1. I’m kind of ready for Fall. Don’t throw things at me. It’s just that yesterday I was getting caught up on So You Think You Can Dance (what?) and Kat Deely was wearing a long-sleeved black dress, and all I could think of was how excited I’ll be to pull out my black turtleneck sweaters and my do-me boots.
2. I feel sorry for teenagers going back to school this Fall, because according to the Macy’s windows, their only options for dress are Jonas Brothers’ inspired skinny-legged tight-crotched jeans with rocker shirts and scarves, or gear pulled straight from the Camp Rock movie … i.e. skinny-legged, tight-crotched jeans with rocker shirts and scarves.
3. Seeing this brought back memories of my strong desire to be Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink. I wanted that big drawer full of odd costume jewelry, a closet full of vintage pink clothing, a little pink car, red hair, fair skin, an eccentric best friend and a hot rich boy with a crush on me.
Instead, I honestly can’t recall a single day in high school that I wore any jewelry other than my Snoopy watch (for real). My standard mode of dress was jeans and whatever shirt was near the front of the closet. I rode the bus. My hair is brown. My skin is not even a little bit fair. My best friend was class valedictorian. And the exchange student from Denmark had a crush on me.
4. If you haven’t already, go check out the two episodes of Pittsburgh: The Turkish Television Series at T&A. There’s even a “move forward” shout-out. But you’re not allowed to drink. That’s in violation of the rules. Lushes.
5. You may not drink at this either:
Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said in a statement. “Working with the community and stakeholders to move projects such as the Oakhill and Arena developments forward is creating a natural economic development surge, attracting private investment into this historic neighborhood.”
You see how sneaky that was? Putting more than five words in between the move and the forward? Game on.
7. Julie Bologna is back at WPXI and I’m being scolded for not talking about it, but here’s the thing, I’ve always been very meh about her. I guess she deserves a second look and I promise to do that so that I can understand why boys are so in love with her. More later on that.
8. Lukey named the new team of workers in charge of cleaning up the business districts the Hokey Team and I want to find a hammer to bash my skull in.