- July 28, 2008
- filed under Annoying Burghers, Local media, Penguins, Pirates, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. Welcome back to me! Florida was fan-freakin’-tastic, save for the jellyfish. I mean, wow, why the crap did God create jellyfish?! Not one member of the family was spared from their stings. Also, the final day at the beach, after not being able to get in the water for the previous three days due to the stings:
PittGirl: [Arriving at the family all seated under the canopy staring at the swimmer-less ocean.] Well?
BIL: They’re everywhere. Can’t go in.
BIL: No. JAM-fish.
PittGirl: Bite me.
Despite the lack of ocean time, it was a great week of food and sun and shopping and just being sisters with my sisters.
As for the beach reading, I read David Sedaris’ Naked and finally started the Da Vinci Code (I KNOW!). David Sedaris. You know, it was a brilliant first few chapters and then I was very meh about the rest of the book. The problem is that the inside of the book doesn’t live up to the hype on the outside of the book where reviewers are giving it SIX-THOUSAND STARS and are assuring me that I am going to pee my pants from laughing so hard.
That didn’t happen. And the nude-camp chapter? Oy. Boring.
Maybe I should try a different Sedaris book?
2. Next Thursday I will be staring into the beautifully imperfect face of one Bryan Adams and there’s someone who sure as hell had better live up to the hype. I better come away from that concert giving him SIX THOUSAND STARS in addition to the sundry items of underwear I’ll likely fling onto the stage.
3. The Cutting Edge has included The Burgh Blog in their last two editions. Holla!
4. I don’t know if pelicans normally eat pigeons, but I do know that that particular pelican now resides in a special place in my heart. That place is called the DIE PIGEONS, DIE chamber.
5. Wordle is addictive. Here’s one I made of my site and I’m so pleased to see the words Ta-Ta and Poobah both made it on there.
Also, when the family decided to take a boat out snorkeling, it was the Grand Poobah’s voice you heard calling out throughout the house that morning at regular intervals, “We are departing in 22 minutes. Repeat, you have 22 minutes or you will be left behind! … 19 minutes, people. 19 minutes until departure!”
And it worked. Had I been in charge it would have been, “22 minutes, people! We should have left 22 minutes ago! The boat has sailed. Go back to bed.”
6. The perfect gift for the little thug in your life. Gangsta Baby Dolls complete with bling and dead unblinking eyes.
Comin straight outta crib-town! Each of these 10-inch hooddlers is A-Listing in the play ground. Rockin fabtastic clothing and so much baby bling that other rug rats can only catch their vapors. Series 1 set of 4 contains: Pookie: The green-eyed baller. But dont make him cranky… ya wouldnt like him when he’s cranky. Benjino: This carrot toped homey is holding the fort down. Rey Rey: From around the way way, a playa who is #1 with all the shorties. Big Deuce: Everyone knows this lil’ shot caller is runnin things.
Saucy is all, “Pookie sounds like he would bust a cap in your ass if you touched his fruit snacks.”
7. Pittsburgh Sports and Mini Ponies has photos of The Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross’ pool complete with the number 7 on the bottom, a swim up bar and a waterfall.
It’s kind of awesome.
8. The Buccos of Suckitude are in last place, as the world turns, these are the days of our lives, que sera will suck.
9. In regards to my hate for Marian Hossa, Bob Smizik thinks I’m a “knucklehead”. Which is fine, because I think he’s an ugly stupidface.