Hottest Mommy ever.

So Wendy Bell, who just a few short weeks ago gave birth to her fourth and fifth sons (yikes.  I mean really. Yikes!) reappeared on the air not too long after.  That’s when the reader emails started.  Wendy Bell!  Back to work?!  WTF?

Here’s what’s up:

My sons are still in the ICU — I think today makes day 23… and it just didn’t make any sense for me to use up my maternity leave without the little munchers home from the hospital. Bobby comes home this Thursday and Christopher on Sunday, so this Wednesday will be my last day on the air.  I’ll take 12 weeks off to focus solely on my 5 boys — and return to work some time in early October.

Hope you’re well —

There you have it.  Straight from the Hotness.

Now, I’m going to go bug her about bringing back the baby blog, because I imagine twin boys bring lots of hilarious hijinks and practical jokes, right?

1. Marcy
    July 7, 2008 2:44 pm

LOVE Wendy Bell. I miss her blog, also. Stupid haters.

2. STL WENDY FAN!
    July 7, 2008 2:45 pm

Unlike so my people. I wish Wendy the best of everything! I hope she brings back the Baby Blog too!

July 7, 2008 3:24 pm

Wendy kicks Angelina’s ass. And when her twins grow up, they can kick Angelina’s twins’ asses too.

4. KGC
    July 7, 2008 4:26 pm

That has to be one of the cutest pictures I’ve ever seen. Sorta reminds me of how my brother and I dressed and looked when we were little tykes in WV in the late 50s/early 60s.

We were only 9 mos apart in age (I’m the older one) and were a LOT to handle. Hehehehehe. :) Let’s see… there was the rock battle when I was 10 (major stitches to the head).. the bright idea to use a car hood to snow ride on the back side of the hill on the adjoining farm (rocketed down – until the trees at the bottom got in the way)… the ramp jump for our coaster-brake bikes… the time my brother was riding one of the horses fast and forgot about a low-hanging branch (the hose ducked, he wasn’t looking, ouch)… You get the picture. We’re still alive, but there were doubts at times. Mom was and is a saint. :)

5. gunnlino
    July 7, 2008 4:32 pm

God Bless Wendy and her children,
    pigeon shit on the haters.

6. chrys
    July 7, 2008 4:52 pm

Love Wendy. I miss her blog too. It always made me laugh.. my kids are the same age as her 2 older kids.. I could always relate. Have fun with those 5 little boys Wendy. :) And bring back the blog!!

7. Diamond
    July 7, 2008 5:32 pm

Sorry, but I don’t buy all that lovey doveyness with her and her brood. Truthfully,she should have stayed home from the getgo, and helped the three older ones get ready for the twins. She is very fake and comes across as such. I switched from Channel 4 to KDKA when she became an anchor, though I always switch back when she is not on.

8. Nel
    July 7, 2008 6:15 pm

I enjoy watching her.
    But I thought who’s watching all the kids at home? Who’s sitting with the baby in the hospital while she’s working?
    My preemie baby was born when my oldest was was 22 months. My husband and I would alternate, while one went to hospital, one stayed home with kids.For two months we did that. With all the running to the hospital and watching the kids when at home,my husband and I had our hands pretty full. I ended up quitting my job and staying home for the next 15 years. We had no money, but I got to raise my kids myself.
    I always get clobbered for this, but I have always felt, why have all those kids if someone else is going to raise them?
    But to each his own.
    My cousin just had her 7th boy (at 46). And I have a good friend who has 6 boys.
    They can never get all 6 boys to behave all at the same time. When 4 are behaving, two others are beating each other up in some corner.

9. PittGirl
    July 7, 2008 7:12 pm

Wow. I want to choke some bitches.

10. nel
    July 7, 2008 9:33 pm

Yeah, I figured you wouldn’t like that comment—I actually like her though, what she does is her own business, those are just my thoughts.
    Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them.
    Lord knows I’ll never win any parenting awards!

11. Woy
    July 7, 2008 9:38 pm

Thanks for finding that out… I was wondering why she was back so soon.

12. Burgh Baby
    July 7, 2008 10:58 pm

I’ll hold the bitch while PG chokes the bitch. GAWD.

I love Wendy Bell and I LOVED her blog. It’s too bad a few idiots drove her to quit writing it.

13. Diamond
    July 8, 2008 5:59 am

Y’all are missing the point: gather round the family and not go back to work upon giving birth, especially when there so MANY CHILDREN. There will be plenty of time to return to work. I do not have a problem with that. It’s all well and and good to have children but hold up a bit and take in the big picture. There is no way anyone could devote quality time to any of the children, if the parents are at work from the getgo.
    I for one hope she does not bring back her Baby Blog. It was a little TMI for my taste. Plus there are so many child predators out there, I would fear that someone is watching her kids from afar. I would love to be able to see into the future and see how those kids will be like in about five years.It can be tough with two let alone five children. Hot Mama?? I don’t think so.

14. BIGGEORGE
    July 8, 2008 7:50 am

There is no right way to raise children.

no. 1 sister stayed home, untill both kids
    were in school full time. She started to
    work part time while they were in school.

no. 2 sister worked full time. All of the
    salery she made paid for very good child
    care. Now she has 20+ years in and can
    eventually retire to help her grandkids
    as her mother helped her.

no. 3 sister worked night shift. She got
    to move up in her job and be there for her
    kids.

All the kids are normal and growing up
    just fine. going to school, college,
    marriage, etc.

BIGGEORGE

15. sunshine
    July 8, 2008 8:03 am

There is nothign wrong with coming back to work while your babies are getting the best care in the NICU. I went back to work while my son ( born 14 weeks early )was in the NICU. This helped me save my time and prepare at home after I finished work and the long hours at the NICU. Nothing wrong with that, besides the hospital nurses and doctors tell you to go back to work because all you do in the NICU is sit there and stare at your babies. Wendy’s older boys need to have their schedule / routine so very close to normal. And Normal for them is mom at work for part of the day!!!! GOOD JOB WENDY.. GOOD CHOICE!

16. Kelli
    July 8, 2008 8:07 am

I don’t really care about her parenting decisions – that is up to her and her family.

But I will say, I just don’t think she is all that hot. Not at all, really. I just don’t get it.

17. Kelli
    July 8, 2008 8:25 am

I felt bad after I said that – because I didn’t mean I found her ugly either.

Wendy is a reasonably attractive woman.

What I don’t get is the folks who go on & on about her. Not just in the blogosphere, but I’ve been hearing it tons in real life too.

Often at the weirdest moments.

18. spoon
    July 8, 2008 8:37 am

Wow I can’t believe how many people are bent over this. I for one will miss the blog and hate to see anyone stop because some knuckleheads cause too much grief.

None of us have a right to question Wendy’s decision. That was hers. Maybe you would have done it different but that’s you, not her. I’m sure she didn’t release all of the details as to what was going on because we’re the public, not family. Every blogger has a right to disclose as much or as little as they wish.

Some may say she should have been by their side 24/7 but honestly if the doctors thought they were terminal I’m sure she would have as would any mother. We don’t know if WTAE rules with an iron fist with maternity leave as some companies do. If it made sense that she works until they’re ready to come home then why waste the time? Now she can dedicate more time to the kids when she can help.

Point is we shouldn’t bash her for her decision. She made what was best knowing her situation better than any of us.

cheers Wendy!

19. Sue
    July 8, 2008 8:38 am

Good comment, Big George. I agree, it is what you make of it. Three different families, raising their kids three different ways, all with the same outcome. Don’t be hating on the go back to workers, or the stay at home mom’s. We’re all trying to do the same thing, raise our children to be productive citizens. We do what we have to do, granted in today’s expensive world, many mother’s have not choice but to work.

20. PittGirl
    July 8, 2008 8:47 am

FYI, Wendy did mention that the babies are not in any danger. They’re just growing.

21. PittinDC
    July 8, 2008 8:51 am

I totally agree with what others have said – everyone should choose what is best for them and their children. Every situation is different!

Plus, staying at home with your kids today is a totally different thing when I was growing up in the 80s. Back then, most moms stayed home, so I had all sorts of kids to play with. Now, my mom babysits my cousin’s kid, and there aren’t any kids around becuase they all go to daycare and camps all year round, so he’s lonely and always looking for friends.

22. efw_west
    July 8, 2008 9:14 am

I prefer a little more professionalism from a news anchor and Wendy Bell misses that on all levels. Not a fan of hers at all, but I do wish her the best in her personal life.

23. STL WENDY FAN!
    July 8, 2008 9:17 am

It’s a shame that so many people have nothing better to do than send Nasty-grams to Wendy. None of us are perfect. Only GOD is.

24. Lyon Advocate
    July 8, 2008 9:53 am

A few recent examples of God’s perfection: Hurricane Katrina; September 11, 2001; genocide in Darfur …

July 8, 2008 10:24 am

meh — not a wendy fan here either, but not a hater (so, save the pigeon shit).

but, congrats to her on the newbies — great that they’re getting out of the ICU soon.

and, yep, it’s HER decision on what she does with her job, her babies, her blog, her hairstyle — NOT any of ours.

26. Heidi
    July 9, 2008 6:55 pm

Lyon Advocate: Not to get all religious on you, but God never promised perfection on earth.

27. OutOfCounty
    July 9, 2008 8:05 pm

Wow Lyon Advocate…not the place to complain about God, I don’t think that’s the matter at hand…

I don’t have any kids yet but I HATE when people give child advice and try to push their thoughts and beliefs on other moms. Or even just when they judge other moms. It’s not anyone else’s decision.

So leave Wendy Bell alone.

I personally can’t imagine not working…I would never be content to just stay at home all the time. Some people have lives outside of the home, careers even. When I do have children (and I do WANT to have kids), I intend to continue working because I didn’t go to college to sit at home.

28. Dean J
    July 15, 2008 8:44 am

Man, her hair in her picture on the header of her blog is… um, feeling dated. Or full of hairspray.

The picture of her about halfway down her blog’s front page, yeah, okay, she’s got the attractive down.

29. aimee
    July 15, 2008 10:58 pm

aimee said …

To all of you who disrespect Wendy’s personal decision to return to work while the twins were in the wonderful care of the nicu:

First off it is NONE of anyone’s buisness what they do! If she was not in the media none of you onlookers would have a clue what their decisons as parents were.

Second: I believe that she made a wise choice, my son was in the nicu for a month, I am not a crack head drug addict nor was I “too good” to sit in the hospital 24/7 with my son, that is what we paid the 30 some thousand dollars for! That excelent care my son needed. I was there every day several times a day to bond and check on him, he needed time to grow as Wendy’s twins did. Now if there would have been a serious problem, damn right I would have been there 24/7! But my son needed rest, he needed time to develope, and I honestly needed that time to recover and prepare myself.
    My son, now 12 is perfectly fine, he has suffered no effects of abandonment from leaving him in the nicu alone with the doctors and nurses.
    So my question to all of you parents that feel as if she has done wrong
    (done wrong in whos eyes mind you… that the bible does mention something about not judging people)
    and to all those parents that have felt the need to sit in the hospital (with an child that was not sick) hour after hour day after day…what did that do? did it help them grow? did you really bond sitting there in uncomfortable chairs looking through a bubble wishing you could take them home, getting in the nurses way trying to make small talk with them while they TRY to do their job. NO! you would have been more productive preparing you home for a new life to join your family and getting the much needed rest for when they do arrive home HEALTHY! with much Thanks to all of those WONDERFUL doctors and nurses that are there 24/7 to watch over and care for your newborn!

I am not sure why people feel the need to post such negative things about anyone, if you don’t like someone of something, then don’t read it or watch it! Just like the waitress at your favorite reataurant, yea you know the one, that one in a bad mood that complains about everything the one that ruins your great night out….Well my theory is: if you don’t like your job….QUIT!!! Find something in your life that makes you happy! And for all of you in that situation: take a good look at yourselves, you are only making negative comments about others becasue you are insecure with your own life and the decisons that you have made. You make others look bad so you so you take the focus off of what you have done wrong!

Much love,joy,happiness and sanity to you and your beautiful family

30. STL WENDY FAN!
    September 7, 2008 6:10 pm

wendy is coming back in two weeks!!