1. I’m trying very hard not to be a whiny bitch, but seriously, I’m so sick with a recurrence of Texas Death that I might need the wah-mbulance.
2. This has nothing to do with the color of his skin, okay? Jesse Jackson is a giant idiot.
“And this thing I said in a hot-mic statement that’s interpreted as a distraction, I offer apology for that. I don’t want harm or hurt to come to this campaign.”
Dude. I don’t think any harm or hurt came to his campaign. I think harm or hurt came to your reputation.
3. Blogger Dispatcher From Hell is having a baby and she and her hubby have gone all out on a Penguins-themed nursery. Check out that hand-painted center ice logo. They should have painted the severed head of Marian Hossa rolling around the ice.
But I’m not bitter. Much.
4. The Burgh Girl Next Door needs our help:
I desperately need your help, as my brain is about to explode. Many years ago (perhaps in 1999 or 2000) during the international boy band craze, a Pittsburgh radio station (or maybe TV station….but I really think radio station) formed their own boyband which came to be called CRUSH, and I believe their only single was called “I’ve Got a Crush on You.”
My problem is that song used to crack me up, and I had it downloaded ages ago but lord only knows what happened to it. I can’t find ANY EVIDENCE of ANY OF THIS on the Internet, so I need the help of you and your readers. Who was the station? Where can I get the song?
Seeing as I have the most awesome, most knowledgeable readers on the planet, I expect this mystery to be solved in the next ten minutes. Just watch.
5. Whereas before he claimed he was missing OTAs because he didn’t want to get injured, now the Asshat says it was family stuff:
It is our duty as an NFL player, as a professional to say, ‘OK, I want to be at all the OTAs.’ But family situations come up, personal things come up. And for people to say we don’t show up, or a lot of guys only come to certain OTAs when they feel like it, it’s all voluntary.
“I didn’t feel like I needed to show up to every OTA, so I didn’t show up to every OTA. At the same time, I was respectful with it. I called coach (Mike Tomlin), I texted him, I let him know. I called my quarterback (Ben Roethlisberger). I called Hines (Ward). I called Nate (Washington). I told those guys, ‘I won’t be in this week. This is what’s happening with me and the family.’
Believe what you will.
I believe that this photo makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
(h/t the new Steelers News Network)
6. The tunnel borer broke down six feet from shore this morning. While you’re waiting for the new part to be delivered and installed, why not spend some time at the Bore to the Shore site where you can go to the Bore Store and voluntarily give the Port Authority some more of your hard-earned money by purchasing one of these ridic shirts:
7. A baby girl elephant was born at the zoo yesterday and the zoo was sure to let us know that the mother, the 200 lb. baby, and the daddy Jackson are all doing fine.
Thank God, because I was really worried about how Jackson was going to pull through watching his babymama squeeze out a 200-lb baby. That’s hard work for a dad. I hope he remembered the breathing exercises.