amazed at how many people OD and survive and aren’t charged with anything, not just in schools – in urban and suburban neighborhoods, regardless of income or class. I really do look at addiction as an illness and the charge not so much as a punishment, but as an opportunity to change. There are quite few people out there that would like to change their situation but either don’t know how or can’t afford to (yeah, I know, they can afford the drugs, but not the treatment, sounds crazy right? It’s true…)

Be that as it may – no school is perfect, but I would much rather have my kids go to one that is open and honest with the community, rather than sweeping the bad stuff under the rug…