Random n’at.

1.  I’m trying very hard not to be a whiny bitch, but seriously, I’m so sick with a recurrence of Texas Death that I might need the wah-mbulance.

2.  This has nothing to do with the color of his skin, okay?  Jesse Jackson is a giant idiot.

“And this thing I said in a hot-mic statement that’s interpreted as a distraction, I offer apology for that. I don’t want harm or hurt to come to this campaign.”

Dude.  I don’t think any harm or hurt came to his campaign.  I think harm or hurt came to your reputation.

3.  Blogger Dispatcher From Hell is having a baby and she and her hubby have gone all out on a Penguins-themed nursery.  Check out that hand-painted center ice logo. They should have painted the severed head of Marian Hossa rolling around the ice.

But I’m not bitter.  Much.

4.  The Burgh Girl Next Door needs our help:

PittGirl,

I desperately need your help, as my brain is about to explode.  Many years ago (perhaps in 1999 or 2000) during the international boy band craze, a Pittsburgh radio station (or maybe TV station….but I really think radio station) formed their own boyband which came to be called CRUSH, and I believe their only single was called “I’ve Got a Crush on You.”

My problem is that song used to crack me up, and I had it downloaded ages ago but lord only knows what happened to it.  I can’t find ANY EVIDENCE of ANY OF THIS on the Internet, so I need the help of you and your readers.  Who was the station?  Where can I get the song?

Seeing as I have the most awesome, most knowledgeable readers on the planet, I expect this mystery to be solved in the next ten minutes.  Just watch.

5.  Whereas before he claimed he was missing OTAs because he didn’t want to get injured, now the Asshat says it was family stuff:

It is our duty as an NFL player, as a professional to say, ‘OK, I want to be at all the OTAs.’ But family situations come up, personal things come up. And for people to say we don’t show up, or a lot of guys only come to certain OTAs when they feel like it, it’s all voluntary.

“I didn’t feel like I needed to show up to every OTA, so I didn’t show up to every OTA. At the same time, I was respectful with it. I called coach (Mike Tomlin), I texted him, I let him know. I called my quarterback (Ben Roethlisberger). I called Hines (Ward). I called Nate (Washington). I told those guys, ‘I won’t be in this week. This is what’s happening with me and the family.’

Believe what you will.

I believe that this photo makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

(h/t the new Steelers News Network)

6.  The tunnel borer broke down six feet from shore this morning.  While you’re waiting for the new part to be delivered and installed, why not spend some time at the Bore to the Shore site where you can go to the Bore Store and voluntarily give the Port Authority some more of your hard-earned money by purchasing one of these ridic shirts:

7.  A baby girl elephant was born at the zoo yesterday and the zoo was sure to let us know that the mother, the 200 lb. baby, and the daddy Jackson are all doing fine.

Thank God, because I was really worried about how Jackson was going to pull through watching his babymama squeeze out a 200-lb baby.  That’s hard work for a dad.  I hope he remembered the breathing exercises.

1. john
    July 10, 2008 9:50 am

why dont they just get a pick and shovel and finish the last 6 ft. You know Mayor Ravensthal was bummed..it delayed a photo op.

July 10, 2008 9:50 am

#2: you nailed it on its head, PG.

this is why obama won’t have jesse (or sharpton, for that matter) out on the trail with him.

anyone rememeber that “saturday tv funhouse” cartoon on SNL not too long ago that depicted both of those idiots trying to get with the obama campaign? not the funniest, but I think it rings true.

face it, jesse: obama says the words that you are afraid to say.

3. Abb
    July 10, 2008 9:54 am

I think that the old B-94 was the one that formed the band. Maybe contacting the new b-94 will help get a copy of the song. Hope this helped.

4. Burghthing
    July 10, 2008 9:55 am

I knew you were still ill when you failed to mention the Judges new gift service: http://bp1.blogger.com/_l2aJTt0wyAY/SHNPYwOFQtI/AAAAAAAAJMQ/aOOnu62b-Vg/s1600-h/Pigeon+Registry.JPG

So when is your birthday again?

5. Matt
    July 10, 2008 10:37 am

#4: Here’s an article about the band…

and if you have myspace, this is one of the members. You could try sending him a message to see if he still has it.

The song was called “Got a Secret”.

6. Bex
    July 10, 2008 10:54 am

B-94 definitely was responsible for Crush. Is it sad that I can say that with absolute certainty?

7. dayafternext
    July 10, 2008 11:19 am

Burghthing –

omg that’s a joke, right?

8. Valerie
    July 10, 2008 11:20 am

So cool that you found Kate’s blog and her Penguin nursery!

9. The Dude
    July 10, 2008 11:54 am

Not sure on how to take the comment about the daddy elepahnt. It’s sometimes difficult to detect sarcasm online. I can attest that it IS heartbreaking to watch your significant other being in so much pain and there is not really a whole lot you can do about it but give support. Daddies-to-be (at least the ones I know) take good care of the moms during the pregnancy. I think there is not enough credit given to them.

10. pittgirl
    July 10, 2008 11:58 am

The Dude,

Jackson has fathered like six elephants with four different elephants from here to Georgia.

My comment is not directed to human daddies. My comment is directed to a randy bull elephant who probably wasn’t even there for the birth of the whopping 200 lb. baby.

That is all.

11. Christina
    July 10, 2008 12:08 pm

Man, Jackson, you elephant wh*re. I hope those ladies are getting themselves tested afterward!

12. Ginny
    July 10, 2008 12:27 pm

That nursery is amazing. Maybe I can get that for my own bedroom, along with a certain number 87 to complete it.

The dude- calm down! She wasn’t commenting on human fathers.

13. Matt
    July 10, 2008 12:35 pm

what’s up with everyone getting up in arms about pittgirl’s posts lately?

14. Stephen
    July 10, 2008 12:36 pm

Yeah, the band was CRUSH spawned by the B-94 where Bubba was the butt of all the jokes, not the main D.J. A friend of mine from high school actually got picked to choreograph a dance for them. She may still have the song, but I think your best bet is to call B-94, I’m sure they have it somewhere.

15. Nel
    July 10, 2008 12:36 pm

Dude,
    Credit for what?????? What do you want credit for besides getting the woman pregnant.
    Holding my hand while something the size of a watermellon tries to fit through a space the size of a grape???
    Gee thanks!!!
    If men had the babies, there would be zero population growth.

16. pittgirl
    July 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Matt,

I don’t know. Am I being like super offensive lately?

17. emstef23
    July 10, 2008 12:59 pm

Pittgirl – you totally aren’t being super offensive!

You provide us readers with your point of view on something that is going on in the city, region, world. Sometimes we agree with you, sometimes we don’t. And sometimes you are just being sarcastic/funny/silly as hell and I’m not sure some people can appreciate that on certain posts.

I think that sometimes people just need to relax a little and have some fun instead of twisting your words into an argument for this that and the other.

18. Messier
    July 10, 2008 1:02 pm

More like, “Boring is a Stupid Waste of Money”. Will someone tell me why they didn’t just use the existing 2nd level of the RR bridge from Pennsylvania Station to get to the North Shore?

19. The Dude
    July 10, 2008 1:05 pm

Pittgirl,

Sorry for that misunderstanding. Did not know the whole story about the whore daddy elephant. I am new to your blog as of this week. After I read that, I was afraid that this blog would have male-bashing spread throughout, similar to what Samantha Bennett of the PG does with her articles. I hope that your response to my post was not similar to Jesse Jackson’s. I have just read your a few of your previous entries, keep up the good work! :-)

Nel,

Just the little things…parking down the street so she gets the driveway, going to the Uni-Mart to get Jalepno Ben’n’Jerry’s then trying to comfort her when she throws it up a little later, going food shopping (insert scary music here), etc. Unfortunately there are the guys who are just like what you describe. They expect the lady to do her regular routine and still ask the 8-month-pregnant mother to go down the cellar to get a beer.

20. Kathy
    July 10, 2008 1:43 pm

Burghthing,

Pittgirl must not be feeling well. She missed a pigeon story AND another naked-guy-being-arrested story. PG, hope you are feeling better soon…

21. PITTchickINnny
    July 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Holy crap! Is it particularly hot and muggy in the Burgh this week?! Apparently the moral of the “Lemons. Just lemons” post was lost on some people.

All you have to complain about is pittgirl’s observation of just how little a male elephant would contribute to the birthing process (seriously? you take offense to that?) or her description of her cryin’ eyes being like that of an Asian? Really?

pittgirl, I LOVE your blog; it’s the first thing I read every morning! I got your back, Girl! Keep your chin up and hang in there. (Hopefully no one was offended by that chin comment. Or hanging.)

22. Erin
    July 10, 2008 2:21 pm

Jackson (the whore) was actually sniffing around their pee to try to see if they weren’t pregnant anymore, so he could . . . impregnate them AGAIN. Dude.

23. PittCheMBA
    July 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Maybe the Rev JJ is jealous of Obama’s success as a presidential candidate.

July 10, 2008 7:57 pm

Methinks items 2 and 7 are related (harkening back to another Jesse indiscretion).

What? Anyone can read that?

Oops, sorry. This thing I wrote in a hot-post statement that’s interpreted as a distraction, I offer apology for that.

buc”Hymietown”daddy

Damn. I did it again …

25. Pinto Alegre
    July 10, 2008 8:34 pm

Why does anyone actually care what Jesse Jackson says at all? Years ago — when our old president was getting hummers in the Oval Office, Rev. Jesse said that he was going to comfort his friend and help him deal with this situation.

And then a little bit later….he gets caught bonking someone from his office. Nothing like the blind leading the blink. Hypocritical a**hole.

26. Pinto Alegre
    July 10, 2008 8:35 pm

…blind leading the blind. Sorry about that. :)

July 11, 2008 7:08 am

everytime jesse opens his pie hole, MLK rolls in his grave.

28. JamieO
    July 11, 2008 7:56 am

PittGirl,

I am offended that you are worried that you are being offensive. How’s that?

Jesse Jackson is an asshat, that is for certain. I really like Obama, and no I am not one of those who thinks he can feed a rally of 5,000 people at the Point with five Primanti sandwiches and two bottles of IC Light and then stroll on over to Station Square without using a bridge. He has his flaws, but what he said at the rally that triggered the Jackson comment was outstanding, as was his speech on race relations. He says things that anger both Jesse Jackson and the guy with a Rebel flag on is truck in PA, and that is a good thing.

As for Jackson – so HE was the elephant with all the gold chains and cheap cologne I saw going into the old Donzi’s in Station Square like 10 years ago. Huh.

Hey Savannah…..how you doin’?

29. Bob
    July 11, 2008 8:13 am

If i was santonio i would be to tired to practice having to carry around that toddler in his pants…wha whaa whaa whaaaaaaa

30. MoreRoth,LessBurger
    July 16, 2008 10:34 pm

uhh, I don’t know if this is the right song, but the comment made me think of the one by The Jets in the ’80’s
    The Jets
    Crush on You
    ———————————-

How did you know ‘cause I never told
    But you found out I’ve got a crush on you
    The words you read, my heart’s been displayed
    You found out I’ve got a crush on you

You must have heard it from my best friend
    She’s always talkin’ when she should be listenin’
    Can’t keep a secret to save her life
    But still I trusted her with all I felt inside

I never knew a rumor could spread so fast
    ‘Cause now the word is out all over town
    That I’m longing for you